Little Loco Company - Ruston 48DS

The Nth Degree

For subsequent models we will change our announcement policy, removing development statements, expected delivery dates and anything time specific. There always seems to be some unexpected issue that crops up, and delays just cause me to stress out, but also damages LLCs reputation. We will announce the Type 2 with loose delivery dates and then after this we'll only announce models when parts are rolling off the machines.

Steve,

This makes me happy.

Kind regards,

Paul

• Like 2

I couldn't possibly say. All I can say is that we are working very closely with a group who are building an extinct loco, and in turn we will make a substantial donation to their cause. Watch this space in the next couple weeks...

Edited by The Nth Degree
  • Like 3

To avoid any preproduction errors as much as possible we set up working groups of people with in-depth knowledge of the prototypes being developed. If you have particular knowledge of a specific loco (or wagon, coach or DMU) we would be very happy to hear from you to add to our working group pool.

My 'in depth knowledge' of Class 22s is that D6320 carried the unofficial name "Lister", & only on one side. :D

Somehow, I doubt that that would qualify me to join :( - IF (& it may be a big 'IF') the Type 2 was going to be a 22, of course. :dontknow:

• Like 1

Anyone on the Project 22 Facebook page last night would have seen a very good 3D graphic of a 22 model bogie.........so it's a baby Deltic then....

Not :-)

I saw that too. Looks really nice. Prototypical drive system within the fully detailed bogie. Someone has spent a lot of time engineering that...

• Like 3

I saw that too. Looks really nice. Prototypical drive system within the fully detailed bogie. Someone has spent a lot of time engineering that...

Oh yes, the 3D is breathtakingly wonderful, never seen a diesel bogie that is as prototypical as that, now who's done it I wonder ? Haven't a clue !

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Oh yes, the 3D is breathtakingly wonderful, never seen a diesel bogie that is as prototypical as that, now who's done it I wonder ? Haven't a clue !

That would be DJM then? There was one in N Gauge....

Dava

Anyone on the Project 22 Facebook page last night would have seen a very good 3D graphic of a 22 model bogie.........so it's a baby Deltic then....

Not :-)

Gentlemen, gentlemen, order please...

A couple of facts if I may be so bold.

The CL22 was a North British loco with MAN engines and hydraulic transmission.

Known in some circles as Baby Warships, although a less common term.

The CL23 was an English Electric loco with a Napier engine.

Known widely as a Baby Deltic.

Key points are that the CL22 was western region based, CL23 was eastern region based.

Both classes are/were extinct and therefore both candidates for frothing....

Projects currently exist for recreation of both types.

The key pointers here are the engine and transmissions, that will be the differentiator once all is known...

The case for the defence rests M'lud...

• Like 1

Sorry Low Decker, if you look at the 3D image it's obviously a 22, it's fitted with spoked wheels. I was just slightly pulling the legs of those on here who were hoping for a BD.

Project 22 is building a 22, they would hardly put up images of a 23 bogie would they ? They have let the cat out of the bag, either by accident or design.

Steve has said that the mystery type 2 has no ER connections. He has also recently said the new loco has " 8 versions of the nose to consider "

The prosecution rests its case....:-)

I'm a bit wiser now and the Project 22 is a very interesting and laudable venture.  For those who were/are as mystified as I was:  http://project22society.co.uk/ (assuming this is what we're talking about).  A Class 22 is somewhat out of region for me but I am watching with interest.  After all I did buy a WR AC Railbus.

John

Steve has said that the mystery type 2 has no ER connections. He has also recently said the new loco has " 8 versions of the nose to consider "

What are the 8 versions?

I'm no 'oil slosher' expert, but I can't think of 8 versions of a Class 22 nose.

I just knew someone would ask this question ! Not any kind of expert myself and off the top of my head I can only guess of 5 major differences but I think those wanting to find some info can wade through these.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/51518-class-22-detail-variation/page-2

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/1150-Dapol-class-22/?&fromsearch=1

Have fun !

Sorry Low Decker, if you look at the 3D image it's obviously a 22, it's fitted with spoked wheels. I was just slightly pulling the legs of those on here who were hoping for a BD.

Project 22 is building a 22, they would hardly put up images of a 23 bogie would they ? They have let the cat out of the bag, either by accident or design.

Hi Toffee,

Of course, I would agree that a CL22 recreation group would naturally show CAD model of its own items.

But I was simply highlighting the major differences between the types.

Also agreed that it was previously stated that the new LLC model would not be an ER based loco.

I just hoped it wouldn't be a CL22.

Plea for clemency from the dock M'lud.

Prisoner in the dock,

Taking your previous good behaviour into account the court accepts your plea for clemency.

Case dismissed.

I'm going to look really stupid now if it turns up a Baby Deltic !!!! Mad, quite mad ;:-)

John.

I'm going to look really stupid now if it turns up a Baby Deltic !!!! Mad, quite mad ;:-)

John.

Especially since earlier in the thread, it was stated that the model in question has no connection with the Eastern Region :mosking:

• RMweb Premium

These GW/Western Region modellers must have pots of money to buy their pannier/prairie/mogul/14xx steam and Western/Warship/?cl22 hydraulics...and DMUs...there is a wall of Western RTR coming down the line! Just saying as I don't personally need any more locos, just time to build a layout and some kits. Good to see some BR & earlier wagons coming through from Dapol.

Dava

These GW/Western Region modellers must have pots of money to buy their pannier/prairie/mogul/14xx steam and Western/Warship/?cl22 hydraulics...and DMUs...there is a wall of Western RTR coming down the line! Just saying as I don't personally need any more locos, just time to build a layout and some kits. Good to see some BR & earlier wagons coming through from Dapol.

Dava

Guilty as charged ! Whilst not being a WR modeller I do think the small stuff is very attractive, mind so do you as I remember seeing the railbus on your model !

I'm proposing a series of micro layouts, mine will be a WR China clay 60s with a railbus, railcar, 63xx, warship. Col Stephens with a Terrier and a Hudswell Clarke and a couple of connoisseur coaches, and a 60s BR scrap siding which could have anything but mine will have a Fowler and a 15. I'll just move between layouts as the mood takes me !

It's not all bad for the others is it ? I mean the ER chap has a 15, 20, 25, 31, 37, 40, in diesels and I'm not sure in steam, like wise the LMs will have a Jinty. I'm sure more branch line power will appear in the near future from all directions for the 0 scale man.

As you say it's stock we want, and the recent Dapol and Lionheart wagons are brilliant. We really need a 4/6 wheel coach now to follow the Light Railway theme.

We have come an amazing distance in a very short time I feel. Well done to all the manufacturers.

• Like 3

These GW/Western Region modellers must have pots of money to buy their pannier/prairie/mogul/14xx steam and Western/Warship/?cl22 hydraulics...and DMUs..

I don't have pots of money :( "but"... the thing about all this new R-T-R O scale stuff is that you don't need as much money as you did just a few years back. Many's the time I looked at the price of the Tower brass 8750 Pannier, and just could not justify £500 for it.

Even the price of loco kits adds up when wheels, gears and motors are added; then you have two golden opportunities to make a complete Horlicks of a kit; firstly in it's construction, and then in it's painting. 

The current crop of locos at-or-around the £200 mark has been a Game Changer for O Scale, and though I expect LLC's Type 2 to be rather more than that, I bet it'll still knock spots off Heljan diesel prices, even with the usual discounts!! *thought* = has anyone actually ever paid full RRP for a Heljan diesel??  :fool:  :sarcastichand:

• Like 2