Diagram 1/552 Inspection Saloon Liveries

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon,

A friend who isnt very pc literate is building an Easibuild Inspection Saloon and wants to know which liveries these carried, his layout covers the 1994 to 2006 period.

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan

I saw the title of this thread and hoped I would be saved making an enquirery myself. I have started to make a 1/552 from left bits from Tri-ang cut and shuts I have recently been doing. My enquirery  is about the early days of these three saloons. They are made before the days of Blue-grey livery so I wanted to know were they in maroon, if so did the lining go around the ends as preserved and did they carry yellow warning panels? Here is DB999506 in maroon with full yellow ends.

Late liveries include

BR maroon

Regional Railways

GWR Chocolate and Cream

Inter City

This colourful one

EWS

Number DB999508 has been modified

and has been in Serco grey and red

and Network yellow

You also missed the following liveries... Scotrail, Loadhaul and Mainline Aircraft Blue.

I am not sure whether they were the LMS Design or BR Designs but Resaldar (Mike Cole) has build a few of these and he provide advice and extra info.

You also missed the following liveries... Scotrail, Loadhaul and Mainline Aircraft Blue.

I am not sure whether they were the LMS Design or BR Designs but Resaldar (Mike Cole) has build a few of these and he provide advice and extra info.

I contacted Mike a few days ago and he hasnt built one of these BR ones.

Regards

Alan

Careful though as that's an LMS version. BR design ones had two end windows, the LMS design had three.

Jason

Hi Jason,

That Inspection Saloon is from BR Diag 1/550, (numbered DB999501 - 5) which was based on the LMS Diag D2046. The main difference was that in the small saloon, the left hand side window and door configuration was altered from window/door/window to window/window/door, to be a mirror image of the right hand side. Another difference was that the centre window in the ends was retained but was a fixed light as opposed to the LMS drop light.

Regards

Mike

I collected this example of a Diag 1/552 Inspection Saloon as running in the mid 1980s from Easybuild at Doncaster yesterday

post-6951-0-99639000-1528037255.jpg

post-6951-0-44427800-1528037265.jpg

post-6951-0-96806400-1528037275.jpg

post-6951-0-40899000-1528037286.jpg

the transfers are by Precision Decals (John Peck)

post-6951-0-51428300-1528037293.jpg

the only available means of propulsion at present, but Rule 1 applies until I can obtain a 47 or 31 in Blue!

regards

Mike

• Like 1