Painting a White Line Round a Curve

How do you paint a white line on a platform that has a curve?

To make it even more fun, I'd rather not move the platform (and have screwed it in from beneath) as it's very tight for some trains.

I thought masking tape but don't know if I'd get the curve right.

I would use a pair of compasses with a drawing pen, put the point side down the edge of the platform, with the pen set to the required distance in from the edge, charge it with white paint and run the compasses along the platform.

This is the sort of thing I mean,

post-18627-0-04245700-1527512564.png

Once the line is established it's easier to paint in the gap between platform edge and line with a small brush.

Peter

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Off topic, I know, but....

A friend of mine, a painter & decorator these days, many years ago was an apprentice.

As he and another apprentice had been larking about, punishment was meted out by their time served boss.

So they ended up painting white lines on the taxi-way at RAF Cottesmore, each one starting from opposite ends and following a chalk line.

The language from the gaffer was choice, when they met in the middle, and he discovered that they had painted thier lines on opposite sides of the chalk mark.

I am told, that right up until closure, there was a wiggle in one of the taxiways.

Regards

Ian