Greater Anglia's Stadler Flirt - Class 745 & 755

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, beast66606 said:

So yesterday - Sunday - was a fun Basil day

Thanks for the regular updates and photos.  It's appreciated, as I don't live in the area.

I get the impression that, albeit from a very low point, the reliability of the 745s & 755s has improved in recent weeks, but not by much.

Is that the general perception 'on the ground' there, or have I got it wrong.  Happy to be corrected here.  I'm just trying to understand what the current position is.  

2 hours ago, beast66606 said:

Tell you what - why dont I stop posting, there you go, problem solved.

I've removed my recent posts, I won't be posting again, nit pickers who don't add anything and some of the political comment which is permitted these days on the forum means I'm just about ready to leave here.

NNOooooo you're the biggest contributor to this thread. Youre our unofficial photographer! Hahaha

You add the pictures and info to the tip offs I provide! (When I'm on shift anyway!) ;)

Just ignore it, best not to let it get to you.....

Take care

• Like 6
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
On 07/06/2020 at 09:59, 31A said:

Why was it going to Shepreth?  I didn't know they worked on that line?

On 07/06/2020 at 10:01, 31A said:

Oh Shepreth Branch Junction, not the station.

3 hours ago, 31A said:

Why not give the place its proper name:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/52087249@N07/9099617555/

Next time perhaps one post along the lines of "Just for info it is technically called 'Shepreth Whatever Junction' as per the attached photo"?

Saves clogging up the board with irrelevant posts and saves you time too.

And we still get the useful, constructive and interesting input of people on the ground keeping us up to date with the entertaining saga that is AGA's new trains. Everyone wins. :D

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, beast66606 said:

Tell you what - why dont I stop posting, there you go, problem solved.

I've removed my recent posts, I won't be posting again, nit pickers who don't add anything and some of the political comment which is permitted these days on the forum means I'm just about ready to leave here.

I hope that you can be persuaded to change your mind please.

There are many people who have very much enjoyed your pictures and posts which I am sure considerably outweigh any negative comments.

• Like 2
  • Agree 14
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I must admit that I had assumed it was not Shepreth itself (the junction name is of course an historical accident caused by different companies approaching each other from Hitchin and Cambridge). but I had wondered if it was south of the junction, which would affect only GE services, or north, which would screw up GN services as well. So thanks for confirming Trumpington. Not a good place to fail.

And thanks for your regular and very informative posts.

Jonathan

• Friendly/supportive 1

Morning all. We have today a little gem consisting of possibly the last remaining DVT - 82107 - leaving the mid norfolk, now, heading for Leicester as 5Q59 via Crown point and the GE, due through 13:42, ips 14:06 and colchester @ 14:25 this afternoon. 37611 is at the helm. Pictures if I can. Also hoping to do a run round in Trowse Lopp if he doesnt require crown point.

Thanks

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, beast66606 said:

Great Moulton
15/06/2020 (Monday)
37611, Pegasus, and 82107 on 5Q59, 10:44, Mid Norfolk Railway Siding - Leicester L.I.P. (19:15) - last DVT to leave GA

DAS856398.jpg.8a39fc3e76ad219d6ad78a5f9985af50.jpg

The headboard "Rail Operations Group" looks from the angle of the photo as if it could be close to being out of gauge. I do hope it wasn't and that it arrived safely at the end of the journey.

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, ruggedpeak said:

As an aside Booth's have been busy :cray_mini2:

http://www.wnxx.com/20/2006/300620/CFB290620.htm

What a waste,  I know there is no immediate work for them but absolutely nothing wrong with them 

I would think there are now more mk2s available for hire than mk3s should any company need them in the event of  a major fleet failure or something. 

And I know about doors etc to do with disability laws but derigation can be sort it times of dire need 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Apologies if mentioned earlier and I have missed it, but the Mid Norfolk have purchased 18 Mark 3s, mainly for their Polar Express services. There are 3 DVTs there as well. So at least some of these carriages are staying in Norfolk.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, russ p said:

What a waste,  I know there is no immediate work for them but absolutely nothing wrong with them 

I would think there are now more mk2s available for hire than mk3s should any company need them in the event of  a major fleet failure or something. 

And I know about doors etc to do with disability laws but derigation can be sort it times of dire need 

Big problem is storage space, Ely looks like it's been cleared of mk3s now, a line of power cars left and two lines of EMUs (313, don't know my unit types very well?). That's at the front anyway, no idea what's round the back.

Worksop yard one side is full of new part finished (in many cases) units while the other side is mostly mk4s and DVTs along with 47715 which presumably is used to run the air con and systems occasionally. I'm guessing that the rows of HTAs which used to fill those sidings have either moved elsewhere or gone for scrap.

Crown Point always seems to be full of new units whenever I pass by, I'd have expected most of them to be in use by now.

One thing that irks is the fact that most of the mk3s going for scrap seem to have been debranded properly and cleaned before their final trip, unlike the 156s passed over to EMR.

This one was typical of the 'standard', not the worst by any means, with most in dire need of heavy exams and a thorough cleaning inside as well as out, but they were pressed straight into service, passengers were less than impressed.

But it seems they don't clean their new units much either

IMG_20200120_124922723.jpg.d96c127fa72c69acb298256ddca32469.jpg

• Like 4

As we seem to be coming out of lockdown, there is the possibility of train travel again, which raises the question of the reliability of the Flirts. Are they any better than when 5630 asked the question nearly a month ago?  The reason I ask is purely selfish. I'm a member of the MRC and I hope that sometime  in the not too distant future Keen House will re-open. Normally, I catch the 23.30 home to Ipswich from Liverpool Street. What happens if its cancelled due to a faulty Flirt? I know the train companies prioritise the last service of the day for obvious reasons, but if there is a sudden failure .... I could go for an earlier train just in case, but that would mean less time in the bar!

David C

• Like 1

3 hours ago, David C said:

As we seem to be coming out of lockdown, there is the possibility of train travel again, which raises the question of the reliability of the Flirts. Are they any better than when 5630 asked the question nearly a month ago?  The reason I ask is purely selfish. I'm a member of the MRC and I hope that sometime  in the not too distant future Keen House will re-open. Normally, I catch the 23.30 home to Ipswich from Liverpool Street. What happens if its cancelled due to a faulty Flirt? I know the train companies prioritise the last service of the day for obvious reasons, but if there is a sudden failure .... I could go for an earlier train just in case, but that would mean less time in the bar!

David C

If you have a ticket the train company is duty bound to get you to your destination in a reasonable time if a train is cancelled or delayed. That should mean by replacement road transport, either a bus or taxi. 

Alternatively if road transport is unviable they should provide you with overnight accommodation, although that may depend on circumstances, for example, if there was a severe weather warning out with a not to travel proviso they may decline help if you'd ignored the advice.

Anyway the rest could have done the flirts some good, there's certainly enough of them at crown point.

• Like 1

Thanks for the response. 

I hope the flirts come out of lockdown feeling refreshed and raring to carry me to and from from Liverpool Street  at some time in the near future ..... On the other hand, they may be a bit tired by 23.30. Its probably past their bedtime.

Regards

David C

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 10/06/2020 at 03:58, Siggie in the east said:

In the absence of @beast666065Q42 745104 stanstead Express test train, Liv St - Crown Point with 3 755s in the background forming the 5T01, 5D66 and 2E82.

Thanks 

20200610_035204.jpg

Interesting to see a light under the cab steps, presumably to make driver disembarkation safer away from platforms? Do any other new units have these too?

• Like 1