Model Rail announce GWR Class 1600 0-6-0PT via Rapido

sem34090

8 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

I'll wait for the Model Rail Offers website to be amended before I attempt to change my order as the person on the end of the phone won't be up to speed yet.

You can do as I have done, and use the CONTACT US form on the Model Rail Offers web page : http://www.modelrailoffers.co.uk/contact

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Gold
On 28/11/2019 at 16:36, gwrrob said:

I'll wait for the Model Rail Offers website to be amended before I attempt to change my order as the person on the end of the phone won't be up to speed yet.

I do believe the website has now been updated. However,my order was easily changed through a phone call although it's good to see a visual confirmation on the webpage.

The web site has not been changes yet. Compare it with Chris’s list, as I read it just about all the BR early and late logo models have changed but thE Busby/NCB/Preservation versions have not.

I have decided to leave my pre-order as is until contacted about the changes. Having said that one of the models I ordered has been deleted so this will effectively be cancelled anyway.

I will probably wait until the March edition of the magazine comes out before making a decision on my remaining pre-order to allow for any further guise changes that may be made.

On 02/11/2019 at 10:50, mdvle said:

Just a rough guess but I would say middle of next year or so, still need to finish tooling, go through the EP sample stage(s), and artwork stages before production and that will all be fitting into the schedules for all the other Rapido products.

The changes showed up for me, even on my order, which only had the running number changed.

Double checking some changes have been made but not all completed, e.g.

MR-301G not shown (new)

MR-303 not shown (new)

MR-303A still shown (deleted)

Hopefully they are sorting out notification emails to alert pre-orders about changes, just changing orders would just cause a lot of complaints or even returns later.

E.g I ordered MR-301F 1668 (83B),  order history has been changed to 1648 now, which I do not want, MR-301G is now 1668 which would be a better change. Why they had to change the reference number for 1668 is a question for them, it will just cause confusion.

I also ordered MR-303A 1626 (83E or 84B as the website previously indicated see previous discussion) now deleted from list and a replacement for that would MR-301E 1664. order history for this is still showing as original.

However MR-301x are BR black early emblem pristine so not sure I want two so similar

So not taking any action yet as suggested earlier as suggested by Chris until 1) receive notification of change and 2) waiting for Model Rail/Rapido to finalise the guises etc

On 02/11/2019 at 14:50, mdvle said:

Just a rough guess but I would say middle of next year or so, still need to finish tooling, go through the EP sample stage(s), and artwork stages before production and that will all be fitting into the schedules for all the other Rapido products.

I have asked Rapido to give me a timeline and await a response. The above is speculation and has not come from Model Rail. (CJL)

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Say what you see...

I know this will upset some but the first thing I saw was an ugly carbuncle of a tension lock coupling poking way out in front an otherwise beautiful little model. Surely in this day and age a more discreet mounting - to the proper standard - can be devised?

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

I pre-ordered 304A as 1622 because it was late crest as a London area (81B Slough) engine.

304A is now 1636, which in its early crest weathered guise as 303B was an 89A Oswestry loco. The pristine late crest alternative is now 1655 (304B) with no indication of shed allocation.

Can someone help please by advising what sheds 1636 and 1655 were allocated to when carrying the BR late crest. I would prefer not having to renumber.

Edited by brushman47544

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, TrevorP1 said:

Say what you see...

I know this will upset some but the first thing I saw was an ugly carbuncle of a tension lock coupling poking way out in front an otherwise beautiful little model. Surely in this day and age a more discreet mounting - to the proper standard - can be devised?

Of course a coupling is easily replaced :)

2 minutes ago, TrevorP1 said:

Say what you see...

This is a first shot off the tooling, designed to check the look and fit of the plastic body parts. The picture has come from the USA - we don't yet have the model to hand but it is clear from the other pictures that the chassis requires attention to the positioning of both the coupler mountings as these are currently positioned to clear a cross-rod of the brake gear. A solution will be found to allow for brake gear and a correctly positioned coupling. There are other matters which will also need attention but that is what a first shot off the tooling is for, to identify things which need further work. Once we have the actual model in our hands I've no doubt that we'll find  other matters to be remedied but we thought that modellers might like to have an early glimpse of something that we're excited about even if it isn't yet perfect. It will, of course, still have the NEM-pocket-mounted tension-lock, as that is the current British standard on RTR models. (CJL)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Of course a coupling is easily replaced :)

For those of us who use Kadees it can indeed be replaced..but with the NEM pocket in the position shown it will look a bit silly...

Edited by Gilbert
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Steamport Southport said:

What's strange there is people who obviously follow the Model Rail FB page yet don't know they are making a 16XX.....

Follow Facebook long enough and you soon realise that there are a lot of people out there who aren't entirely up to date as to what is being made, hence why many see the retail network as still being very important given that it is apparent a lot of customers aren't aware of anything that isn't on a retailers shelf or promotional list.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

Can someone help please by advising what sheds 1636 and 1655 were allocated to when carrying the BR late crest. I would prefer not having to renumber.

1636 , Oswestry and Slough.

1655, Llanelly.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, mdvle said:

Follow Facebook long enough and you soon realise that there are a lot of people out there who aren't entirely up to date as to what is being made, hence why many see the retail network as still being very important given that it is apparent a lot of customers aren't aware of anything that isn't on a retailers shelf or promotional list.

Yeah.  But it's the magazines own Facebook page....

Jason

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Gilbert said:

For those of us who use Kadees it can indeed be replaced..but with the NEM pocket in the position shown it will look a bit silly...

Reducing the reach of NEM Kadees is fairly simple. Just shorten the pocket, trim the clip on the back of a #17 coupler head, and unite the two with superglue.

It's when the height is wrong that the real hassle starts....

John  

• RMweb Premium
59 minutes ago, dibber25 said:

This is a first shot off the tooling, designed to check the look and fit of the plastic body parts. The picture has come from the USA - we don't yet have the model to hand but it is clear from the other pictures that the chassis requires attention to the positioning of both the coupler mountings as these are currently positioned to clear a cross-rod of the brake gear. A solution will be found to allow for brake gear and a correctly positioned coupling. There are other matters which will also need attention but that is what a first shot off the tooling is for, to identify things which need further work. Once we have the actual model in our hands I've no doubt that we'll find  other matters to be remedied but we thought that modellers might like to have an early glimpse of something that we're excited about even if it isn't yet perfect. It will, of course, still have the NEM-pocket-mounted tension-lock, as that is the current British standard on RTR models. (CJL)

Thanks Chris. I hate to seem carping and appreciate it is a test shot. We are also fortunate that we are able to see the model so early in it's production. However, I've seen a few models lately where coupling mounting almost seemed to be an afterthought. The point is that if the chassis stays at it is the fitting of any sort of discreet coupling is going to be a needless challenge.

Anyway, thanks for your comments and the chance to see the model - indeed the chance to have a 16XX!

48 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Yeah.  But it's the magazines own Facebook page....

I know, but follow for example almost any manufacturers page and you see the same thing - comments to the effect of "I didn't know you were making that", "why don't you make X" (when X was made last year), etc.

There are a lot of people who simply aren't aware of what is happening, compounded on Facebook that if you are following a lot of feeds you simply won't see every post a given company/person makes given your available time on Facebook.

3 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

I pre-ordered 304A as 1622 because it was late crest as a London area (81B Slough) engine.

304A is now 1636, which in its early crest weathered guise as 303B was an 89A Oswestry loco. The pristine late crest alternative is now 1655 (304B) with no indication of shed allocation.

I see that this has been answered, but for future reference there is  website BRDatabase that I find really good for these queries. Cheers.

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1