New Wales and Borders Franchise

At least they have the window band.

It's near indistinguishable from what Virgin are having to use without it.

Have you seen the footage of the VTWC five car Voyager that has been repainted into the "flowing silk" livery?  When that turns up at Wrexham or Shrewsbury next to a train in the new Big T Wales livery it should make for an interesting comparison.

• Like 1

There may be some disappointed passengers tomorrow and on Monday when they discover that on day one not much has changed.

Not even the uniforms.

A lot of people expect all trains to be red and white tomorrow !

Well at least a second 175 has been done at Chester.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

And, for some reason, they've partially repainted or revinyled Tom Jones.

The last time I saw it (on the last day of Arriva Trains Wales) the area below the windows looked more like the grotty looking bits round the windows and the whole thing was looking rather unloved.

post-18810-0-35634500-1540469544.jpg

I wonder if they're going to be naming the new trains when they finally turn up.

• 4 months later...

Couldn't find the proper 'Flex' thread (only the GWR one), it is understood that the first TfW 769 is due to move to Cardiff Canton tomorrow. Didn't realise that any of the TfW ones were at Brush. 

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/K01120/2019/03/14/advanced

Normal clauses apply, as it should have run some time last week supposedly.

WBF

• Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Hesperus said:

According to Vivarail the hybrid diesel and battery units for Wrexham to Bidston are currently being tested.

Screenshot_20190330-105819.png.a93e38a541d3a35fd65c09d7d92539a6.png

The class 230 would seem to be a fairly easy unit to scratchbuild, or produce basic parts for and now that they in at least two TOC liveries perhaps some enterprising 3D producer might produce modular parts for them ?

8 hours ago, Hesperus said:

According to Vivarail the hybrid diesel and battery units for Wrexham to Bidston are currently being tested.

Screenshot_20190330-105819.png.a93e38a541d3a35fd65c09d7d92539a6.png

The Welsh Transport Minister has been to view them this week, link to local media coverage: http://www.deeside.com/transport-minister-takes-a-peek-at-new-trains-set-to-come-into-service-on-wrexham-to-bidston-line-later-this-year/

Edited by Signaller69
Correction

• RMweb Premium

Can someone explain the statement "Each train will have 3 carriages containing 125 seats with a total capacity of 293."?

I assume that the centre car will have more than the driving cars. But around 100 seats per vehicle seems unlikely.

Jonathan

9 minutes ago, corneliuslundie said:

Can someone explain the statement "Each train will have 3 carriages containing 125 seats with a total capacity of 293."?

I assume that the centre car will have more than the driving cars. But around 100 seats per vehicle seems unlikely.

Jonathan

Jon

My assumption (and that is all it is) would be a three car unit with (a total of ) 125 seats, but space for 168 'standees' so 125+168=293

Now, please bear in mind, I only gained a CSE Grade 2 in maths, and this is a news item featuring the Welsh Assembly Government.

Brian R

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

• 2 weeks later...