Greater Anglia's Stadler Flirt - Class 745 & 755

37402 was the loco I spoke to. Had a giggle with the driver because GA had dumped units bloody everywhere in the Low Level and he had to shunt the locos onto another road so as not to block them in. GA treat the low level like kids treat a playroom....toys everywhere and never tidy up after themselves ;)

Thanks

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Siggie in the east said:

37402 was the loco I spoke to. Had a giggle with the driver because GA had dumped units bloody everywhere in the Low Level and he had to shunt the locos onto another road so as not to block them in. GA treat the low level like kids treat a playroom....toys everywhere and never tidy up after themselves ;)

Thanks

This made me laugh. DRS are loving having 402 at Norwich recently. Their was ten ex GA MK3s in this consist today and no DVTs. 

A friend told me this week that the ex GA 90s were due to move to Crewe to join FL this week. I'm not sure if any of the moves have happened though or will happen. I understand these moves have been due to happen over the past two weeks but they didn't materialise. 

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

This made me laugh. DRS are loving having 402 at Norwich recently. Their was ten ex GA MK3s in this consist today and no DVTs. 

A friend told me this week that the ex GA 90s were due to move to Crewe to join FL this week. I'm not sure if any of the moves have happened though or will happen. I understand these moves have been due to happen over the past two weeks but they didn't materialise. 

Tomorrow and Thursday - realtime trains is your friend ;)

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, beast66606 said:

Unfortunately not me this week on sick with gout and can't even walk

GA have recently taken a big interest in the low level for some reason even though it's not theirs 

Station staff have been insisting anyone working in there takes a block but its nothing to do with them .

I had a right ding the other week where a GA station manager had got a MOM involved! 

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

4 minutes ago, russ p said:

Unfortunately not me this week on sick with gout and can't even walk

GA have recently taken a big interest in the low level for some reason even though it's not theirs 

Station staff have been insisting anyone working in there takes a block but its nothing to do with them .

I had a right ding the other week where a GA station manager had got a MOM involved! 

Get well soon Russ. I broke my ankle 2 weeks ago but I'm still in,

hobbling around in my moon boot pushing buttons and (swearing at) answering phones :)

The supervisors there are very hit and miss, majority being miss, and they have no authority to grant or demand blocks of other companies or staff, that's our requirement and they cant enforce it. Out of curiosity what did the MOM say? As he is NWR he should have answered the debate correctly.

thanks 

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Siggie in the east said:

Get well soon Russ. I broke my ankle 2 weeks ago but I'm still in,

hobbling around in my moon boot pushing buttons and (swearing at) answering phones :)

The supervisors there are very hit and miss, majority being miss, and they have no authority to grant or demand blocks of other companies or staff, that's our requirement and they cant enforce it. Out of curiosity what did the MOM say? As he is NWR he should have answered the debate correctly.

thanks 

Hope you get sorted soon too mate

The MOM agreed with me that it was nothing to do with them.

It started because they wouldn't let the fitters work on the ploughs,  I said its nothing to do with GA other than parking for the van and pointed out there were two tempers been serviced and this was where the idiot said they had no authority to be serviced so got the MOM 

Shawn and kev are good lads there others can be ok but some are terrible 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, beast66606 said:

Thank you for confirming. I hadn't thought of searching RTT. I live in Yorkshire so I won't see them anyway in person but I will be sure to look out for photos and videos of them on transfer to FL. I am quite sad about the 90s leaving GA but I am excited for their future with LSL and FL. 

I understand 90014 is at Crewe Electric and 90001 & 90002 are at Eastleigh Arlington Works for repaints, so I wonder if the two moves to Basford Hall will see all twelve remaining 90s move to FL. If so it certainly would be an impressive convoy/loco move. I read the original plan was for three or potentially four light engine moves, so the plans must have changed. 

It will certainly be interesting and make for good sight if both convoys have six 90s in each. That would be something we haven't seen for years. I can't remember any recent occasions in the past few years where that many 90s have moved together. 

Get well soon Russ and Siggie. 

Stay safe everyone. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Thanks 1

Saw a 317 on I suspect a Walton - Colchester service, so does this mean that 360s are being moved out already in advance of the 720s coming in to service?

Looks like I might have to get in quick for a last gasp to experience first class travel in spacious 2+2 seating!

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Thank you for confirming. I hadn't thought of searching RTT. I live in Yorkshire so I won't see them anyway in person but I will be sure to look out for photos and videos of them on transfer to FL. I am quite sad about the 90s leaving GA but I am excited for their future with LSL and FL. 

I understand 90014 is at Crewe Electric and 90001 & 90002 are at Eastleigh Arlington Works for repaints, so I wonder if the two moves to Basford Hall will see all twelve remaining 90s move to FL. If so it certainly would be an impressive convoy/loco move. I read the original plan was for three or potentially four light engine moves, so the plans must have changed. 

It will certainly be interesting and make for good sight if both convoys have six 90s in each. That would be something we haven't seen for years. I can't remember any recent occasions in the past few years where that many 90s have moved together. 

Get well soon Russ and Siggie. 

