bigboyboris

Are there any kits for locos and rolling stock available based on the 1870-1890ish period?

Preferably in 4mm,but I'd consider other scales as well if there was a sufficiently superior range.

What part of the UK are you thinking about?

I can PM you a list of 4mm Caledonian Railway loco kits.

I'm not sure how up to date it is.

There is also a RTR CR 812 class due to be released.

Jim

Edited by Caley Jim
  • Like 1

I produce a small range of LB&SCR Stroudley coaches - built from the early 1870s to 1890s (plus I'm working on two horsebox designs) in laser-cut card if you end up feeling like a more southern turn of events.

Cambrian do a few plastic Southern wagon kits that are suitable for the same period.

Edited by Skinnylinny
  • Like 2

I'm not necessarily attached to one specific region, but if I had to pick I'd put the Great Eastern and Great Northern Joint Railway at the top of my list.

Any line with a healthy variety of freight traffic is a possibility if the support is good, though.

• Like 2

Various kits are available for the SER and LCDR from Branchlines and Roxey.

I'm not necessarily attached to one specific region, but if I had to pick I'd put the Great Eastern and Great Northern Joint Railway at the top of my list.

Any line with a healthy variety of freight traffic is a possibility if the support is good, though.

An underappreciated line, for which, in your period, you would really need a Sinclair Single - the original Cathedrals Express ran on this line.

post-25673-0-18665000-1527078935_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Ks (Keyser) produced the Milestone series, but from memory there was nothing to fit the GN/GE joint area.  The nearest was probably a LT&S tank.

Although long out of production, they do sometimes turn up on a well known auction site.

• Like 1

Don't London Road do some 1860's LNW coaches?