Model Rail announce GWR Class 1600 0-6-0PT via Rapido

sem34090

I thought I would make this announcement easier to find, as a lot of people seem to have not worked it out yet.

1657.jpg

It transpired today that Model Rail, in cooperation with Rapido Trains, is to be producing the GWR Class 1600 0-6-0PT, which will be available in the following versions:

1648 BR Black early

1627 BR Black early (weathered)

1646 BR Black early

1624 BR Black late

1636 BR Black late (weathered)

1638 GWR Green (as preserved)

I will post more details when I can!

EDIT: Added versions.

Edited by Andy Y
  • Like 12

So what is the difference between this and the 64xx?

It's even smaller, I believe- certainly, the wheels were. I have fond memories of pairs of them steaming hard past my old primary school (Furnace CP, on the old L&MMR) . Llanelly shed (87F) had a double-figure allocation, with about six out-shedded at Burry Port for the BP&GVR trains.

• Like 2

Seems like a fair question - I can't find anything that tells me what scale it will be.

Apart from the announcement in the magazine. Worth considering that this is an unofficial thread started by someone not involved in the model.

But do people really think that a magazine are going to be releasing RTR models in O Gauge? You would struggle selling N Gauge ones.

Jason

Has the list of options for the 16xx appeared yet? Not quite as many as for the E1! BR black, early or late crest, plus preservation green, I imagine.

I did post them in the other thread. But for clarity.

1648 BR Black early

1627 BR Black early (weathered)

1646 BR Black early

1624 BR Black late

1636 BR Black late (weathered)

1638 GWR Green (as preserved)

Or buy etched plates from your favourite source and have whatever one you want. :)

Jason

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Apart from the announcement in the magazine. Worth considering that this is an unofficial thread started by someone not involved in the model.

But do people really think that a magazine are going to be releasing RTR models in O Gauge? You would struggle selling N Gauge ones.

Jason

Living where I do, my copy won't arrive for another week at least so that doesn't help me Jason. I had guessed that it will be 00 of course, but I found it a little odd that nobody had mentioned that so far.

Living where I do, my copy won't arrive for another week at least so that doesn't help me Jason. I had guessed that it will be 00 of course, but I found it a little odd that nobody had mentioned that so far.

Ah. Sorry.

It's just that it hasn't really been announced properly yet. I was hoping there would be a proper thread for it.

Jason

• RMweb Gold

Jason

With the way Minerva and Dapol  7mm scale panniers are flying off the shelves, the potential sales  in 7 mm is not to be sniffed at.

Don’t...

There was an issue of a magazine very recently (within the last month or two) with a feature on the Dornoch branch, does anyone know what it was? I’ll be back ordering that! It had a fantastic photo of a 0P 0-4-4T with a mixed train crossing Cambusavie level crossing, very inspirational.

Edited by NXEA!
  • Like 1