Little Loco Company - Class 22

The Nth Degree

Apologies, but I'm off to France on holiday in a matter of hours. I'll be back next week.

Can that be used alongside of Blue Tooth Control or RC, or will I - as you hinted at before? - have to remove that board/PCB?

If you do not require sound, simply purchase the standard model and sell the cap board and speaker driver. They should net you about £20-30. Fit your batteries and receiver depending on the requirements of your chosen supplier, replacing the feeds from the pick-ups with those from your battery. The common interface board can stay, and if you choose a solution that can utilise the decoder, keep it. Otherwise sell that too for another £20 or so (non-sound).

Hi All,

2 questions please - the order page for the Class 22 has a ‘personalized decoration’ option - is that just for numbering or are there other things on offer?

Can we preorder one and pay when it’s released or do we have to pay now? Looking at the PayPal option it looked like I had to pay now.

Thank you.

The decorated option has all decals applied to your chosen loco specification. All numbers, logos, plates, etc are applied as in a fully finished model. As standard the models come with a decal sheet for you to customise your model yourself.

The web people have not yet implemented the Pay Later (via PayPal) option on the Class 22 reservation page. I will get to this when I return from holiday. You can guarantee a reservation by selecting another payment method (cheque, for example), where all your details will be taken and your chosen model allotted to you, but payment will not be taken.

Au revoir!

Steve

Apologies, but I'm off to France on holiday in a matter of hours. I'll be back next week.

If you do not require sound, simply purchase the standard model and sell the cap board and speaker driver. They should net you about £20-30. Fit your batteries and receiver depending on the requirements of your chosen supplier, replacing the feeds from the pick-ups with those from your battery. The common interface board can stay, and if you choose a solution that can utilise the decoder, keep it. Otherwise sell that too for another £20 or so (non-sound).

The decorated option has all decals applied to your chosen loco specification. All numbers, logos, plates, etc are applied as in a fully finished model. As standard the models come with a decal sheet for you to customise your model yourself.

The web people have not yet implemented the Pay Later (via PayPal) option on the Class 22 reservation page. I will get to this when I return from holiday. You can guarantee a reservation by selecting another payment method (cheque, for example), where all your details will be taken and your chosen model allotted to you, but payment will not be taken.

Au revoir!

Steve

Thanks Steve, I've ordered the non sound version 6320 so hopefully all will be well.

Have a great holiday!

BTW does anyone else know, re. are there any updates from the order system for pre ordered models? I haven't seen anything for awhile.

Kindest regards, with thanks,

CME

Edited by CME and Bottlewasher

• RMweb Gold

The DCC Sound will not be of the right engine though am I right? 

I suspect this will depend on whether anyone had the presence of mind to produce a recording of sufficient quality of one of the last Class 22s, before they were scrapped in the early 1970s.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

there is a update shows a 3d print of the class 22 bogie and latest body shot of there ruston on there facebook page

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Flittlelococompany%2Fposts%2F241685096546794&width=500"width="500" height="688" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>

Thank you to all of those who came along for a chat. It was really good to meet you and showcase some of our developments we are working on; the Rustons, Class 22, some of our electronic technology and the Z gauge test track display.

For those who couldn't make it, a couple photos. The Rustons are a whisker away from production. All machined and die-cast parts are approved, electronics and drive systems have also been approved, there are just a couple more tweaks to do on the mouldings.

post-11337-0-63263400-1535981338_thumb.jpg

We also had a test print of the Class 22 bogie. This is a very complex structure containing 103 individual parts so we commissioned a test print as it would be moulded to test assembly and fit. We're very pleased with it, as were all of those who saw it.

post-11337-0-83720800-1535981615_thumb.jpg

post-11337-0-13360400-1535981638_thumb.jpg

post-11337-0-27937800-1535981725_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you to all of those who came along for a chat. It was really good to meet you and showcase some of our developments we are working on; the Rustons, Class 22, some of our electronic technology and the Z gauge test track display.

For those who couldn't make it, a couple photos. The Rustons are a whisker away from production. All machined and die-cast parts are approved, electronics and drive systems have also been approved, there are just a couple more tweaks to do on the mouldings.

attachicon.gifRustons.jpg

We also had a test print of the Class 22 bogie. This is a very complex structure containing 103 individual parts so we commissioned a test print as it would be moulded to test assembly and fit. We're very pleased with it, as were all of those who saw it.

attachicon.gifBogie1.jpg

attachicon.gifBogie2.jpg

attachicon.gifBogie3.jpg

So when is the Class 22 likely to appear?

Alan

• 3 weeks later...

I can see a HUGE issue with the Class 22 model.............I am going to want it to keep derailing so I can admire the underside detail :)

Nah!  Just build a maintenance depot with overhead lifting crane (working) and transparent 4th wall.  Best maintained low mileage 22 ever.

• Like 1

The bogies on the 22 are very open, so a traditional gearcase within the frames would have been very obvious and not very attractive at all. In fact, it would have been a pretty major fault. On this model we had no choice but to produce a fairly accurate bogie. As we had spare capacity on the toolset we added in a few more parts to make it almost an exact replica. It only added a few extra hours onto CNC time and a few pence on the materials cost. We thought it was worth it.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I think the detail included is a tour de force, and having had a early funders update today regarding the cab detail I reckon this model has already set new standards in the hobby, I cannot wait to receive mine and hear the engine start up and the smoke unit doing its job, even if I only get a basic running line ready by then it’ll transport me to earlier days on the rails, keep it up I say.

The bogies on the 22 are very open, so a traditional gearcase within the frames would have been very obvious and not very attractive at all. In fact, it would have been a pretty major fault. On this model we had no choice but to produce a fairly accurate bogie. As we had spare capacity on the toolset we added in a few more parts to make it almost an exact replica. It only added a few extra hours onto CNC time and a few pence on the materials cost. We thought it was worth it.

Sounds good to me, wise move....

During the summer holiday season when most of our production partners were closed for the summer, we took the opportunity to revise some of the model and increase detail levels even further.

post-11337-0-17966500-1539176343_thumb.jpg

As the cabs will be removable (to add a crew or detail even further) we took the opportunity to revise some elements of the design of the cabs. We have also been working with Detailed Miniatures who will be producing a bespoke crew just for our model. The figures will be fully detailed and painted and available exclusively from DM (prices to be determined).

post-11337-0-29977600-1539176370.jpg

We are also having a look at illuminating the control panels for that extra realism! I'm personally not sure which circuit to splice into – either the directional lights or cab light, or perhaps something else? We are at the limit of adding extra functions on the decoder so preferably I wouldn't like to have this as an option, but if anyone has a preference please do get in touch.

We will be attending Hornby Magazine's Great Electric Train Show this coming weekend in Milton Keynes, so if you are attending please pop by. We will have a test print of one of the cabs so it would be great to get your input and comments. Attached are CAD images of the cab we are bringing.

Please feel free to share this post to interest groups and anyone you feel would be interested.

As always, thank you for your support and interest.

Steve

• Like 6

We are also having a look at illuminating the control panels for that extra realism! I'm personally not sure which circuit to splice into – either the directional lights or cab light, or perhaps something else? We are at the limit of adding extra functions on the decoder so preferably I wouldn't like to have this as an option, but if anyone has a preference please do get in touch.

Sorry I’m not in the market for these, being an 00 chap. As it’s normal for cab lights to be off but control panel lights to be on whilst driving, it would seem sensible to link the latter to the directional lights.

• 1 month later...