Little Loco Company - Ruston 48DS

The Nth Degree

Why not?

If I knew the answer to my question, I would probably be able to answer your question post-17823-0-50715100-1515610831.gif

Note the phrase "..for Group members" has been added to the post since I commented.  Had those words been there earlier, perhaps I would not have asked the question - I could now imagine it might be a reward for those group members who may have been actively involved in the development of the model or supported the project in some way.

I was confident enough in the manufacturer and product to place an order without the picture - maybe some others would benefit from additional promotional material such as this picture before committing?  Which can only help sales?  Or am I missing something?

There are plenty of dinosaurs like me out there still.

post-17823-0-17801200-1515613853.gif

Edited by Osgood
  • Like 1

It was only a tiny snippet to tease, certainly not a full image.

The model will be going in the factory tomorrow to start tooling. I'm away all weekend, but when I get back I'll make an official announcement in glorious full colour. I hope you all love as much as I do. It's certainly taken a lot out of Nikki and I designing it.

Can someone provide a link please-I find facebook very muddled.

Thanks,

CME

I have no idea how to link to a post on FB. If you're a member, and there's absolutely no reason that I would reject anyone who wanted to join, you'll be able to see it as the second post down in the group.

Even though I've been on FB for years I still don't really know how to work it!

It was only a tiny snippet to tease, certainly not a full image.

The model will be going in the factory tomorrow to start tooling. I'm away all weekend, but when I get back I'll make an official announcement in glorious full colour. I hope you all love as much as I do. It's certainly taken a lot out of Nikki and I designing it.

Looking forward to it.

I had a look-as an occassional FB user and I couldnt find it (unless it was the motor-bogie CAD, which I thought Id seen before?), I always find that with FB, one cant see the wood for the trees! I, just about, understand why folk use it for business.....LOL!

ATVB

CME

I have no idea how to link to a post on FB. If you're a member, and there's absolutely no reason that I would reject anyone who wanted to join, you'll be able to see it as the second post down in the group.

Even though I've been on FB for years I still don't really know how to work it!

Thanks anyway....

......All I could find is an indicator winder handle LOL!

ATVB

CME

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Because it limits what people can see. Facebook blocked when I am at work for example...

Roy

Forgive me asking what may be a stupid question, but when you’re at work, aren’t you supposed to, um, work?

• RMweb Gold

Forgive me asking what may be a stupid question, but when you’re at work, aren’t you supposed to, um, work?

Shouldn't that have been "Forgive me trotting out the same old statement?" :jester: 

Seriously, I have breaks (as do most people) but most of the time I am working at secure sites where the internet access is very limited and, at quite a few, mobile phones are not allowed. So, whilst I can view the likes of RMWeb, facebook, youtube, twitter etc. are not allowed and the hassle/time for getting off-site to use a phone makes it not worth the effort.

Roy

Shouldn't that have been "Forgive me trotting out the same old statement?" :jester: 

Seriously, I have breaks (as do most people) but most of the time I am working at secure sites where the internet access is very limited and, at quite a few, mobile phones are not allowed. So, whilst I can view the likes of RMWeb, facebook, youtube, twitter etc. are not allowed and the hassle/time for getting off-site to use a phone makes it not worth the effort.

Roy

Yup,

Been there done that :)

The LLC class 15.

It was never on my list of 'wants' but an opportunity to buy one at a knockdown price was too good to miss, even if it wasn't the desired livery, but never one to shy away from doing some modelling, I rectified that over the Christmas hols.

The only choice available was the as built all over green, but as I have no need for one like this it had to change

39357903331_f7f64bf129_z.jpgUntitled by Shane Wilton, on Flickr

I really like the late green with full yellow ends livery, so thats what it became.

39449598981_996d3b8017_z.jpgUntitled by Shane Wilton, on Flickr

25579503578_13db64268e_z.jpgUntitled by Shane Wilton, on Flickr

With a couple of weathered Dapol Hybar wagons, which are also very nice.

27750255239_1fd644f298_z.jpgUntitled by Shane Wilton, on Flickr

cheers

Shane
  • Like 11

The LLC class 15.

It was never on my list of 'wants' but an opportunity to buy one at a knockdown price was too good to miss, even if it wasn't the desired livery, but never one to shy away from doing some modelling, I rectified that over the Christmas hols.

The only choice available was the as built all over green, but as I have no need for one like this it had to change

39357903331_f7f64bf129_z.jpgUntitled by Shane Wilton, on Flickr

I really like the late green with full yellow ends livery, so thats what it became.

39449598981_996d3b8017_z.jpgUntitled by Shane Wilton, on Flickr

25579503578_13db64268e_z.jpgUntitled by Shane Wilton, on Flickr

With a couple of weathered Dapol Hybar wagons, which are also very nice.

27750255239_1fd644f298_z.jpgUntitled by Shane Wilton, on Flickr

cheers

Shane

Hi Shane,

VERY nice indeed!

Can you tell me-as even after too many years of model making, especially some modern paints-as yellow always seems to fight me, did you use a white primer and then multiple topcoats? And which/whos brand of warning yellow did you use?

Thanks, with kind regards,

CME

Edited by CME and Bottlewasher

I used Precision Paints yellow P148, I always use Halfords white primer as a base.

38669478624_ea4601166c_z.jpgUntitled by Shane Wilton, on Flickr

cheers

Shane

Thanks Shane,

I like Halfords primers and some of the hard to get Tamiya sprays too.

I have a local model-shop who has Prescision paints now and IIRC I understand that the ingredients are set to change (dont quote me though), may I ask how may coats the yellow took? Was it from a rattle can or by airbrush? I have yet to try their yellow.

Thanks again, Kindest,

CME