Walton on Thames Model Railway Exhibition - September 2018

01.gellert

We are extremely proud to be able to present the third model railway exhibition in Hersham after last year’s success. Like in 2017, there will be an overflow car park but more details will be published closer to the time. 

Please have a look at our event on Facebook, Twitter, RM Web and UK Model Shop Directory (direct links below). Also, please make sure you share it with friends and family. Advanced tickets will be on sale via our website closer to the time.

Hope to see you there!

Date: Saturday 30th September
Time: 10:00AM to 17:00PM
Venue address: All Saints RC Church Hall,
                           Queens Road,
                           Hersham, Walton on Thames,
                           Surrey - KT12 5LU
Admission Prices: Adult – £5 | Senior – £4 | Child – £3.00 | Family (2+2) – £12.00

UK Model Shop Directory: www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/events/15764-WaltononThamesModelRailwayExhibitionExhibition

RM Web Calendar: www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/calendar/event/1928-walton-on-thames-model-railway-exhibition/

Facebook: www.facebook.com/waltonmre/

Twitter: www.twitter.com/hersham_train

Refreshments, car parking, (limited) disabled access (wheelchair users will be able to visit the two main halls but not the stage) AND MORE!

List of Exhibitors:

Layouts:

Broad Pass - Z Gauge
City Basin Goods - N Gauge
Kidmore Shortline - N Gauge
St Elizabeth Street - N Gauge
Children's Corner - OO Gauge
Creeque Alley Brewery - OO Gauge
Dudley Road - OO Gauge
Gas Lane - OO Gauge
Holm - OO Gauge
Thornhill Town - OO Gauge
Saint Judes Les Mines - HO Gauge
Coleford - OO9 Gauge
Hampton Vale - OO9 Gauge
Hobbs Row Halt - OO9 Gauge
Questa - On30 Gauge
Imperial Airport - O Gauge

Traders:
Carriage and Wagon Models
Cyril Kennett Private Sales
David Smith
Harrison-Brown Models (proudly sponsors this exhibition)
Heritage in Motion

Demonstrations:
DCC stand/demonstration

Hope to see you there,

Gellert

Gellert,

It might not be a bad idea to advise people that a Food Hygiene Certificate and an Insurance Certificate will be available for inspection. And that you have no links with a certain Dakota Dibben (briefly of this parish).

Sorry, I won't be with you - setting up an exhibition in Birmingham.

Bill

Gellert,

It might not be a bad idea to advise people that a Food Hygiene Certificate and an Insurance Certificate will be available for inspection. And that you have no links with a certain Dakota Dibben (briefly of this parish).

Sorry, I won't be with you - setting up an exhibition in Birmingham.

Bill

Hi Bill!

Yes - I have just read the "short" forum about the Arundel exhibition.

Just to make some points clear - every exhibition we pay for the exhibitor's full expense (however much we have made, so if we have had 2 visitors, we will stay pay for their expenses -- I have the receipts from last year that were signed by me and the exhibitor that they have got their money (which was the same as what they put down in the booking form), if anyone requests this, this can be shown or I can send you a picture over email).

There will be valid insurance that can be viewed at any time - just ask any of the stewards and they will be able to show you, or direct yourself towards me so I can show you.

Also, this goes for a Food Hygiene Certificate which can be viewed if requested.

There is plenty of space in the car park at the actual hall, however we will also have an overflow car park like last year (both car parks are free of charge for visitors).

And last but not least, some of the money will be going to charity (Railway Children (hence why all the stewards will be wearing Railway Children tshirts) - last year's certificate that we donated can be viewed if requested), and the rest of the money is put aside to organise the next year's exhibition - meaning that I don't get any personal finance out of it, I just do it because I love the hobby and people requested the exhibition since there isn't an exhibition in Elmbridge.

If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me! You can either get in touch with the generic email (info@waltonmodelrailwayexhibition.co.uk), or my personal exhibition one (gkiss@waltonmodelrailwayexhibition.co.uk -- due to less spam on this email, you will get a quicker response), or via phone (07763438150 (I may not be able to pick up but if you leave me a VoiceMail or a text message, I will certainly call back)).

Kind regards,

Gellért Kiss

PS: I have no links to Dakota Dibben, and he isn't exhibiting at our exhibition due to the negative publicity he brings.

EDIT: I also have a fresh first aid certificate (was renewed May 2018), which isn't a legal requirement, however is advised -- so all volunteers, exhibitors and visitors will be safe :)

Edited by 01.gellert
  • Like 1

Gellert,

Well done.  But take your own first aid kit, you may find the bandages in the church kit are just a teeny weeny bit out of date.  Also a luggage label with the church's post code attached to the kit - just in case you have an emergency and need to ring 999.

Bill

• Like 1

Hi Bill!

Yes - I have just read the "short" forum about the Arundel exhibition.

Just to make some points clear - every exhibition we pay for the exhibitor's full expense (however much we have made, so if we have had 2 visitors, we will stay pay for their expenses -- I have the receipts from last year that were signed by me and the exhibitor that they have got their money (which was the same as what they put down in the booking form), if anyone requests this, this can be shown or I can send you a picture over email).

There will be valid insurance that can be viewed at any time - just ask any of the stewards and they will be able to show you, or direct yourself towards me so I can show you.

Also, this goes for a Food Hygiene Certificate which can be viewed if requested.

There is plenty of space in the car park at the actual hall, however we will also have an overflow car park like last year (both car parks are free of charge for visitors).

And last but not least, some of the money will be going to charity (Railway Children (hence why all the stewards will be wearing Railway Children tshirts) - last year's certificate that we donated can be viewed if requested), and the rest of the money is put aside to organise the next year's exhibition - meaning that I don't get any personal finance out of it, I just do it because I love the hobby and people requested the exhibition since there isn't an exhibition in Elmbridge.

If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me! You can either get in touch with the generic email (info@waltonmodelrailwayexhibition.co.uk), or my personal exhibition one (gkiss@waltonmodelrailwayexhibition.co.uk -- due to less spam on this email, you will get a quicker response), or via phone (07763438150 (I may not be able to pick up but if you leave me a VoiceMail or a text message, I will certainly call back)).

Kind regards,

Gellért Kiss

PS: I have no links to Dakota Dibben, and he isn't exhibiting at our exhibition due to the negative publicity he brings.

EDIT: I also have a fresh first aid certificate (was renewed May 2018), which isn't a legal requirement, however is advised -- so all volunteers, exhibitors and visitors will be safe :)

Hi.

Does any of the income from this shown go to supporting a model railway clu?

Dave.

Hi.

Does any of the income from this shown go to supporting a model railway clu?

Dave.

Hi Dave,

As mentioned previously, some of the profits will go to Railway Children, and the rest will go into organising next year's exhibition. 

Regards

Gellert

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I'd just like to say that I attended last year's exhibition as a visitor and thought it hit a very good standard for a small local show.

Edited by 2mmMark

I'd just like to say that I attended last year's exhibition as a visitor and thought it hit a very good standard for a small local show.

Thank you for your comment!

Do say hi if you run into me (I will be wearing a brown "organiser" tshirt) again this year.

Gellert

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

(Sorry that this is so late, I have been very busy in the last month!)

Thanks to all who exhibited and visited our exhibition!

Over the day, we managed to raise £210 for Railway Children.

For future exhibitions, please keep your eyes pealed.

Gellert and the Walton MRE Team