Lakemont - Freelance US Switching layout

Seb

Excellent modelling. I think what you've really got down is the lighting. It looks like actual daylight (on a sort of cloudy but fine day). The vantage points help as well, being less of a helicopter shot, and more of a person with a camera view.

You really have to look closely on some of them to work out that it's actually a model. That one with 503 in it in particular.

Excellent modelling. I think what you've really got down is the lighting. It looks like actual daylight (on a sort of cloudy but fine day). The vantage points help as well, being less of a helicopter shot, and more of a person with a camera view.

You really have to look closely on some of them to work out that it's actually a model. That one with 503 in it in particular.

Thanks for your comment, much appreciated!

I just reread your post and caught the cellphone speaker in the wood box trick.

I own a model train store and have been factory trained to install DCC AND SOUND. 

I am really impressed with the sound of the wood over the plastic box!

I used to build custom stereo boxes for cars and can not believe I missed that! You are correct. Wood does offer better sound.

Where do you get the cell phone speakers? The clarity is great!

Great job on the sound!!!!!!!!!

Also, what did you use for your tall grass? I cannot seam to get static grass to look that good.

Thanks Again

Mark in California. soon to be in Nebraska

Hi SEB:

I really admire your trees and foilage. Are those Super trees from Scenic Express and if so what type of foilage material are you using? Tree leaf material or ground foam?

I am currently, making some trees/foilage using Super Trees products and would like to achive similar results like yours.

Thanks, for any information/clarification.

Barry

Hello Mark,

Thanks for your comment. I have got those cell phone speakers from a local supplier, but very close those you could find here : http://www.sbs4dcc.com/sugarcubespeakers.html

I'm using static grass from Mini Natur to reproduce the tall grass.

Where do you get the cell phone speakers? The clarity is great!

Great job on the sound!!!!!!!!!

Also, what did you use for your tall grass? I cannot seam to get static grass to look that good.

Thanks Again

Mark in California. soon to be in Nebraska

Edited by Seb

Hi Barry,

The trees are made from Zeeschuim (= Seafoam = "Super Trees" from SE). Trees are first painted with a dark green acrylic color. After the painting step I glue a mix of foam, leaves and grass to simulate the foliage :

- Foam : Heki 1611 & 1612
- Grass : Mini Natur 2 mm "Late Summer" (http://www.sceneryexpress.com/2MM-LATE-SUMMER-STATIC-GRASS/productinfo/SF00223/)
- Leaves : Polak or Noch

I hope this information will be helpful to you.

Hi SEB:

I really admire your trees and foilage. Are those Super trees from Scenic Express and if so what type of foilage material are you using? Tree leaf material or ground foam?

I am currently, making some trees/foilage using Super Trees products and would like to achive similar results like yours.

Thanks, for any information/clarification.

Barry

Hi Barry,

The trees are made from Zeeschuim (= Seafoam = "Super Trees" from SE). Trees are first painted with a dark green acrylic color. After the painting step I glue a mix of foam, leaves and grass to simulate the foliage :

- Foam : Heki 1611 & 1612

- Grass : Mini Natur 2 mm "Late Summer" (http://www.sceneryexpress.com/2MM-LATE-SUMMER-STATIC-GRASS/productinfo/SF00223/)

- Leaves : Polak or Noch

I hope this information will be helpful to you.

Thanks, much, SEB.

I already have some of these products but will be buying others you listed.

Barry

Thanks, much, SEB.

Barry

You're welcome Barry!

where did you get the figures standing in front of 8229 from please?

Duncan

Hi Duncan,

Preiser 28032 & 28010

Hi,

Over the last few days, the layout has been totally disassembled in order to do some painting works into the room.

During the building phase, I have spent many hours making all parts easily removable. All those attentions have paid, all parts have been disassembled and stored in another room without damages.

Since yesterday, the layout is fully operational again :

42244539785_7b844bb571_b.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

Over the last few days, the layout has been totally disassembled in order to do some painting works into the room.

During the building phase, I have spent many hours making all parts easily removable. All those attentions have paid, all parts have been disassembled and stored in another room without damages.

Since yesterday, the layout is fully operational again :

42244539785_7b844bb571_b.jpg

If I get anywhere half that, I'll be happy

Cheers,

MIck

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I won't be happy until I am least as good as that.

(I want my track to look more rubbishy and run-down than that. Not a criticism of Seb's track.)

Cheers,

MIck

I won't be happy until I am least as good as that.

If I was still in HO, I'd just give up now :( I like to think that with the larger size of O Scale, I stand a fighting chance of getting somewhere close to that sort of realism. (& I can do rubbish track quite well :mosking: )
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

If I was still in HO, I'd just give up now :( I like to think that with the larger size of O Scale, I stand a fighting chance of getting somewhere close to that sort of realism. (& I can do rubbish track quite well :mosking: )

I was thinking of you when I spoke of rubbishy track! ;)

Hi all,

Thanks to "F-Unitmad"; Mick, & "Regularity" for your comment!

Or Jordan, Mick & Simon if you want real names! :D ;)

There are times I regret making up a user name rather quickly & without much thought :blush: although F-Units are one of my all-time favourite loco designs. :D