Greater Anglia's Stadler Flirt - Class 745 & 755

24 minutes ago, great central said:

What should be remembered at the moment is that the Wherry lines are currently closed so rather less units required for service for the next couple of weeks. 

When the lines reopen with all new signalling as well however............

New trains and new signalling - What could possibly go wrong ?

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

13 hours ago, Siggie in the east said:

Damn it, been a while since I was on board a 37. I'm days sun-tues and then nights thurs-sun over the next 8 days. Let me know when you're next rostered on and I'll bring a brew with me. 

Signalmen fraternising with Drivers - What on earth is the railway coming to ?!!!

Actually, I have always believed in the benefits of railway staff gaining knowledge and understanding of other people's roles; As a Controller my eyes were certainly opened on cab rides and visits to Signalling Centres and Signalboxes, for example. Something that should be done more.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

When safety briefs first started in early 90s drivers and signalmen were in same classes which was really useful to both sides.

I have lots of friends who are signalmen and I've never pushed one down the stairs! 

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, beast66606 said:

I know - I'm friends with him on FB and he messaged me :lol:

Well and truly gone, they left in two runs on 2 and 3 December 2019

Thanks for the reply and the info. 

They went quite quickly then compared to the 156s and 170s of which many have been leaving in single runs up until this week. 

It's all change with Greater Anglia. 

My google-fu is poor so forgive me for the daft question, doubly if already answered in thread.

326 (I think, relatively high numbered anyway) whisked me hoom this avo and I had difficulty believing there are 25 other three car Flirts on top of any of the four car variety.

So are both hybrid types numbered in sequence with only the last two digits indicating its position in the fleet list?

401-420 (say) then 321-328 or whatever?

Mainline unit 010 currently running toff class country end BTW.

Ta! C6T. 

• RMweb Premium

745002 has been out on a test run yesterday (10th February). The working was 5Q91 Norwich to Liverpool Street. I believe this was the first test run for this unit. This may indicate that this unit could be the third 745 to enter traffic following 007 and 010 in the past few weeks. 

Hope this is of use. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_755

CLASS    No. Built  Passenger Cars per Set  Unit Numbers

755/3          14                           3                      755325–755338

Hope this helps.

Edited by s182ggu
More info added
  • Informative/Useful 1

You're right, I'm often confused if a numbered list does not start at one.

However, I wasn't hoodwinked into Tony Blair's shizzle that the new millennium started at midnight +1 2000 thankyouverymuch. Not unless your calendar works on a Pol Pot year zero basis Tone! Said I. 

C6T. 

• Like 1

Went out for a first ride on some 745 and 755s on Friday. Missed all the excitement with 424 ... except for the knock on delays. Quick photo of 755412 waiting to leave Ipswich for Beccles.

IMG_8754.JPG

Edited by pauln
  • Like 6

53 minutes ago, pauln said:

Went out for a first ride on some 745 and 755s on Friday. Missed all the excitement with 424 ... except for the knock on delays. Quick photo of 755412 waiting to leave Ipswich for Beccles.

IMG_8754.JPG

Mnuh! If you want excitement Paul, buy a season ticket.

I've got a twelve sided dice for the excusearama AGA fling in my direction. And that's for a six minute journey.

Credit due however, I thought AGA did the best they could last Sunday and Monday's services were more or less as they should be. They've run a worse service without a honking geet storm on the go frankly.

C6T. 

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

AGA did a good emergency job tonight after the signalling went down between Norwich (exc) and Ely, running a couple of all stations, and all signals services to allow people to get home, if late.

Basils 411 and 337 performed the honours for the two I braved the freezing winds to photograph.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

As mentioned above ^ ^

A couple (there were more but I only went for these two) of unusual workings (9Gxx) due to a signalling failure between Ely and Norwich

Eccles Road

11 February 2020

755337 on 9G01, 17:27, Norwich - Ely (19:01)

and

755441 on 9G00, 17:30, Ely - Norwich (19:02)DAS850148.jpg.b991c76c7950dfa87c09be02d254d29c.jpg

DAS850167.jpg.9b8c6d633d8aae44fa544f9236ad765f.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium
On 09/02/2020 at 12:31, caradoc said:

Actually, I have always believed in the benefits of railway staff gaining knowledge and understanding of other people's roles; As a Controller my eyes were certainly opened on cab rides and visits to Signalling Centres and Signalboxes, for example. Something that should be done more.

I have long said that track workers should be given the opportunity to see how they look from a drivers perspective - unfortunately the NR & TOC bosses don’t agree -  instead we get more ‘safety’ paperwork and ‘behavioural safety training’ (from ex military people who have hardly any railway experience).

Our depot is fortunate (or unfortunate if you look at the extra kit to look after) in the area signalling centre so we do get to appreciate the signallers angle a bit more than other places where they are just a voice on the end of the phone.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 11/02/2020 at 18:01, Classsix T said:

However, I wasn't hoodwinked into Tony Blair's shizzle that the new millennium started at midnight +1 2000 thankyouverymuch. Not unless your calendar works on a Pol Pot year zero basis Tone! Said I. 

C6T. 

:offtopic: As the rivet counters will tell you, the new millenium didn't start until 01Jan 2001.  In a similar vein, we didn't start a new decade recently, that starts 01Jan 2021.

(Anyone confused by this?  There was no year zero). 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, Metr0Land said:

:offtopic: As the rivet counters will tell you, the new millenium didn't start until 01Jan 2001.  In a similar vein, we didn't start a new decade recently, that starts 01Jan 2021.

(Anyone confused by this?  There was no year zero). 

More:offtopic: 

Only because the Romans numerical system had no way of recording zero! 

Each day between 1 and 365 still fell into year zero, day 366 being the first day of year one....

....There was also technically a day zero - it doesn’t become day one until 24 hours have elapsed...

... and an hour zero...

... etc...

The concept of zero as a valid number is one of the many concepts invented by Islamic scholars that have proved very useful today (particularly with the invention of computing) and rather disprove notions that said religion is entirely ‘backward’ as it were. 

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Siggie in the east said:

Back to Basils......

One has decided to sit down at Cromer and refuse to move. 1Z99 from Colchester has been dispatched in a hurry and cloud of black smoke, as the ROG37 at crown point has failed also. Not sure on unit number and headcode of the Sheringham Basil.

Thanks

It's recovered and gone to Norwich as 5 P00  :lol:

1Z99 has recessed in the low level sidings at Norwich.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, phil-b259 said:

More:offtopic: 

Only because the Romans numerical system had no way of recording zero! 

Each day between 1 and 365 still fell into year zero, day 366 being the first day of year one....

....There was also technically a day zero - it doesn’t become day one until 24 hours have elapsed...

... and an hour zero...

... etc...

The concept of zero as a valid number is one of the many concepts invented by Islamic scholars that have proved very useful today (particularly with the invention of computing) and rather disprove notions that said religion is entirely ‘backward’ as it were. 

All slightly pointless really, as we are measuring time from the birth of someone whose birth date we don't really know!

And in year 0, years had 355 (?) days. A year didn't become 365 days until well after the Romans. So it's all rather arbitrary really, but hey, who cares, it's an excuse for a party.

• Like 1