Stay safe everyone. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

This mornings 90 move is caped, now in the system for tomorrow and Friday. There will be 5 x 90s per move and a further move next week at some stage - at least that's the current plan. !

001 and 2 have gone to Eastleigh, presumably to be "Tangoed."

Hopefully the move next week will be after some outside activity is permitted so people can get out and see the move.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, rodent279 said:

So are Basil's behaving nicely now? I haven't seen many reports of them sitting down recently.

They are a lot better than they were, but still have occasional sulks as people can't get out the drags aren't reported to the previous level but the Basils are generally pretty good these days.

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, beast66606 said:

This mornings 90 move is caped, now in the system for tomorrow and Friday. There will be 5 x 90s per move and a further move next week at some stage - at least that's the current plan. !

Hopefully the move next week will be after some outside activity is permitted so people can get out and see the move.

I think 1 and 2 will be intercity Dave,  not sure if they will both be the same though 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, russ p said:

I think 1 and 2 will be intercity Dave,  not sure if they will both be the same though 

Good point - my brain, such as it is, was thinking Freightliner but they are of course LSL - looking forward to seeing these two out and about.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, beast66606 said:

Thanks for the update and the info. I would have been trawling the internet trying to find photos and videos otherwise haha. 

It's good to hear that the moves are still planned to happen soon. Wow x5 90s in two moves will be something very special and spectacular to see. On a personal note I can't ever recall such a move with that number of 90s in one consist, it sure will look impressive. 

WNXX reported yesterday that 90014 has now moved over to Basford Hall from Crewe Electric. So as of yesterday or possibly Tuesday FL have officially acquired their first ex GA 90. 

I have heard that all x13 going to FL will undergo some modifications and a repaint before been released into traffic. I also heard that they will spend the remainder of May and June out of service with FL, with plans in place to introduce at least some onto FL services in July. 

It will be interesting to see if all x13 are repainted into Orange before entry to traffic with FL or if some of them will run around in ex GA white and grey for some time, alike some of the ex DRS 66s that have only just last year been repainted after eight years in traffic with FL. 

90002 was rubbed down at Eastleigh Arlington last week in preparation for repainting. The rubbing down of 90001 I believe started a few days later, so 90002 should be the first of the LSL pair to emerge in it's new coat of paint. 

Yes, hopefully some of the restrictions will be eased before the third and final 90 move next week, at least that way some people may get to see 1/3 moves. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• RMweb Gold

The last Stadler, 745110,  unit was delivered to Crown Point this morning by 66001.

<off topic>

First batch of 3 x 90s left this morning, running 60 late 90010/03/11

<off topic 2>

66720 stabled in Norwich yard overnight after working up to Walsham yesterday, normally returns to Ipswich but was terminated short at Norwich for reasons unknown, working up to Walsham this morning to take the tanks back to Harwich.

Edited by beast66606

The 755 looks so much better. Better resolved front-end design.

I've been disappointed in their troubles during introduction because they are one of those classes that to me just "looks right". If it looks right it should go right too.

It might be a trick of the angle, but the floor looks much lower, so it looks less top heavy. 

• Agree 1

On 07/05/2020 at 10:22, beast66606 said:

The last Stadler, 745110,  unit was delivered to Crown Point this morning by 66001.

<off topic>

First batch of 3 x 90s left this morning, running 60 late 90010/03/11

<off topic 2>

66720 stabled in Norwich yard overnight after working up to Walsham yesterday, normally returns to Ipswich but was terminated short at Norwich for reasons unknown, working up to Walsham this morning to take the tanks back to Harwich.

Was stabled in Norwich as there was no space in the yard at Ipswich without blocking it in with 86's. When its stabled after a Walsham turn, GB can use it as a rescue loco for their own trains but cant rescue anything if its blocked in by freightliner. 

Thanks

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Siggie in the east said:

We have a failure!! 

745002 has thrown its toys out the pram in Goodmayes, 1Z99 on it's way already. Dont know the loco number yet but once it comes past the window I'll update.

Loco is 47812.

Thanks

Looks to have had words with itself and is running as 5P04, Shenfield - Norwich. 1Z99 gone onto the perch I think, lost track of it as I had to sort the Mrs' works laptop out which had thrown a Basil.

• Funny 2

17 minutes ago, beast66606 said:

Looks to have had words with itself and is running as 5P04, Shenfield - Norwich. 1Z99 gone onto the perch I think, lost track of it as I had to sort the Mrs' works laptop out which had thrown a Basil.

Yep pretty much. On board Fitter bodged it enough to get it to Shenfield, de-trained and non stop back to norwich. I put 1Z99 into Manningtree Refuge siding just before my break. Poor has to triple shunt to get into that siding as theres no interlocking from the up main @CO268 to the siding. madness.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Great Moulton

21/05/2020 (Thursday)

720511 on 5Q02, 10:06, London Liverpool Street - Norwich T.C. (12:34)

and returning as

5Q07, 14:19, Norwich T.C. - London Liverpool Street (16:26)

DAS854933.jpg.d01a08648c0de69839ff4aad4c537b36.jpg

DAS854963.jpg.e4dca4217924def515a19321bfa35d9a.jpg

• Like 6