Arundel Exhibition?

EmporiaSub

• RMweb Gold

I just turned down an offer from Dakota to attend an exhibition in Sherringham in August. I had quite enough bookings for this year already. It seemed strange to be inviting layouts this close to the date.

I was also concerned about the lack of information about other exhibitors, insurance ( particularly based on recent events), expenses etc. etc.

I only found out about the politics after the turning down the offer and didn't have any regrets.

David

9 hours ago, Fen End Pit said:

I just turned down an offer from Dakota to attend an exhibition in Sherringham in August. I had quite enough bookings for this year already. It seemed strange to be inviting layouts this close to the date.

I was also concerned about the lack of information about other exhibitors, insurance ( particularly based on recent events), expenses etc. etc.

I only found out about the politics after the turning down the offer and didn't have any regrets.

David

I heard of one layout owner being contacted the night before, asking whether or not he was attending.  I guess that others will understand what the answer was, given that there had been no information supplied beyond the original conversation at an exhibition.

As I said previously as an individual he will need to ensure that accurate records are kept - for HMRC - as they will wish their Tax to be paid on any Income from these events.

Many on here, and elsewhere, have concerns about events / exhibitions being advertised as if they are from a local Model Railway Club or similar organisation. North Norfolk Model Railway Exhibition, may well appear to an individual as being associated with the North Norfolk Railway (the recent GCR event which is directly linked to the Great Central Railway) but that appears to not be the case.

• Like 1