Greater Anglia's Stadler Flirt - Class 745 & 755

10 hours ago, russ p said:

Bit of a bland livery , I thought this lot had wound up but obviously not

Last time i saw a DC loco round these parts, it was 2014 and a pair of green 56's with red DCR branding doing a ballast drop in Clacton station, not sure if this variation is an improvement or not though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Siggie in the east said:

Last time i saw a DC loco round these parts, it was 2014 and a pair of green 56's with red DCR branding doing a ballast drop in Clacton station, not sure if this variation is an improvement or not though.

Totally different company now. Devon & Cornwall Railways green under BARS (owned by the Yanks at Iowa Pacific Holdings) changed to DC Rail grey after the chaos in the BARS group and reshuffles with RMS Locotec and eventual sale of the business and a few locos to Cappagh Group. Under Cappagh Group, DC Rail has brought the class 60 into service and taken on lease new rakes of JNA box wagons

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Siggie in the east said:

5Z56 60055 and 8 mk3s crown point to eastleigh TMD.

Apologies for the photo quality, difficult to catch at 65mph :)

Thanks

Couldn't you have given it a few restrictive aspects to slow it down? :unsure::rolleyes:  (in case you don't know it the standard excuse for being tardy in clearing signals etc was 'Signalman in toilet', presumably nowadays it would be due to 'a terrible pain in the diodes down my right side').

The ultimate which I found one of my Signalmen doing one day was getting a couple of locos carefully posed in the Down side sidings outside the 'box to make sure his photo came out with a nice composition.  The fact that one of the locos should have been crossed to the Up sidings made no difference as far as he was concerned

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Siggie in the east said:

5Z56 60055 and 8 mk3s crown point to eastleigh TMD.

Apologies for the photo quality, difficult to catch at 65mph :)

Thanks

20200408_112355.jpg

Strange choice of loco for an ECS move 

• RMweb Gold
On 08/04/2020 at 13:41, Classsix T said:

Shouldn't have been doing 65 anyway, unless the max permitted of Tugs has been raised...

C6T. 

Sir,  

In reference to your memorandum of recent date I regret having to report encountering a very strong tail wind when approaching Colchester with the above train.  Although I closed the controller the train continued to accelerate and as the Driver in charge of the train I considered it imprudent to make an application of the brake in such circumstances.

Your obdt Servant ...

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 10

• 2 weeks later...

The TIN Watch for period 12 in Uncle Roger's column has the 745 as MTIN as 6,096 miles Moving Annual Average per TIN 6,438 miles. For 755/4 the figures are 3,132 and 2,662. For 755/3  the figures are 2,882 and 2,308. He also includes a comparison with Period 6 which shows the 755/4 as the MTIN improving by 1,352 miles and 755/3 by 998 miles. By contrast the Scot Rail 385 change was 11,741 miles but this is an EMU. Including the 385, the average improvement for all 17 classes listed is 1671 but excluding the 385s, average is 981 miles. Two classes, both EMUs, have gone backwards, 345 (full length units) by 1,190 and 331/1 by 105. The complex 755 bimodes have not done badly me thinks. Bu a very long way to go before either 745 or 755 can be considered reliable.

The positions on the table is roughly as last month.

Hope this is of interest.

Edited by SBB Crocodile
Correction
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold

The 720 (509 ?)  has failed at Hatfield Peverel on the down while working 5Q04, Liv St - Colchester Town test, 1Z99 en route from Manningtree to drag Basil out of the way - the SimBids is being used to by pass the naughty boy.

An unusual sight of a 745 overtaking a 720 possible at HP

Clipboard01.jpg.929dd97e6fb8a439febc6dca58135c0e.jpg

Update at 14:30 - finally moved into Witham down loop (just off the screen shot to the right).

Edited by beast66606
Update at 14:30
  • Informative/Useful 5

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, SBB Crocodile said:

Ìs a 720 a Basil? Or are all Stadlers Basils? And all Bombardier 720s something else...?

Anything new is a Basil - to me - until a new name is forthcoming.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Siggie in the east said:

Had 0Z51, 37416 I think, return to Norwich tonight from Long Marston. Was that a GA related trip with more stock being removed from Crown Point?

Thanks

37059 & 37402 worked 5Z50 from the Mid Norfolk Railway to Long Marston today with a rake of ex GA MK3 stock for further storage. I assume this was then the pair that went on to work 0Z50 back to Norwich Crown Point. 

Hope this helps. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

37059 & 37402 worked 5Z50 from the Mid Norfolk Railway to Long Marston today with a rake of ex GA MK3 stock for further storage. I assume this was then the pair that went on to work 0Z50 back to Norwich Crown Point. 

Hope this helps. 

0Z51 back to Norwich Crown Point even. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Thanks 1