Greater Anglia's Stadler Flirt - Class 745 & 755

There's certainly a lot of uncertainty currently on region currently it'd seem. 

The weather we're having obviously necessitates the fire exit at work being ajar (which offers a view on the GEML) and a by no means informed passive observation concludes that at least one Stadler will pass daily on test and that 321s are doing regular daytime north of Ipswich runs which suggests replacement on lhcs jobs.

Spoke to a driver I'm acquainted with last Friday and he informed me that he'd had three classroom days on the new units thus far.

What I'm getting at, and willing to acknowledge ignorance of, is are the 90 fleet failing, being replaced by 321s, in the hope that Stadlers can be introduced negating Cl.90 & or Mk3 stock exam spend? 

I've patently no idea of introduction/off lease dates of any of AGAs rolling stock BTW...but I'm really getting cheesed off that my morning commute is still on a single 153 when all this shiny new kit is collecting bird sh!t in a siding on the MNR! 

C6T. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, Classsix T said:

The weather we're having obviously necessitates the fire exit at work being ajar (which offers a view on the GEML) and a by no means informed passive observation concludes that at least one Stadler will pass daily on test and that 321s are doing regular daytime north of Ipswich runs which suggests replacement on lhcs jobs.

Spoke to a driver I'm acquainted with last Friday and he informed me that he'd had three classroom days on the new units thus far.

What I'm getting at, and willing to acknowledge ignorance of, is are the 90 fleet failing, being replaced by 321s, in the hope that Stadlers can be introduced negating Cl.90 & or Mk3 stock exam spend? 

I've patently no idea of introduction/off lease dates of any of AGAs rolling stock BTW...but I'm really getting cheesed off that my morning commute is still on a single 153 when all this shiny new kit is collecting bird sh!t in a siding on the MNR! 

C6T. 

Can't say that I know much about GA at all but I do know that all of the 90s, DVTs & Coaching Stock are to removed from their fleet by the end of the year. I have heard reports of 90001 & 90002 are going to Locomotive Services at Crewe and the remaining 13 90s to FL (90003-90015). Not sure what the plans are for the DVTs and Coaching Stock. 

I'm also unsure what's replacing the 90s on the loco hauled trains. I have also heard that the GA 170s are going to TFW and that also at least some 156s are going to TFW too. So this would suggest that a large amount of GA stock will be cascaded and will see further use elsewhere. 

I have also heard that the GA 153s are to be completely removed from traffic from their services and I'm not aware that they are to be cascaded. So hopefully your journeys in small 153s will not be for much longer. 

Finally, I know at least two new units either 745s or 755s were moved from the MNR to Norwich last week by ROG 37601. 

Hope this helps. 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Classsix T said:

C6T. 

1P23 is booked 321s (as is 5P23 which forms it)

There's also a couple of other booked 321 workings.

The 90s aren't failing (any more than they ever do), but there are 3 away now so failures could cause problems.

There's a lot of new unit moves, Ipswich, Diss, Lowestoft are visited each day, sometimes several times.

New one delivered in the morning, 745001.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

06:33, Norwich - Cambridge

08:09, Cambridge - Norwich

09:40 Norwich - Cambridge

etc.

but

there's been a problem tonight so the only 755 in service may well be the once covering the NC37 diagram - only time will tell tomorrow am.

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, Siggie in the east said:

Yeah I've just had a look on our computers here and spoken to Norwich station, no bi-modes on the cambridge services today at the moment, 2 and 3 car Cl170s.

Also, 5Q99 has been cancelled for today.

Ta

Thanks - I'd spotted that 5Q99 was caped. There was an incident last night of some form with 755418 meaning only one - 755410 - in service, so I;m guessing that will cover the NC37 diagrm.

• RMweb Gold
On 06/08/2019 at 06:47, Siggie in the east said:

Oh dear, does that mean it wont be available for test runs today?

Testing/training runs have resumed last night/today with several units out and about.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
52 minutes ago, Siggie in the east said:

Yeah I've seen a 5Q52 on the panel this morning running to Ipswich.

5Q99 was capped again today, possibly tomorrow now.

