Off to Brum... Again!

rapidotrains

• RMweb Gold

I probably travelled on the same buses at some time. Stoney Lane was where the 15 crossed the Outer Circle at the Yew Tree, Yardley. I lived near there 1973-75. The other side was a bit off my usual run, although sometimes I went by Number 11 from Harborne to Witton to get to Villa Park or going to Soho Depot in Winson Green. I think the 15 crossed the Outer Circle at Hamstead Road / Handsworth Wood Road so you weren't far out.

Edited by TheSignalEngineer

• RMweb Gold

Hi Yes done the 11 right round because I could and a second time took a friend visiting Brum - a £2.40 day out and a great show. I missed on the tour but a service bus between school hours is fun. At school time it is not !!!!

About 8 years ago the Mailbox in central Birmingham a large display was based on the 11 route with youngsters given camera and told to take what ever interested them and around 300 picture tiles created - from lovely shots of flowers and trees in gardens to burnt out cars and a lost shoe it was a great window on the city. In the way they have not yet finished building the city the display was removed when the mailbox shopping centre got a post riots rebuild ... ho hum

Back on topic the model looks super - "top notch" as the chaps say.       

Hi Yes done the 11 right round because I could and a second time took a friend visiting Brum - a £2.40 day out and a great show. I missed on the tour but a service bus between school hours is fun. At school time it is not !!!!

About 8 years ago the Mailbox in central Birmingham a large display was based on the 11 route with youngsters given camera and told to take what ever interested them and around 300 picture tiles created - from lovely shots of flowers and trees in gardens to burnt out cars and a lost shoe it was a great window on the city. In the way they have not yet finished building the city the display was removed when the mailbox shopping centre got a post riots rebuild ... ho hum

Back on topic the model looks super - "top notch" as the chaps say.       

Speaking of burned-out cars, we passed a weird thing around Aston. There was a row of seemingly new houses surrounded by a fence and obviously unoccupied. Within the fence was a burned out caravan.

Anyone know what that was about?

-Jason

• RMweb Gold

I probably travelled on the same buses at some time. Stoney Lane was where the 15 crossed the Outer Circle at the Yew Tree, Yardley. I lived near there 1973-75. The other side was a bit off my usual run, although sometimes I went by Number 11 from Harborne to Witton to get to Villa Park or going to Soho Depot in Winson Green. I think the 15 crossed the Outer Circle at Hamstead Road / Handsworth Wood Road so you weren't far out.

Thanks for the info I can now see where I travelled from and too, not having a present day 15 route it wasn't easy to locate the stops. I will now be searching for an old WMPTE timetable! :)