Kernow Wagon - IZA Cargowagon Twin Van

rembrow

Hi all,

just received 2 packs of these wagons. I was a bit worried about the price, spending £200 on 4 box vans. However, I am delighted with them as the models are superb. Can’t wait for my Norsk Hydro wagons. Well done RevolutiOO(N) and KMRC on a superb product. 

all the best

jeff. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/02/2021 at 16:57, CoBoLoco said:

What do people who have received their models make of them?

I am considering getting a pack or 2 myself, but a 100 quid is a lot to drop on a wagon.

Thanks

Nice looking, but disappointed with running over points mine derail on Peco radius 2 setrack the axle sets are too rigid they also find any slight dips. looking at having to do modifications which is bad considering the price. Why they weren't designed with axle sets that have slight movement I don't know, the Gaugemaster GM4430101 Piko Network Rail Track Cleaner Wagon has moving axle sets it allows for curves and up and down movement never derails. Won't be buying anymore!

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

As someone who has laboriously fixed the moving bogies on all my Bach OBA/OCA/VAA/VBA/VDA/VGAs + FTGs SPAs to make them run better and couple up to each other, i am relieved that finally someone has seen the light and realised that pivoting bogies on long wheelbase 4w wagons isn't essential.  I have up to R2 curves and use Peco streamline short rad points in my fiddle yard and have no issues running with fixed bogies.

M

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Had no issues with the running qualities of mine, and the trackwork is far from perfect. :blink:

After showing earlier in the thread how I'd modified the flashing tail-lamp to be track powered, I'd thought I better show the finished wagon.

20210317_154913.jpg.f006771e5490c73cb438f3261115c640.jpg

20210317_154952.jpg.32a56af340f4dff8d0d24a0fb26563a1.jpg

20210317_154944.jpg.2e62471fc411004ca3e2d4c481fcbcc6.jpg

Cheers,

Phil.

• Like 16
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, Iliketrains said:

Nice looking, but disappointed with running over points mine derail on Peco radius 2 setrack the axle sets are too rigid they also find any slight dips. looking at having to do modifications which is bad considering the price. Why they weren't designed with axle sets that have slight movement I don't know, the Gaugemaster GM4430101 Piko Network Rail Track Cleaner Wagon has moving axle sets it allows for curves and up and down movement never derails. Won't be buying anymore!

As I have not really had a good look at mine and having seen this post I have dug them out and tried mine on Peco normal Code 75 short radius on my Cropper Street layout

and even when roughly pushed they are fine. I've installed Kadees couplings if that make any difference. May be short radius C100 turnouts could be a compromise if space is tight?

• 4 months later...

hi StephenNicholson, I was looking at the reed switch too but with my limited

knowledge could'nt see how to achieve the wanted outcome of using the latching method for on/off working, how about a discription or tutorial, I'm sure I'm not

the only one who would benefit......

Hi Phil Mc, thanks for photo layout, I'm doing much the same thing as you per your discription except I had to change my wheel sets out for bachmanns due to derailments so no live axles and using wipers to the rectifier then capacitor then

to the battery holders, I'm not sure what size resistor to use though, any suggestion welcome, and would this be in my configuration on the positive feed?

• RMweb Premium
On 12/08/2021 at 13:05, wagontrain said:

hi StephenNicholson, I was looking at the reed switch too but with my limited

knowledge could'nt see how to achieve the wanted outcome of using the latching method for on/off working, how about a discription or tutorial, I'm sure I'm not

the only one who would benefit......

I had to dismantle to remind myself what I had done!

1. Unscrew and turnover the small circuit board and solder two wires on to the switch contacts shown in the second photo. This has the effect of bridging the provided switch. Reattach the circuit board.

2. Solder the reed switch to a short piece of stiff copper wire and solder the two wires on either end. 

3. Glue one end of the copper wire adjacent to circuit board to mount the magnetic reed switch close to the underside of the roof - being careful to avoid the post for the body screw.

4. Replace the roof

That's how I muddled through to a solution! 

IMG_20210812_151021.jpg.0b497772daf38ea551805aa19d969e85.jpgIMG_20210812_151355.jpg.beac5b6e8c1b2918366a9a290d9df1dd.jpg

Edited by stephennicholson
reupload of photos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, wagontrain said:

Hi Phil Mc, thanks for photo layout, I'm doing much the same thing as you per your discription except I had to change my wheel sets out for bachmanns due to derailments so no live axles and using wipers to the rectifier then capacitor then

to the battery holders, I'm not sure what size resistor to use though, any suggestion welcome, and would this be in my configuration on the positive feed?

Pretty sure it was a 1k resistor, same as I use for LED's.

Cheers,

Phil.

• 6 months later...

We have been nominated for our  IZA Cargowaggons in the 00 Wagon category, the 00 gauge manufacturer and the overall manufacturer of the year awards.

To make your vote count click here https://tinyurl.com/2p8kk2uk The poll is open until 14th March

For more details on the IZA Cargowaggon click here https://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/pg/162/KMRC-Wagon---IZA-Cargowaggon

• Like 3

• 11 months later...