Greater Anglia's Stadler Flirt - Class 745 & 755

• RMweb Premium

For anyone interested their have been some new developments today regarding 37s in Anglia. 

407, 419 & 716 have worked 0Z37 Norwich to Willesden for forwarding to Gresty Bridge. The short set has been back out today in use with 409 confirmed at one end and either 402 or 424 at the other end. 

Hope this helps anyone wanting to see the 37s. 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

For anyone interested their have been some new developments today regarding 37s in Anglia. 

407, 419 & 716 have worked 0Z37 Norwich to Willesden for forwarding to Gresty Bridge. The short set has been back out today in use with 409 confirmed at one end and either 402 or 424 at the other end. 

Hope this helps anyone wanting to see the 37s. 

37407, 419 and 716 could be sent back to Gresty Bridge for exams and possibly fuel.

• RMweb Gold

170270 and 170207 have both been debranded and are on Crown Point (thanks to Mike W on Facebook) - presumably awaiting a move to Cardiff - these are the first Flirt casualties although I'm not sure GA can really spare them, I guess the agreement dictates they must.

Edit : Saturday is rumoured to be the day they move.

Edited by beast66606
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, beast66606 said:

170270 and 170207 have both been debranded and are on Crown Point (thanks to Mike W on Facebook) - presumably awaiting a move to Cardiff - these are the first Flirt casualties although I'm not sure GA can really spare them, I guess the agreement dictates they must.

Edit : Saturday is rumoured to be the day they move.

Thanks for posting this info. I had no idea that this had happened and that GA were to release units to TFW so soon. I thought it would be sometime in the next few weeks but not this week, especially considering that only two of the 745s have been in use (to my knowledge). 

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Thanks for posting this info. I had no idea that this had happened and that GA were to release units to TFW so soon. I thought it would be sometime in the next few weeks but not this week, especially considering that only two of the 745s have been in use (to my knowledge). 

418 and 410 are the only ones in service but others are expected to be in service very soon.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
36 minutes ago, beast66606 said:

418 and 410 are the only ones in service but others are expected to be in service very soon.

33 minutes ago, beast66606 said:

Short set has also been in action this morning

Thanks for the info. So it appears that things are stepping up a notch if more new units are to be introduced. Although the Mid Norfolk Railway and Crown Point must be packed with existing and new stock so I bet the drivers and fitters at Crown Point will appreciate the space after the first two 170s go to TFW. Something that will be interesting is how soon they will be in service with TFW. Do they need PRM mods and a repaint first or will they be allowed into traffic prior to this? Good to hear that the short set has been out for the second day in a row. I have just read on a well known news website that the short set contract has been extended into September, so it looks as though the short set will be in use for another few weeks. Do you know what is tailing 409 on the short set today? If it's 402 as opposed to 424 this will be a rare occurrence as for the past few years 402 has been one of the Cumbrian Coast allocated 37s as has 409. Whereas 424 has spent a fairly even amount of time in the north and down south on both duties. 

• RMweb Premium
50 minutes ago, beast66606 said:

Mid Norfolk is more or less full, units may be stored at Harwich for a time.

Yes, the short set is into September - at the moment !

424 is on it I'm afraid.

Thought it was near maximum capacity. There are quite a few new units their now. I see three more have arrived this morning behind DB 66001. 

Hopefully the short set will see further use until more of the new units are put into service. 

Not to worry. I suspect 402 is at Norwich for the MK3, DVT & 90 moves alike what it has worked over the past couple of weeks. 

Any ideas when we'll start to see the 745's in service? 

Is it a case of the 745s will start to go into service as soon as they're sufficiently proven in testing, or is the training and preparation for service being done 755s first, then 745s when they're all done?

Oops, obviously manufactured out of county and not sodding proofed!

Stow station has form for this however, a plaque at the entrance not only getting the architect's name wrong but proclaiming its opening in 1946 ffs...

_20190829_164947.JPG.516f38b83cdcfdd27b9d73240ea02123.JPG

C6T. 

Edited by Classsix T
Spelink nd gramer earors, which given the point of the post, made me look a bit of a div.
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 minutes ago, Classsix T said:

Stow station has form for this however, a plaque at the entrance not only getting the architect's name wrong but proclaiming it's opening in 1945 ffs...

_20190829_164947.JPG.516f38b83cdcfdd27b9d73240ea02123.JPG

C6T. 

What a fall from grace for England's patron saint Iuntil he was usurped by the Turk, St George). Sad.

Paul

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Classsix T said:

Stow station has form for this however, a plaque at the entrance not only getting the architect's name wrong but proclaiming its opening in 1946 ffs...

C6T. 

Which makes me wonder if your initials are PW ?

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Classsix T said:

Sorry Skip, it's been a rough week, I'm missing that one? 

C6T. 

Similar photo posted on a Facebook group, wondered if that was your alter ego.

3 minutes ago, beast66606 said:

Similar photo posted on a Facebook group, wondered if that was your alter ego.

Christ no Dave. If you don't see it on here (or may well as be abandoned Blogger site) it ain't me. I don't do social meedja.

C6T. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, cheesysmith said:

Can anybody show the bogies between the two coaches and the difference to the single version?

I think they are all the same , but I pay as much attention to these things as the handle on our fridge...........

Does anyone know if the freezer compartment handle is the same as the refinement compartment on a beko? It was two pipe air brake but is now westcode:)

• Like 2