Trying hard to see Ruston and me on the verandas of the 'mixed passenger' brake vans :locomotive:

A good day out - even though I managed to leave my wallet at home!  Thankfully Ruston is a generous lad and subbed me during the day or I would have starved (and missed some bargain books in the museum and bric-a-brac stalls).  I will sort it out with you mate - honest!

Photos were taken and might appear soon when I've had a chance to 'manipulate' them.

Lovely piccies.

Sad to hear that the big RSH 0-6-0 is apparently going up for sale.  That is a real "local" engine - in the sense that Hams Hall is not that far away and fits into the Chasewater Railway really well. Maybe the new owner will keep it there.  

Lovely piccies.

Sad to hear that the big RSH 0-6-0 is apparently going up for sale.  That is a real "local" engine - in the sense that Hams Hall is not that far away and fits into the Chasewater Railway really well. Maybe the new owner will keep it there.  

Where did you hear that, because it definitely is not up for sale. It's in the restoration queue but it's behind Hollybank and the S100, it's going nowhere at present.

Trying hard to see Ruston and me on the verandas of the 'mixed passenger' brake vans :locomotive:

A good day out - even though I managed to leave my wallet at home!  Thankfully Ruston is a generous lad and subbed me during the day or I would have starved (and missed some bargain books in the museum and bric-a-brac stalls).  I will sort it out with you mate - honest!

Photos were taken and might appear soon when I've had a chance to 'manipulate' them.

Which day were you there and which train did you do the mixed on? I'll have a look and see if I have a better shot. The one above was the last mixed of the day on Monday.

Which day were you there and which train did you do the mixed on? I'll have a look and see if I have a better shot. The one above was the last mixed of the day on Monday.

We were there Saturday from around 9.30 till closing time.  A long day but worth it!

Where did you hear that, because it definitely is not up for sale. It's in the restoration queue but it's behind Hollybank and the S100, it's going nowhere at present.

Perhaps your news is more accurate than mine, but I heard the owner wanted to rationalise - too many projects on the go, and wants to see S100 finished