(GWR Malcom Mitchell King kit) instructions needed...please!

Tove

Hello fellow O gauger`s,

Is there anyone here that could supply me with the Instructions for building the front pony truck on on a King class Locomotive Please?.

The kit in question is from Malcom Mitchell so i`ve been told,and was purchased 80% complete/built,but with no instruction`s.

I should also say,it`s not for me but for my dad who`s finishing it off for my grandad.

So if someone could help either by PM`ing me or posting them here,then it would be greatly appreciated by myself and the two senior Tovey`s!.

Many thanks,

Brian.

Hi Brian,

Got bogged down in lasers and cooking dinner, sorry...

Herewith some photos of mine. I have sent you the relevant pages of the instructions by PM, though should warn you that they are poor photocopies to begin with, and somewhat terse, as you will see :)

It appeared to me that no provision whatsoever is made for the bogie pivot, except the loose slot at the back of the bogie engaging with I know not what in the are of the front brake cross-beam, and the longer cross slot in the trapezoidal bogie stretchers.

I therefore made a “bridge” that in as much as I could, follows the real loco (though forgive me, I made it about 15 years back, and the memory may be a bit hazy). The cross bridge is two fretted pieces that sit perpendicular to the frames and an underneath-piece which is curved to be deeper in the middle and sit touching the underside of the frames at its edges - the cross pieces actually support the lower inside slide bars. These parts were all soldered together with more than a little foul language! This is secured to two pieces of ~ 2mm square brass soldered to the inside of the frames with 12BA screws, and has a turned pivot pin on which the bogie swivels and slides. The height of the front of the loco is set by the length of the turned nylon bush, the drivers are sprung. I hope the photos are clear, but if you need more info, just shout.

post-20369-0-23301300-1527329674_thumb.jpeg

post-20369-0-33068500-1527329709_thumb.jpeg

post-20369-0-20215700-1527329733_thumb.jpeg

Best

Simon

• Like 3

Hi Simon,

No problem at all,just very greatfully for your help.

I shall point my dad here also,so he can see the photo`s and read your descripition of the 'fix' as well,all of which will no doubt help.

Thanks again,

Brian.

PS.hope the lasers were soley for the modelmaking and not dinner preparation.!!

Great, happy to help.

Lasers do have culinary uses. You can, for example, pre-engrave your toast, so you can eat the morning news as you read it.

An image of Jesus on my mum’s Good Friday hot cross bun was a bit of a giggle too...

Best

Simon