Rhymney Railway Drawings

Poggy1165

This book is (as the title suggests) mainly a collection of drawings (in 7mm scale) of Rhymney Railway locos, coaches and wagons. It is beautifully produced and also contains many photos. The loco drawings include some of the rebuilt versions created post 1923 by the GWR.

I suspect that some will think this book is relevant only to pre-group days. However many Rhymney locos and items of loco stock survived well into BR days. In addition, most of the wagons were "common user" from 1917 onwards, and would therefore not be out of place anywhere in Britain. 

I like drawings of this kind for their own sake. Chances are I will never use most of them, except perhaps the odd wagon, but I still like to have the information. Books like this are rare nowadays, and need to be supported, especially as similar volumes for other Welsh railways are in contemplation.

The cover price of £18 is very reasonable for such a well-produced book. (Lightmoor Press are the publishers - nuff said!) However if you happen to be a member of the Welsh Railways Research Circle, you can get it even cheaper, as a members' discount is available through the Circle.

Edited by Poggy1165