Artistic Model Railway Photography

jpachl

I decided to continue the topic on artistic model railway photography I started in the boxfile and diorama section (see http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/108170-collaboration-between-railway-modeller-and-artist/) here in the photography section where it fits better.

In the meantime, I finished another picture combining a model railway railway scene with a virtual background made from a computer game. Details, you find on the linked Flickr page.

40102787790_fbe62726d0_z.jpgWarehouse yard by Jörn Pachl, auf Flickr

Last week, this picture made it on the header of the weekly newsletter of Model Railway Hobbyist magazine.

post-13376-0-48533300-1526206913.jpg

Joern

Edited by jpachl
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

That title usually means scantily clad ladies draped over bonnets. :)

...R

PS .. or men

That's always the risk when, for the sake of an American prototype, you replace 'shunting' by 'switching'. :)

Joern

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Since most computer games play in a rather modern or even near-future fantasy world, it's a little bit difficult to find suitable environments that would fit to my 1960s rolling stock. So, I recently bought some modern TT scale US tank cars made by Czech manufacturer MTB to be used in such virtual photo scenes. Here is the first result.

47259204081_3b88ce3573_z.jpgCalling 911 at the level crossing by Jörn Pachl, auf Flickr

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

TT scale (1:120) model train steaming through a virtual old industry environment made from an edited screenshot of the computer game 'Devil May Cry 5'. The original screenshot was provided by VR artist Larah Johnson

48221538991_38f3647952_z.jpgSteaming through the old industry yard by Jörn Pachl, auf Flickr

Edited by jpachl
  • Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 1 month later...

TT scale (1:120) model train headed by Soviet steam locomotive ТЭ-3505 (former German class 52) passing through a virtual wasteland made from a screenshot of the computer game 'Metro Exodus'. The original screenshot was provided by French VR artist X-Nergal-X.

Joern

48544626436_77d6e3130e_z.jpgSteaming through the wasteland by Jörn Pachl, auf Flickr

Edited by jpachl
  • Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• 1 year later...

Tried something new: TT scale (1:120) model trains blended into a virtual environment made from a movie screenshot:

51173344582_aef4e9fc8a_z.jpgNight hazmat delivery by Jörn Pachl, auf Flickr

See also my latest article in my  MRH blog:

https://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/node/42702