Rapido LB&SCR Class E1 0-6-0T

sem34090

• RMweb Gold

Did 57XX panniers not also replace M7s on Waterloo ECS trains? (CJL).

Strictly speaking, they were all 8750s, I think. Several arrived at Nine Elms in 1959, and a couple more in 1961, so before the M7s went.

The last Panniers departed in August 1963, including five that had been newly allocated, though they may well have been only "paper" transfers.

It was the ten-strong batch of BR3 tanks displaced from Exmouth Junction from late 1962 that finally did for the Drummond engines, and probably the Panniers, too. 

John

Edited by Dunsignalling

Should be a good model if they are using 2020 foresight.

Given Rapido's reputation for detail and fidelity it is likely to be an outstanding model. But also with a huge North American HO and N programs with lot's of delay's, a small trickle of UK prototype will have to be a ways out. Interesting, is this the first announcement with a 2020 delivery date? Hmmm 2020 vision or foresight but not hindsight.

Not to mention the bus lines of models in HO and 4 mm and Canadien prototype acquisition of rail cars and buses.

2 factories in China going full tilt. Jason is a very busy person. 

To discuss the implications of that statement, and to consider the frothing problems raised by the frothing methods involved we have a duck, a cat and a lizard. 

No?

Let's ask the armchair modeller in the street...

I got very excited about this,

Then very sad because of all recent expensive releases,

Then happy, because it's got a release date of 2020,

Then sad again, because it's got a release date of 2020 

What a torrent of emotions.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well, that's my retirement present sorted.

Rob.

• Like 3

Didn’t 1500 panniers do Waterloo ECS trips in later days?

I'm not gonna say it never happened, but I never saw it, I spent more time at Waterloo than Paddington ( Nine Elms, and Old Oak as well ) as a train spotter 1959 - 1965 but only saw the bouncy 15's at Paddington (Old Oak). Someone got a pic ??

Edited by bike2steam

I'm not gonna say it never happened, but I never saw it, I spent more time at Waterloo than Paddington ( Nine Elms, and Old Oak as well ) as a train spotter 1959 - 1965 but only saw the bouncy 15's at Paddington (Old Oak). Someone got a pic ??

Can't say I ever saw or heard of 15XXs at Waterloo. There were a couple of 97XXs in the twilight years - oh, and for those who want excuses for Brighton locos on the sou-western, there was certainly a Brighton 0-6-2T that was there for a time. I suspect it's the one I have underlined in my 1962 Abc - 32408 (an E6) alongside which I have written 70B, which was the code for Feltham. (CJL)

• Like 1

Strictly speaking, they were all 8750s, I think. Several arrived at Nine Elms in 1959, and a couple more in 1961, so before the M7s went.

The last Panniers departed in August 1963, including five that had been newly allocated, though they may well have been only "paper" transfers.

It was the ten-strong batch of BR3 tanks displaced from Exmouth Junction from late 1962 that finally did for the Drummond engines, and probably the Panniers, too. 

John

Didn’t 1500 panniers do Waterloo ECS trips in later days?

Can't say I ever saw or heard of 15XXs at Waterloo. There were a couple of 97XXs in the twilight years - oh, and for those who want excuses for Brighton locos on the sou-western, there was certainly a Brighton 0-6-2T that was there for a time. I suspect it's the one I have underlined in my 1962 Abc - 32408 (an E6) alongside which I have written 70B, which was the code for Feltham. (CJL)

I mean I can see how you could confuse a Stroudley locomotive with a Pannier ....

post-25673-0-61199500-1528479003.jpg

• Like 2

Do you think suppliers operate a ‘frothometer’?

Because if they do, I’d be worried for the E1. A small number of people are clearly delighted by the announcement, but by comparison with the froffin wot I av sin on ere about other classes .......

Paneer ...... that’s Indian cottage cheese isn’t it?

• Like 1

15xx 0-6-0PTs never worked out of Waterloo.  57xx(8750) - mainly in the 46xx series, though I certainly recall 9770, arrived at Nine Elms in 1959 and from then until 1961 you could see a mixture of 8750s, M7s and Brighton E4s on ECS duties between Waterloo and Clapham Junction.

Chris KT

15xx 0-6-0PTs never worked out of Waterloo.  57xx(8750) - mainly in the 46xx series, though I certainly recall 9770, arrived at Nine Elms in 1959 and from then until 1961 you could see a mixture of 8750s, M7s and Brighton E4s on ECS duties between Waterloo and Clapham Junction.

Chris KT

I give up!

post-25673-0-71069800-1528480526.jpg

post-25673-0-74971700-1528480543_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Are two threads on the 16xx really necessary? Surely at least one should be about the E1s.....

:jester:

- Alex

It would be nice, in this instance to get back on topic.

I'm trying a flanking manoeuvre ...

post-25673-0-08452000-1528483815.jpg

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

ORDER!!!

2012-isle-of-wight-steam-railway-havenst

ORDER!

2012-isle-of-wight-steam-railway-havenst

ORDER, PLEASE!

IMG_20170412_0020-L.jpg

I HEREBY INFORM THE MEMBERS GATHERED HERE THAT DISCUSSION IS TO RETURN TO THE LBSCR CLASS E1.

IMG_20170628_0014-L.jpg

THERE IS ANOTHER THREAD FOR YOUR COPPER KETTLES WITH A PAIR OF BOXES EITHER SIDE OF THE BOILER!
IMG_20170412_0024-L.jpg

SO PLEASE DISCUSS THAT LOCO (The 1600) THERE!

IMG_20170301_0085-L.jpg

THANK YOU!

IMG_20170306_0034-L.jpg

• Like 4

'They all look much the same to me'.

I can see more differences between the preserved E1 in her CRC state and as originally built than between a 1600 and 6400... :jester:

Ooops.

E1E1E1E1E1E1E1

• RMweb Premium

I have been worrying that I would have nothing on preorder beyond the end of this year for the first time since 2010 (warship d6xx, H1 and warflats getting closer, with only the railmotor uncertain)

This could be quite an expensive purchase! Not in and of itself but with complimentary purchases. If I get one in Marsh Umber then I would also want to pick up one of the E4s in the same livery that are still hanging around from a few retailers (at a temptingly reasonable price). However, that would also necessitate the purchase of an H1 and Terrier to keep them company in the same livery and complete the 'portrait'. 

I guess I could always just go for the BR early crest where she would have plenty of friends for her to work with. Just not quite as elegant though.

Decisions, decisions decisions!

• Like 1

This could be quite an expensive purchase! Not in and of itself but with complimentary purchases. If I get one in Marsh Umber then I would also want to pick up one of the E4s in the same livery that are still hanging around from a few retailers (at a temptingly reasonable price). However, that would also necessitate the purchase of an H1 and Terrier to keep them company in the same livery and complete the 'portrait'. 

Only an H1? Not an H2 too...?  :jester:

• Like 1

I think the tooling variations for the H2 don't allow for an original condition model. But that's a whole new conversation...

Yes, they do.

An EP was shown, not only entirely unrebuilt/modified, but featuring bogie brakes. 

I understand that there no plans at present to produce a model to that specification.

Of course, if people make support known to Bachmann, it is a possible future model.

EDIT: Well, in terms of digressions, at least it's a Brighton loco!

Edited by Edwardian