Model Rail announce GWR Class 1600 0-6-0PT via Rapido

sem34090

3 hours ago, MPR said:

There is a colour photo of 1613 at Kilgerran in Western Branches, Western Byways by Kevin McCormack.

Fantastic, thanks for the info.  I'll have to find the photo.  My mother is from Kilgerran (or Cilgerran as she would insist on spelling it!) so I might have to order plates for 1613  (to replace the ones for 1666 that I already have!!) .  Or just order 2 locos ...!

• 2 weeks later...

Not seen it mentioned anywhere but in the latest copy of the magazine model MR303A 1626 has had it’s shed plate changed to 83E rather that  the incorrect 84B, both apply to St Blazey but 83E is the correct one for the steam period.

Still showing 84B on the ModelRailOffers site though.

However it does say in the magazine than number and shed plate may change without notice.

• 2 months later...
23 hours ago, mdvle said:

The 1600 is now in tooling according to the just released Rapido UK newsletter, those who aren't subscribers can find a link to it in the topic started by Rapido today on RMweb.

I saw it when I checked the email, probably not too much longer now, can't wait to see a livery sample.

2 hours ago, 9402 Fredrick said:

I saw it when I checked the email, probably not too much longer now, can't wait to see a livery sample.

Just a rough guess but I would say middle of next year or so, still need to finish tooling, go through the EP sample stage(s), and artwork stages before production and that will all be fitting into the schedules for all the other Rapido products.

• 3 weeks later...

I meant 16xx locos of course .... 61xx's would have been just a touch on the heavy side for the Cardigan line ......

The Login site also includes pics of the Talyllyn plus cute hedgehogs, flowers, bouquets and people who have had their birthday parties having tea .... but you can skip those.

David C 

• Like 1

On 23/11/2019 at 16:22, mozzer models said:

There is a photo of one in the Warley topic page 13

Model Rail

30D166CB-5665-498E-BE26-92930AFEA5D4.jpeg

1600 on display (looks like a 3D print)

Yes, it is a 3D print.... with  few wonky parts! Also, some small detail revisions were done based on our reviews of the samples. 

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

In the December issue of Model Rail it appears that the Model numbers/Loco numbers have changed for several of the forth-coming releases. It does say in the small print that Guises may change without notice but this represents a major issue for those who have pre-ordered models. e.g I pre-ordered based on models allocated to the West Country but now both models have now changed and now the models I have ordered do not appear to have been allocated in my area. I will therefore probably need to cancel my pre-order and start again once the guises have been settled, not too much of an issue as delivery is still some way off. However if this same problem affects many others then this must affect the production quantities required, again it is probably early enough that quantities have not yet been settled, as delivery approaches this will become more of a problem.

Please note also that the models listed on the ModelRailOffers web site do not match the listing in the magazine.

While the web site has the shed allocation details the magazine does not.

On 23/11/2019 at 21:47, David C said:

GWJ:

Have you seen the Login Station Tea Rooms site? https://www.facebook.com/pg/AfternoonTeaAtTheStation/photos/?ref=page_internal

Loads and loads of photos of the Cardigan branch, including plenty of 61xxs which worked the line post war (along with small praires of course).

David C

Thanks David C, I have seen the link before but still not managed a visit to Login Station.  Most of my visits are to the top end of the line.  Hopefully that will change in 2020 and I can enjoy an afternoon tea whilst taking in all the Cardi-Bach memorabilia! 

On 25/11/2019 at 16:54, Bob83a said:

In the December issue of Model Rail it appears that the Model numbers/Loco numbers have changed for several of the forth-coming releases. It does say in the small print that Guises may change without notice but this represents a major issue for those who have pre-ordered models. e.g I pre-ordered based on models allocated to the West Country but now both models have now changed and now the models I have ordered do not appear to have been allocated in my area. I will therefore probably need to cancel my pre-order and start again once the guises have been settled, not too much of an issue as delivery is still some way off. However if this same problem affects many others then this must affect the production quantities required, again it is probably early enough that quantities have not yet been settled, as delivery approaches this will become more of a problem.

Please note also that the models listed on the ModelRailOffers web site do not match the listing in the magazine.

While the web site has the shed allocation details the magazine does not.

There will be no need to cancel orders. There is likely to be plenty of opportunity to switch to a different number before delivery as the production run quantities will not be matched precisely to the pre-orders. (CJL)

2 hours ago, dibber25 said:

There will be no need to cancel orders. There is likely to be plenty of opportunity to switch to a different number before delivery as the production run quantities will not be matched precisely to the pre-orders. (CJL)

Chris,

Please could you point me to an on-line definitive list of the spec. for each version on offer?

