Lakemont - Freelance US Switching layout

Seb

• RMweb Gold

Or Jordan, Mick & Simon if you want real names! :D ;)

There are times I regret making up a user name rather quickly & without much thought :blush: although F-Units are one of my all-time favourite loco designs. :D

You could do what I do, and put your forename in your signature file.

Hi Jordan,

Yes, I like to know the real names  :D

Or Jordan, Mick & Simon if you want real names! :D ;)

There are times I regret making up a user name rather quickly & without much thought :blush: although F-Units are one of my all-time favourite loco designs. :D

Hi all,

LVN GP10 8229 crooses the main road at Lakemont Yard. This road goes to the industrial park located behind the Yard.

43210083182_8c9739bb7e_b.jpg

To be continued ...

• Like 16
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 3 weeks later...

Salut Sébastien !

I've just discovered your thread and layout a few minutes ago!

Fantastic and realistic!

Superbe !!!!!

I hope to see this layout in an exhibition.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

andrew's trains, on 18 Jul 2018 - 13:36, said:snapback.png

Seb. Great modelling, and your eye for scenery and track is outstandingly good. Love the photos of the layout so far. Like everyone else I am looking forward to more. Following this thread with great interest.

JAMO, on 29 Jul 2018 - 23:24, said:snapback.png

Salut Sébastien !

I've just discovered your thread and layout a few minutes ago!

Fantastic and realistic!

Superbe !!!!!

I hope to see this layout in an exhibition.

Thanks Andew and Jack for your comments. :-)

Sorry Jack, I did not design the layout for exhibitions. That will be too much risk of damage on it. My purpose is to preserve this layout in perfect condition as much as possible. 

Edited by Seb
  • Like 1

Hi,

Two pictures taken yesterday during an operating session on the layout.

43952972792_520737ef1a_b.jpg

30132970808_1e347f5f5a_b.jpg

I'm also working on a new engine to add to LVN's roster : SD40-2 in "Grey Ghost" scheme. A lot of work remains to do (and many detailing parts to add)!

44001624461_034d088e31_b.jpg

To be continued ...

Edited by Seb
  • Like 12
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's been a long time since I posted here ...

This photo was taken during an operating session some days ago.

45022718085_244142223b_b.jpg

To be continued.

Just dropped onto this thread and something really prototypical is lurking in the long grass to the left.  

Yup old track.  How many times do we see that modelled ?

Excellent work and will be revisiting 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sebastien, I had received a 2019 Model Railroad Planning magazine(from Model Railroader) about 3 weeks ago or so. I had read your article and saw the nice pictures of your Lake Valley & Northern layout. You have built a nice, simple layout with only six turnouts. Congratulations on having your layout featured in Model Railroad Planning and keep up the good work!

Wendell

Idaho, USA

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• 4 weeks later...

On 04/03/2019 at 07:12, Wendell1976 said:

Sebastien, I had received a 2019 Model Railroad Planning magazine(from Model Railroader) about 3 weeks ago or so. I had read your article and saw the nice pictures of your Lake Valley & Northern layout. You have built a nice, simple layout with only six turnouts. Congratulations on having your layout featured in Model Railroad Planning and keep up the good work!

Wendell

Idaho, USA

Hi Wendell,

Thank you for the kind words. Much appreciated. :-)

It's been a while I have posted here. The layout is still alive and I'm working on several new projects.

A spreader truck has been recently added on the Grain Elevator complex. This area is still in progress. Grain bins and the bucket elevator are in place but a lot of detailing work is needed. The truck is from Athearn, the spreader is scratch built. West Coast mirrors are still missing and I have to apply more weathering and some mud. 

47405822422_9a3c78d9cd_b.jpg

This photo was taken during one of my last operating session. I Try to operate the layout almost every day. 

47497678581_defb412291_b.jpg

• Like 11
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

Ok, I'm going to be the one to ask the Stupid Question.... :fool:

What is the Spreader Truck used for, in relation to grain operations?  It looks very much like the sort of truck (cab excepted) that gets used here in the UK to spread grit on the roads during the winter - a 'gritter lorry' in our terms. I doubt that's it's intended purpose here. :scratchhead::dontknow:

Jordan - Not 100% certain but I think they are used to spread fertilizer across a wide area hence the balloon tires  - could also be used to throw grain seed similarly (the original meaning of "to broadcast") - Interested to know, too

Edited by shortliner

• RMweb Premium
On 30/03/2019 at 07:44, Seb said:

This photo was taken during one of my last operating session. I Try to operate the layout almost every day. 

47497678581_defb412291_b.jpg

Hi Seb,

views of Lakemont are always fantastic - your observational skills and how you translate them into model form are nothing short of inspired. As always, I'm in awe of the vegetation - the grass between and around the tracks and the tree growth at the rear. But what really strikes me in this view is the very slight difference in the level of the tracks, subtle and utterly convincing!

Do keep posting!

Best regards,

Mark

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 1 month later...

Hello,

"LVN #151 & #149" pulling covered hoppers".

This area is not yet finished, I have a lot of detailing works to do around the warehouse.

46886840925_a828edaee0_b.jpg

• Like 15
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• 7 months later...

Hi Sebastian, didn't realise you were on RMweb! We met on the Facebook HO Scale Shelf Layouts group, I was the guy who correctly identified your method for trees! Nice layout, I shall be following this thread.

• 6 months later...