Greater Anglia's Stadler Flirt - Class 745 & 755

On 19/03/2020 at 12:46, cheesysmith said:

More like the problems with the engines is either restricted airflow around the engine due to the smaller loading gauge, or as we found out at work, the modern German engines are poor, build down to a price, and it shows with anything and everything going wrong, upto a rather impressive leg out of bed and another that blew its engine whilst coming back from having anew one fitted. 

They would have been better sticking a cummins in them lol. 

Stick some Perkins 640 V8's in 'em. Then they'll sound good and last forever.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Siggie in the east said:

Sorry, it was 37611, 800 is at manningtree. I'm on Norwich this afternoon @russ p, are you on 0Z38?

You spoke to my mate Chris,  I took it up and he brought it back

I'm not back until Wednesday morning now 

• Thanks 1

Class 745 105 thunders through Colchester bound for Ingatestone on Sunday 15th March 2020,

Norwich station, Class 90 003 and Class 745 002. Could well have been my last journey on a class 90 on that weekend :(Sunday 15th March 2020,

In all it's charm, Gunton station. With Class 775 335 working the Sheringham to Norwich service, Sunday 15th March. 

Greater Anglia 745 105.jpg

DSC03883.JPG

DSC03877.JPG

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Last GA 90 moves are from Harwich - Norwich for decommissioning of the stock, I think one ran this morning as 5P08, Harwich - Norwich, that leaves 1 set left to move and then ...

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
23 hours ago, cravensdmufan said:

For a newspaper, a well written article with a very nice selection of photos I thought.  

Thanks for posting the link.

From the same paper:

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/network-rail-appeals-to-signallers-1-6586706

Edited by ruggedpeak
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, ruggedpeak said:

Another good informative article written by again Mr Geater supported by relevant photographs (liked the one woth the new colour light in front of the semaphore).

How refreshing to see accurate reporting of railway matters in a newspaper.  All too often press reports are quite general and supported by wrong imagery - sometimes not even the type of train they are talking about!

Maybe Mr Geater is interested in railways - maybe he's a member on here?!

Anyway, fair play to the East Anglian Daily Times for keeping the public accurately informed about their local railway.

• RMweb Premium

Presumably the photo used was taken during testing/commissioning and hopefully NR didn't leave the colourlight or semaphore in that state. One or other should have a cross on it.

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, iands said:

Presumably the photo used was taken during testing/commissioning and hopefully NR didn't leave the colourlight or semaphore in that state. One or other should have a cross on it.

Lots of new ballast about and chaps in orange overalls so I would assume it was during commissioning time - albeit doing the job in a strange order

• RMweb Gold
52 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Lots of new ballast about and chaps in orange overalls so I would assume it was during commissioning time - albeit doing the job in a strange order

Yes, during commissioning. The semaphores were preserved so they were not felled immediately but craned away a day or so later.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

In case anyone is interested, Roger Fords TIN watch for period 11 has the 745 entering the table a little below the middle. The Moving Annual TIN is 7,291 miles which is just above 345 RLU, i.e. Sheffield to Liverpool Street and about 1,300 miles behind TPE 802.

The 355s have been split into 355/4 at 2,662 miles and 755/3 at 1,855. These compares with 3698 for the two fleets combined in period 10.

Average mileage run per unit for 745 is 7,291, for 755/4 10,221 and 755/3 5,779. Putting this into perspective the long haul 80x generally seem to do 15,000 to 17,000. The well established class 700 average 11,646. The bottom of the league ex-LT  230 manage MATIN of 777 miles and ran 4,417 miles in the period.

• Informative/Useful 4

A little something different for the region today. 0Z55 Bristol to Crown Point. 60055 DCR. En route to collect a rake of mk3s for scrapping. Returning on the GEML tomorro. I know it's not a Stadler but it is contributing to the demise of the mk3s which stadler are replacing....... that or just something to put a smile on everyone's face during lockdown. :)

Take care all.

20200407_142323.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Siggie in the east said:

And here's the non fancy shot.

Thanks

20200407_143725.jpg

Bit of a bland livery , I thought this lot had wound up but obviously not