Little Loco Company - Ruston 48DS

The Nth Degree

Thanks for the update Steve!

I'll be pre-ordering as soon as you're ready to take them :danced:

Around 6 months to save up... £2 a day or so... Bargain ;) Based on the Class 15 I have no doubt it is going to be spectacular. The difficult decision is just going to be which option to go for...

• RMweb Gold

Price ranges start from £200-225 for the DCC/DC non-sound models and approx £265-285 for the DCC sound models.

Each will come fully decorated in standard Ruston factory paint schemes appropriate for the cab style chosen, with full printed lining. I'll start a news section on the website with regular updates, but I'll echo the essentials right here too. Once the Class 15 has been released and at some point after the Bristol show I'll open a reservation section on the website, where you can also specify Finescale O or Scale 7 wheel sets.

Hi Steve,

Now you and I are going to fall out big time if you start doing this - am I mad? No I'm fuming ... the Class 15 I can live with, that will run quite happily on the new 'BIG' project.  But start coming up with small little fiddly, superb industrials like this and you are going to have to be totally responsible for my little test track layout taking on an industrial feel and we just cannot be having that. I've enough to do on the two layouts, without people like you tempting me to do other things! Its just not fair .... throws arms to the heavens and sulks off into the corner  :nono:

Only joking of course! :jester: Well done mate, I think you could well have scored a good move there.  Im going to try and resist this one, although like I've said to you before, given that your a 'small fish in a large pond' I do want to support what your doing, especially the made in Britain part.  Really looks like you've put 200% into this and I'm totally sure that will pay off, and has the potential to tempt new people into the O gauge market as well.  Looking further ahead, the Type 2s and of course that Eastern Region 0-6-0T (hint, hint, hint) will likely be 'must haves'!  Well done tho Steve.

Rich

• RMweb Premium

Perfect, everyone is going to buy one of these, unless they want both versions....several ran on the Big Railway in Departmental use [signal & PW depots] so the 'too small' argument doesn't wash. See current MLI 222. The MoD/Army were big users so handy for those Army/munitions depot sidings. Then myriads of industrial users and preserved lines. Even narrow [3ft/metre] gauge and exported internationally. Looks very well engineered and 'Built in Britain'! What's not to like?

Dava

• Like 2

Best of luck with this one Steve, I'm sure this will be a success for you. It might not be for me but as I'm sure this will be a successful model hopefully something might follow that I will buy.

I'm with Steve on this one. Maybe I would've succumbed, but a new demand on funds (a.k.a. "Minerva Pannier Tank") dictates otherwise. ;)

... but very much looking forward to the particular Type 2 I hope one of them will be!! :yes: :D

• Like 1

Non reliable type 2?, Co-Bo would be better then! (runs off and hides behind a pall of 2 stroke diesel fumes!!!!)

JF

Count me in for one o' them :yes:

But it must have a motor!

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 1

Non reliable type 2?, Co-Bo would be better then! (runs off and hides behind a pall of 2 stroke diesel fumes!!!!)

JF

You know why they were so unreliable Jon?

Engine made on t' wrong side o' t' hills mate! :jester:

Edited by leopardml2341

2016 has been an expensive old year ( just looking at powered things, I've had a Fowler, a 08, and a Victory. With a 15 on order. Next year, well an 48ds will be required as will the 05. Any more industrials or Lord forbid a D84xx will be a severe pain in the pocket !

Perfect, everyone is going to buy one of these, unless they want both versions....several ran on the Big Railway in Departmental use [signal & PW depots] so the 'too small' argument doesn't wash. See current MLI 222. The MoD/Army were big users so handy for those Army/munitions depot sidings. Then myriads of industrial users and preserved lines. Even narrow [3ft/metre] gauge and exported internationally. Looks very well engineered and 'Built in Britain'! What's not to like?

Dava

Totally agree with so that, I'm going to break my rule for this one and will commit to a pre-order! It's my favourite diesel prototype and I cannot wait for it to come along :)

Mind I wonder whether Steve can be persuaded to do a 3ft gauge version ;)