Kernow Wagon - IZA Cargowagon Twin Van

rembrow

On 02/06/2018 at 16:02, Fat Controller said:

Whilst these are normally thought of as working in block trains, Hexham, in the1980s, used to see a couple of pairs working from Austria with chipboard for Egger. They'd be mixed in with resin tanks and OTAs.

Are there any photos of this train? It sounds like the excuse I need to buy one of these.

Couldn't find any on Irish Swiss Ernie's site, though there were some VTG bogie ones. The trains could be very mixed, with bogie and four-wheel resin tanks, timber wagons, vans with semi-finished board, other vans with sugar-beet. The photo I remember is one of my own, with a 31 moving two pairs of IZA

https://www.flickr.com/photos/irishswissernie/albums/72157667452889327 is the album of Hexham shots.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 13/06/2020 at 12:37, Growling said:

Hi All,

Does anyone have any insight as to when these might be due?

I am contemplating whether to put in an order or not.

Thanks,

Rich.

Yeah would be nice to get some sort of estimate of how much longer I'm going to wait for my £340 up front in Aug 2018!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The production samples have been approved and we are awaiting the final confirmation of the shipping date (which as we are sure you aware has been made more complex due to Covid) as soon as we have details we will advise further.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Delivery update:

Production has been completed and they are now being shipped to us. They are expected to arrive with us at the end of January 2021.

Full details about the IZA Cargowaggon Twin Vans, and the variations being produced can be found on their dedicated web page here http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/pg/162/IZA-Cargowaggon 

Pre order and pre-pay now to take advantage of the advance special offer prices and avoid the  disappointment of missing out should they sell out. 

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
On 23/01/2021 at 20:19, richscylla said:

Does anyone know if they ran in South Wales in the mid 90s? Thinking maybe on Enterprise workings getting marshalled at ADJ? 

There are photos of IZAs at Swansea Burrows on Paul’s site.

Hope that this helps.

On 25/01/2021 at 12:06, mevaman1 said:

There are photos of IZAs at Swansea Burrows on Paul’s site.

Hope that this helps.

23 hours ago, hmrspaul said:

Thanks both. Still ideally trying to find pictures or videos of them in service. They look amazing, but I try to keep things as prototypical as possible. £100 for a wagon that didn't run is a bit steep

18 hours ago, njee20 said:

Not being funny, but how do you think they got to Swansea? They weren’t helicoptered in. 

Haha - there are a couple of ways down there. But in reality if there just went there once or twice, or was there for repair I'm not all that interested. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The container has arrived at Southampton and if I understood the message from the shipping company correctly it is due to be unloaded tomorrow. 

At the current time I expect it to take a few days to be unpacked and clear customs then get down to Kernow. 

cheers Mike

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

Our IZA twin vans, by Revolution Trains, have arrived!

There is no rest for the wicked/warehouse team as we they are also finishing the despatches of the Model Rail 16xx.

The pre-orders will start to be sent out this week so keep an eye out for the Postman/woman/person!

Please be patient with us as there are a lot to get through once we locate the packing team hidden by all the boxes...:

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1