Rapido LB&SCR Class E1 0-6-0T

sem34090

4 hours ago, stephennicholson said:

Just repeating a question on the circle Facebook group, is what renumber options are there for this model? If there is another legitimate number for an E1 in this condition it might encourage a few more orders. Me included

As JSpencer correctly says, 110, 123, 142, 686, 690, 693, 694 had Stroudley boilers at Grouping.

Note that 686, 690, 693 & 694 were previously 86, 90, 101, & 102 respectively, having been renumbered between 06/1912 and 05/1913.

Bradley doesn’t explicitly list the liveries for each loco, but he does say the following:

”Until the last few weeks of 1923, Brighton Works used umber for all repaints and still lettered the side tanks LBSC … By the New Year, lined black was the standard livery with the ‘B’ prefix until the 1931 renumbering scheme.”

The following is paraphrased for the above Stroudley locos: “Nos. 110, 123, 686 & 693 were withdrawn in Brighton livery in 1924-7.”

Appreciate this doesn’t definitively say which Stroudley boilered E1s definitely had lined black, but hopefully it makes things easier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Wickham Green too said:

I thought the question was about options for No.110 carrying Marsh-era goods black livery with double red lining rather than Southern Railway black lined with green ( from New Year 1924 ) !!?!

Yes indeed. The quote from Bradley about lined black being used from New Year 1924 is irrelevant, which is my oversight during a late night! It’s the next bit which lists the locos that were withdrawn in Brighton livery, which in the absence of any further info on each loco, presumably means it’s a toss up between them being in Umber or Marsh-era lined black (??), except 110 which we know had the latter.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, JSpencer said:

Stroudley Boilers were carried by 110, 123, 142, 686, 690, 693,694 by grouping end. No comments on the laveries but those seem the best possibilities.

Thanks, that gives me enough to take a chance on. 2nd LBSC black ordered.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 12/04/2024 at 15:35, lbscfan said:

The answer to the enquiry from Olive Green 1923 is that we are achingly close but not yet quite close enough.  Another 8-10 orders or so will get us across the finishing line.  So if anyone has been wondering about ordering this model, and has not done anything about it, please consider getting your order in before Monday.  The model won't appear without enough support to make the project viable.   

We are very grateful to all those who have ordered already.  Please help us get over the line.

Nicholas Pryor, Secretary , Brighton Circle

With the order book deadline today (15th), I guess not long to find out if the minimum order was met...  Here's hoping! 🤞

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, greatcoleswoodhalt said:

With the order book deadline today (15th), I guess not long to find out if the minimum order was met...  Here's hoping! 🤞

I've been out and about on social media, gathered quite a few likes, lets hope each one equals an order.

• Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

As Stephen has noted, Rapido have now confirmed that No 110 will be going ahead.  As a result of everyone's activity, a lot of further orders came in over the weekend, and we ended up well over the 100 mark.  We are very grateful to everyone who has supported this project and to those of you who placed orders, and who encouraged others to do so.  Within the Brighton Circle itself, we had several multiple orders plus orders from those who only model in 7mm who were keen to see the project succeed.  We are also grateful to the many members of the Circle Facebook group who were also supportive.

We did know the outcome yesterday but we felt this was for Rapido to announce rather than us, so I hope you understand that we waited for that to happen.  A lot of work is now going into the artwork for the different liveries.  Keep an eye out for updates from Rapido as the project develops.

Nicholas Pryor, 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4