Little Loco Company - Ruston 48DS

The Nth Degree

These GW/Western Region modellers must have pots of money to buy their pannier/prairie/mogul/14xx steam and Western/Warship/?cl22 hydraulics...and DMUs...there is a wall of Western RTR coming down the line! Just saying as I don't personally need any more locos, just time to build a layout and some kits. Good to see some BR & earlier wagons coming through from Dapol.

Dava

You forgot to add a Class D600 and Class 14 Teddy RTR as well

• RMweb Premium

You forgot to add a Class D600 and Class 14 Teddy RTR as well

What, RTR? I know people want a class 14 [your handle gives it away], but a D600? Why?

As Victor Mildred would have said, 'I don't believe it!'

I see Tower are discounting 'Falcon's' to clear, we may see more of this with the future unsold outputs of the Heljan factory I suspect.

Back to the LLC thread, I would hope the astute owner and more innovative design, drive, technology & detail we've seen so far with the class 15 will continue to appeal to the market. Just waiting for the 48DS now. The U.K - sourced supply chain is promising even at a price premium.

Dava

• Like 1

What, RTR? I know people want a class 14 [your handle gives it away], but a D600? Why?

As Victor Mildred would have said, 'I don't believe it!'

I see Tower are discounting 'Falcon's' to clear, we may see more of this with the future unsold outputs of the Heljan factory I suspect.

Back to the LLC thread, I would hope the astute owner and more innovative design, drive, technology & detail we've seen so far with the class 15 will continue to appeal to the market. Just waiting for the 48DS now. The U.K - sourced supply chain is promising even at a price premium.

Dava

DJH have doing a RTR Class 14 Ted for a while in O gauge and yes a RTR D600 would be great and complete the hydraulic range.

Yes you’re can get it in a kit from JLTRT but by the time you get the kit and bits to go with it your not far off a grand.

Edited by TEDDYBEAR D9521

Have you seen 1) the price, and 2) the *ahem*, er... "quality" of the DJH Class 14..??!!

Fear not; a decent, affordable R-T-R Class 14 will be made available just as soon as I finish my PRMRP kit. :yes: :banghead:

Then again, that could be a decade off, yet, who knows?!? :blush:

What are the 8 versions?

I'm no 'oil slosher' expert, but I can't think of 8 versions of a Class 22 nose.

Definately about 8 , if you include the pilot scheme locos -  theres two very distinct sizes of headcode boxes  , at least a solid six variations on the production locos - then of course there's a few that that were different at each end  - a rather unfriendly class of locos for RTR manufacturers-  but they are charming looking things.

Jon

post-6893-0-48964600-1508590421_thumb.jpg

a quick snap from some jltrt instructions -  these are production loco noses, but there's one more version not shown with different headcode boxes,  and as mentioned before , the pilot scheme locos are different again.

Jon

Edited by 43179
  • Like 5

attachicon.gifDSCF1661.JPG

a quick snap from some jltrt instructions -  these are production loco noses, but there's one more version not shown with different headcode boxes,  and as mentioned before , the pilot scheme locos are different again.

Jon

Welcome to "Know your Class 22 - Lesson 1". :yes:

At the time of their introduction, steam enthusiasts just dismissed diesels as "boxes on wheels". Some still do, of course. :rolleyes: :D

• Like 3

Another 3D graphic on the Project 22 fb page this week. A stunning shot of the detail on the side of the body of the model, I am going to have a massive hole in my pocket as I'll want to have 2 of them. Not bothered who's making it, I just want it !!

Another 3D graphic on the Project 22 fb page this week. A stunning shot of the detail on the side of the body of the model, I am going to have a massive hole in my pocket as I'll want to have 2 of them. Not bothered who's making it, I just want it !!

Does this FB page specifically say it's a 7mm scale model, though? Of course Dapol do it R-T-R in 2mm & 4mm, there's the JLTRT kit in 7mm and the Fred Phipps kit in 10mm... just thinking over the options available, you understand.

Edit. & I know it was rumoured Dapol would do it in 7mm, following on from the success of their acclaimed smaller scale 22s. Those rumours were one reason I sold my Steve Beattie 22 - while it was still worth something, as due to my efforts cobbling it together, it looked almost, but not quite, like a 22.

Edited by F-UnitMad
  • Like 1

Late with the news, but to confirm it's been stated on the Project 22 FB page that's it 7mm.

Great news what liveries and when can we order?????

Hold fire a minute... ok so it says 7mm; does it say who's making it? No good asking on the Little Loco Co Thread how we order, if it's being made by Dapol.!!

... & if it is being made by Dapol, ask which year it's supposed to be available, & add another 5 to the answer! :mad: :shout: :banghead:

Hold fire a minute... ok so it says 7mm; does it say who's making it? No good asking on the Little Loco Co Thread how we order, if it's being made by Dapol.!!

... & if it is being made by Dapol, ask which year it's supposed to be available, & add another 5 to the answer! :mad: :shout: :banghead:

Dapol why do you think it's Dapol they have nothing to with it the LLC are dealing with it and the factory direct.

Great news what liveries and when can we order?????

Eh? There's absolutely nothing to associate LLC with a simple statement that the 3D graphic is 7mm.

Anyone can produce a graphic image and say it's (scaled at) 7mm........

:banghead:

Edited by leopardml2341

The quality of the cad work and drive system leads me to believe it is the LLC project we are waiting for. Of course it could be Dapol or another ex Dapol employee owned company.

In any case the Project 22 group do not have anything to gain by posting CAD work of an upcoming 7mm loco if it is just vapourware.

So whoever is making it, a 7mm class 22 is on the horizon and a jolly good one too by the looks of it.

Dapol why do you think it's Dapol they have nothing to with it the LLC are dealing with it and the factory direct.

I didn't say I think it's Dapol; it's just a "what if", rather than jumping to conclusions. I do hope it IS done by LLC, but despite the hints that do seem to point that way, Steve has yet to officially announce what the LLC Type 2 will be.