745001 tomorrow apparently and possibly a Saturday delivery (!) of 3 x 3 cars

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Caught one out on test (80 early) while out for the Walsham tanks (which were 90 late)

07 August 2019

Tivetshall

755414 on 5Q66, 13:50, Ipswich - Norwich C.PT. T.&R.S.M.D

DAS827140.jpg.db2a2b6b0b7163fdafb90e7cafbecc4f.jpg

• Like 11

On 05/08/2019 at 19:06, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Can't say that I know much about GA at all but I do know that all of the 90s, DVTs & Coaching Stock are to removed from their fleet by the end of the year. I have heard reports of 90001 & 90002 are going to Locomotive Services at Crewe and the remaining 13 90s to FL (90003-90015). Not sure what the plans are for the DVTs and Coaching Stock. 

I'm also unsure what's replacing the 90s on the loco hauled trains. I have also heard that the GA 170s are going to TFW and that also at least some 156s are going to TFW too. So this would suggest that a large amount of GA stock will be cascaded and will see further use elsewhere. 

I have also heard that the GA 153s are to be completely removed from traffic from their services and I'm not aware that they are to be cascaded. So hopefully your journeys in small 153s will not be for much longer. 

Finally, I know at least two new units either 745s or 755s were moved from the MNR to Norwich last week by ROG 37601. 

Hope this helps. 

AIUI there are several marques of Stadler train for GA

The three car and four car dual mode class 755s which replace all the DMU workings and some EMU workings.

Two different versions of the Stadler class 745 EMU.  Some are for replacing the class 379 on the Stansted Airport work, and some for the GEML Liverpool St - Norwich services - replacing the class 90 and Mk3 rakes. I think the 745as are 745/0 and 745/1 burt not such which subclass are for which.    

Not heard that the GA class 156s are going to TfW. Is there a link to that ?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Covkid said:

AIUI there are several marques of Stadler train for GA

The three car and four car dual mode class 755s which replace all the DMU workings and some EMU workings.

Two different versions of the Stadler class 745 EMU.  Some are for replacing the class 379 on the Stansted Airport work, and some for the GEML Liverpool St - Norwich services - replacing the class 90 and Mk3 rakes. I think the 745as are 745/0 and 745/1 burt not such which subclass are for which.    

Not heard that the GA class 156s are going to TfW. Is there a link to that ?

Thank you for posting. I think I saw a comment on Twitter regarding GA 156s going to TFW. Not sure what page or thread it was on though. If I find it I post it. Not sure how true it is, it might not be but from what the post said it sounded like it was. I don't know much about the new 745s or 755s, I just sometimes see photos of them on Flickr. 

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Thank you for posting. I think I saw a comment on Twitter regarding GA 156s going to TFW. Not sure what page or thread it was on though. If I find it I post it. Not sure how true it is, it might not be but from what the post said it sounded like it was. I don't know much about the new 745s or 755s, I just sometimes see photos of them on Flickr. 

I spoke to a GA driver yesterday and the impression I got was that the 2-car Class 170’s were to go to TFW “urgently” and the Class 156’s were to take over their diagrams, especially the Ipswich - Peterborough service.  The 3-car Class 170’s were to follow the 2-cars asap.

The Class 153’s are either Northern bound or to Kilmarnock to be converted for Scotrail.

153s are going to scotrail to bolster their current 153 fleet and form 2car sets with some being converted so they can store bicycles, a bit like the compartments in the GA DVTs. 156s are also moving that way eventually apparently but not 100% sure and theres isnt a timescale yet.

170s are all going to Wales as soon as september/october but as a previous post as said, they want them asap.

Thanks

• Informative/Useful 1

Regarding 156s, I'm given to understand they're heading to a new Abellio franchise for a while. The promise has been made that all single car trains will be finished in the first 6 months.

The plan eventually is for all 15x units to be replaced with 'modern' units on the non-London services

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Siggie in the east said:

5Q99 Ripple lane-Norwich crown point is out today, currently approaching Witham 12mins early.(has now been put in the down loop as I type).

66001 and, as TOPS doesnt have the 745/755 unit numbers on it, I assume 745001in tow.

Will try and get a photo.

Thanks

It was 745001, I'll post a pic later, watching the deer incident on the Brecklands at the moment in case any unusual moves are used.

• Informative/Useful 2