Greater Anglia's Stadler Flirt - Class 745 & 755

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, russ p said:

Could be in for a long day tomorrow,  I'm taking 37402 to york in the morning and bringing the RHTT sets back on Tuesday hope those things aren't failed everywhere 

Hopefully see you on 0Z21 tomorrow am then !

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, russ p said:

Didn't realise timings were out yet, are the return ones out too?

Was hoping to go joint line tomorrow instead of loop skipping,  went joint line on Friday to Doncaster much easier 

6Z21 not in yet.

You're booked ECML with short stops at Stoke Jcn and in Claypole loop

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/R01713/2019/09/02/advanced

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, beast66606 said:

2J60, 2J61 and 1R66

It (the EMR 158 on the Lowestoft train) caused me some confusion as it was docked on top of the 4-car 158 for the 0550 to Liverpool, my train; Thankfully I got on the right set (although a passenger for Liverpool St boarded it too, fortunately I was able to redirect her in time !)

• RMweb Gold

Not sure how the Yarmouths are going but it's not 100% as the short set is out. Only 755410 on the Cambridge circuits but it had changed diagram and stopped at Eccles Road - the first revenue earning 755 to do so,

02 September 2019

Eccles Road

755410 on 2K58, 07:00, Cambridge - Norwich (08:30) - stopper. First 755 in revenue service to stop at Eccles Road

Edit to correct train info

DAS830038.jpg.176b6efbc0d7839fc55a8bdc94473117.jpgDAS830043.jpg.f0f975c9393971f010cab9dfb4263049.jpg

Edited by beast66606
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold

I had my first passenger experience of one of these units from Ely to Norwich on Saturday. Thank goodness the seats are nowhere near as awful as the (s)Hitachi things on GWR, reasonably comfortable in fact to my taste. The only quibble I have is how bright it was in the cabin, way over the top in my opinion bordering on uncomfortable. I wonder if the interior lights are adjustable.

• Informative/Useful 1

9 minutes ago, colin penfold said:

I had my first passenger experience of one of these units from Ely to Norwich on Saturday. Thank goodness the seats are nowhere near as awful as the (s)Hitachi things on GWR, reasonably comfortable in fact to my taste. The only quibble I have is how bright it was in the cabin, way over the top in my opinion bordering on uncomfortable. I wonder if the interior lights are adjustable.

So pleased the interior comfort is decent.

Lighting is one of my bug-bears. Like many short-sighted peple, I'm also light-sensitive. Brightness is almost painful.

Back in the second half of the 20th century, bodies like TfL and predecessors had a policy of using warm, yellow lights in their buildings and on their equipment; the idea was that the warm yellow glow of a distant Routemaster or Underground station would serve as a friendly beacon, welcoming you towards it on a cold, rainy winter's night.

Ideas changed and, doubtless for the most laudable of reasons, suddenly everything had to be ultra-brightly lit, to help partially-sighted people. Swings and roundabouts, I guess. 

Paul

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, beast66606 said:

Not sure how the Yarmouths are going but it's not 100% as the short set is out. Only 755410 on the Cambridge circuits but it had changed diagram and stopped at Eccles Road - the first revenue earning 755 to do so,

02 September 2019

Eccles Road

755410 on 2K58, 07:00, Cambridge - Norwich (08:30) - stopper. First 755 in revenue service to stop at Eccles Road

Edit to correct train info

DAS830038.jpg.176b6efbc0d7839fc55a8bdc94473117.jpgDAS830043.jpg.f0f975c9393971f010cab9dfb4263049.jpg

Excellent photos as always. Just seen a photo to confirm 409 & 424 are back out on the short set today. 

• RMweb Gold

755009 suffered problems while working the 15:40 Norwich to Cambridge on it's first day into service and was terminated short at Ely

Edited by beast66606
Major Typo corrected.
  • Informative/Useful 1

23 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

The short set was out again yesterday with 409 and 424 top and tailing three coaches. So that's three days in a row it has been in use: Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Not sure if it has been out today though. 

I managed a quick stop in Norwich on my way home on Friday and managed to see 558, 409 and 601 loitering, i think there was another but i didnt have much time to explore. Would have loved to have a blast on the short set but i just ran out of time doing holiday stuff in North Norfolk. God it was hot down there!

Cheers

James

20190830_150752.jpg

20190830_150853.jpg

Edited by jessy1692
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, beast66606 said:

37402 was also around but has now gone to York to collect the RHTT sets for the East Anglia leaf busters

Cheers Beast, ill tip my dad off 402 is up here in York, he may get over and see if he can find it tomorrow. Unfortunately im back at work in the morning..

Just to add i managed to have a peek at Crown Point too, amazed to see so many units parked up!

20190830_152331.jpg.3b79c6d0a831a737d35cf63979884dd7.jpg

I probably shouldnt have been stood on someones lawn but i needed a to see over the fence!

Cheers

James

Edited by jessy1692
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, jessy1692 said:

Cheers Beast, ill tip my dad off 402 is up here in York, he may get over and see if he can find it tomorrow. Unfortunately im back at work in the morning..

It'sin the parcels bay until tomorrow morning when it will move and collect the RHTT sets - don't know what time.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, beast66606 said:

It'sin the parcels bay until tomorrow morning when it will move and collect the RHTT sets - don't know what time.

I took it for fuel at york yesterday afternoon then made up the train for today and left it in Klondike sidings overnight 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, russ p said:

I took it for fuel at york yesterday afternoon then made up the train for today and left it in Klondike sidings overnight 

Shows how good the reporting systems are, had you as arriving at the parcels siding !

I was sneakily at a different location today just to trick you, not been there before, its pretty good - I'll post the shot later.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Zomboid said:

745009 would have run into entirely predictable problems if they tried to use it on a Norwich - Cambridge service.

Exactly - it only just got beyond Trowse Jcn, the driver mistakenly thought it was down hill to Ely and was hoping to coast to North Jcn*.

*Actually a simple typo

Edited by beast66606
  • Funny 4

First trial of "F-kin-etik" technology.

"would customers kindly rock backwards and forwards to help the train rejoin the electrified network"

C'mon, model railways have been doing it for years. A bump, knock or nudge of the baseboard negates the rather ugly finger of God to get a stalled train on the move again, right?

C6T. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 3