I have placed a pre-order, but would like to ensure that what I have ordered is what I need.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

2 hours ago, cctransuk said:

Chris,

Please could you point me to an on-line definitive list of the spec. for each version on offer?

I have placed a pre-order, but would like to ensure that what I have ordered is what I need.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Sorry, I'm not aware of any such list at present. I understand that the only spec variations are the position of spare-lamp irons, which varied between locomotives, and the 'busby' chimney. The spare-lamp irons are being supplied as a separate etch for fitting by the purchaser. The alternative 'busby' chimney will be supplied with appropriate locomotives. (CJL)

10 hours ago, dibber25 said:

Sorry, I'm not aware of any such list at present. I understand that the only spec variations are the position of spare-lamp irons, which varied between locomotives, and the 'busby' chimney. The spare-lamp irons are being supplied as a separate etch for fitting by the purchaser. The alternative 'busby' chimney will be supplied with appropriate locomotives. (CJL)

Chris,

Bob83a stated in an earler posting that "In the December issue of Model Rail it appears that the Model numbers/Loco numbers have changed for several of the forth-coming releases".

Are you saying that this is incorrect; ie., that there has not been any changes to the item number and loco number / livery relationships?

Clearly, all those that have pre-ordered, including me, will want to be sure that the item number that they have chosen still relates to the loco number / livery that they require.

I would have thought that a definitive, on-line list of the models on offer would be a basic essential for on-line sales!

Regards,

John Isherwood

Edited by cctransuk

3 hours ago, cctransuk said:

Chris,

Bob83a stated in an earler posting that "In the December issue of Model Rail it appears that the Model numbers/Loco numbers have changed for several of the forth-coming releases".

Are you saying that this is incorrect; ie., that there has not been any changes to the item number and loco number / livery relationships?

Clearly, all those that have pre-ordered, including me, will want to be sure that the item number that they have chosen still relates to the loco number / livery that they require.

I would have thought that a definitive, on-line list of the models on offer would be a basic essential for on-line sales!

Regards,

John Isherwood

No, John, I'm not saying Bob83a is incorrect. You asked about a definitive on-line list of the spec for each version. I said that I am not aware of such a list but that the spec is the same apart from a couple with Busby chimneys and the position of certain spare-lamp irons which are being supplied as a separate etch anyway. Some model numbers/running numbers have been changed and the information has been sent to enable the website to be updated. Kernow will contact any customers whose pre-ordered loco has changed. I do not have any further information as I've literally only picked up temporary responsibility for this project today. (CJL)

47 minutes ago, dibber25 said:

No, John, I'm not saying Bob83a is incorrect. You asked about a definitive on-line list of the spec for each version. I said that I am not aware of such a list but that the spec is the same apart from a couple with Busby chimneys and the position of certain spare-lamp irons which are being supplied as a separate etch anyway. Some model numbers/running numbers have been changed and the information has been sent to enable the website to be updated. Kernow will contact any customers whose pre-ordered loco has changed. I do not have any further information as I've literally only picked up temporary responsibility for this project today. (CJL)

Chris,

That is great - if Kernow are going to take a pro-active stance on this matter then existing customers, including me, will be reassured.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

1 hour ago, cctransuk said:

Chris,

That is great - if Kernow are going to take a pro-active stance on this matter then existing customers, including me, will be reassured.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

I don't think many of the 22 choices have changed and I've no idea what led to the changes. I will endeavour to unravel it and provide a list of the changes, but it will take a day or two as I only work part-time. (CJL)

I have now tabulated a list of the revisions to catalogue numbers and running numbers of the 16XX models and have included it below. I have simply cross-referenced from the current advertisement to the previous one. Please be advised that I have no idea why the changes were made (doubtless there was good reason behind them) or of the logic behind particular choices, so there's no point asking. I understand that Rapido is currently in process of revising the artwork to suit. (CJL)

16XX number revisions.docx

Edited by dibber25
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

1 hour ago, dibber25 said:

I have now tabulated a list of the revisions to catalogue numbers and running numbers of the 16XX models and have included it below. I have simply cross-referenced from the current advertisement to the previous one. Please be advised that I have no idea why the changes were made (doubtless there was good reason behind them) or of the logic behind particular choices, so there's no point asking. I understand that Rapido is currently in process of revising the artwork to suit. (CJL)

16XX number revisions.docx 47.84 kB · 23 downloads

Chris,

Thank you for that - very helpful.

My pre-order of 301C (1623) has changed to 1640 - which just happens to suit me better !

Regards,

John Isherwood.