Model Rail announce GWR Class 1600 0-6-0PT via Rapido

sem34090

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, dibber25 said:

I'm sure we've looked at most of them - plus, commercial users get see others which aren't necessarily on the public lists. It's a bit of a 'Henry Ford' loco, though, even Colour-Rail can't offer many that aren't black! (CJL)

I was thinking more of lamp iron positions on a dated photo as they did get moved around a bit. They might assist weathering too.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On ‎05‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 13:00, Steamport Southport said:

I did post them in the other thread. But for clarity.

1648 BR Black early

1627 BR Black early (weathered)

1646 BR Black early

1624 BR Black late

1636 BR Black late (weathered)

1638 GWR Green (as preserved)

Or buy etched plates from your favourite source and have whatever one you want. :)

Jason

Do we know yet if there are detailed differences , if any of course, between the different running numbers.

I haven't done any research on them personally. But I've just ordered the relevant Pannier Papers book. Volume 5.

One that was allocated to the Cambrian or North Wales in general will do me. I try to get all my GWR/WR locomotives from that neck of the woods. There seems to be plenty to choose from.

http://www.greatwestern.org.uk/060_1600det.htm

Jason

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Do we know yet if there are detailed differences , if any of course, between the different running numbers.

Full details will be published when the order book opens on 13th but there have been a number of changes from that original listing as the project has developed, in order to provide more choice. I don't think there was much detail difference between members of this class, but what there is, will have been catered for. (CJL)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 3

29 minutes ago, 9402 Fredrick said:

Saw the recent post on the Model Rail Magazine FB page and apparently there will be twenty-two variants instead of the initial 6 variants.

Why so many?

They only carried two liveries except for the preserved example. BR early crest and late crest. Apart from the ones with spark arresters and extra lamp irons on the running plate there weren't many differences.

Surely people can change a set of numberplates?

Jason

5 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Why so many?

They only carried two liveries except for the preserved example. BR early crest and late crest. Apart from the ones with spark arresters and extra lamp irons on the running plate there weren't many differences.

Jason

Also NCB livery

Edited by mozzer models
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Why so many?

Jason

Because we have the opportunity to do so and we hope this will please, pretty much, everyone. There are variations in the shed allocations, too, and we've endeavoured to cover Cornish, Welsh, West Midlands and even Scottish allocations plus post-BR green ones. (CJL)

• Like 7
  • Agree 2

Hello All

I am seriously tempted by 1622, as I have found a Club photo from our archive, that shows this loco at Chinnor in the time frame that she was allocated to Slough, between 1962 and 1964.

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

21 hours ago, dibber25 said:

Yes, you will. (CJL)

Well this is going to be expensive. I'll definitely have 1661 with spark arrestor and probably a couple of others.  :)

Seriously, if anyone is interested in these, try and have a look at the Pannier Papers book. It's very informative with lots of clear photographs.

Jason

• Agree 1

On 08/06/2019 at 12:55, St Enodoc said:

I'm very pleased to see MR-310B 1638 in green with Dart Valley lettering.

I now need to make a decision on which one to get!