Greater Anglia's Stadler Flirt - Class 745 & 755

• RMweb Gold

If you hear more then please do shout, it's walking distance to Brandon for me now and I'm actually doing nothing on Sunday!

37407 (although 37800 makes more sense) should be the loco according to local info - no times yet

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/K91902/2019/01/20/advanced

Brandon a few minutes ago.

post-9147-0-34974600-1547986589_thumb.jpg

It was running a little earlier.

I know its engines weren't on, but even with 37 at the front it's level of track noise was much lower than the usual 158s and 170s

post-9147-0-68115100-1547986730_thumb.jpg

post-9147-0-32581600-1547986741_thumb.jpg

I know not everyone likes them, but I do for a modern unit... but then I do visit and model Switzerland a lot!

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

The sun was evil today but I decided to stick with Eccles Road station as it's the first unit to pass there

Eccles Road
20 January 2019
37800, Cassiopeia, and 755407 on 5Q47, 11:20, Norwich C.PT. T.&R.S.M.D - Cambridge Reception Roads (12:44) - for staff familiarisation

post-6662-0-27515400-1547989011_thumb.jpg

post-6662-0-36667700-1547988983_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

It's there for a few weeks for staff familiarisation.

Is it visible from the station or do I need to hunt for it? If it’s easily visible, might take a trip to Cambridge and ave a butchers lol

• RMweb Gold

Is it visible from the station or do I need to hunt for it? If it’s easily visible, might take a trip to Cambridge and ave a butchers lol

Don't know I'm afraid, probably in the depot but it might venture out from time to time

• Like 1

Wouldn't think it will go in the shed as that is cross country, mind with this new sh#t supposedly being over weight with full tanks they may have to go there for fuel

Arriva Traincare.  And I believe* they have an arrangement with Abellio during the new trains commissioning phase.

* know

• RMweb Gold

Arriva Traincare.  And I believe* they have an arrangement with Abellio during the new trains commissioning phase.

* know

I heard this today at work , it because crown point is still being rebuilt

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

How many are now in the UK as the delivery seems a bit slow?  As their built in Switzerland, their delivery shouldn’t be affected by the brexit and the nonsense that goes with it.

8 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

How many are now in the UK as the delivery seems a bit slow?  As their built in Switzerland, their delivery shouldn’t be affected by the brexit and the nonsense that goes with it.

Switzerland is part of the European Economic Area - it is an integral part of the EU single market. So yes, exports from there to here absolutely would be affected by a no deal Brexit. 

Did anyone find out anything before voting in the referendum?

Paul

Edited by Fenman
Typo
  • Like 6
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, Fenman said:

Switzerland is part of the European Economic Area - it is an integral part of the EU single market. So yes, exports from there to here absolutely would be affected by a no deal Brexit. 

Did anyone find out anything before voting in the referendum?

Paul

Let's not go there....

• Agree 7

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, beast66606 said:

Path in for late Sunday (tomorrow) morning - whether it runs in that or on Monday is yet to be seen.

Path in for the winged horse to fly to Cambridge and drag the unit back to Norwich tomorrow am (37611) /pm (37611 + 755406)

Edited by beast66606
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well it looks like the conundrum of fitting the longer FLIRTS into Sheringham station has been resolved, the Bittern Line Partnership Facebook page is saying that there will be £1m spent on doubling the platform to 80m long next month.

The £1m also includes a new shelter, a wider platform and better lighting so a bit more than a few beer crates nailed together at the end of the existing platform.  The work will be done in a shutdown between 31 March and the 5 May so it all should be nice and squeaky clean for the start of the holiday season.

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, wombatofludham said:

Ahhhh. One of my pet hates. When did railway stations morph into train stations?

Why does it take 5 weeks and a total closure to build 80m of platform?

• Agree 4