Little Loco Company - Ruston 48DS

The Nth Degree

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

For those not in the forum its not viewable. Any chance of a screenshot or copy/paste please?

Sorry no as it says 'Posted with Permission' and I have no intention to post something that I personally haven't got permission to do - I've been in a similar situation before and in that case the original poster was quite cross that I had copied something from one forum to another.

Other members of the Guild may have a different opinion and will copy it over for you . . . . . ?

Mike

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, hartleymartin said:

Sorry, I had assumed that they were being made in China at the same sort of place that Minerva and Dapol have been using for their O gauge lines.

Yes I think that was one of the things that Steve wanted to ensure with the Ruston model, that it was all sourced from a UK supply chain. As I understand, the Class 15 was manufactured in China though (happy to be corrected though).  

• RMweb Premium

It's up to LLC to make information available to actual & potential buyers, when they choose to do so. I imagine they'll be very relieved when they have locos to ship.

After my order was cancelled [I think] I decided to wait & see for this one. Also with two other very small Gauge 0 locos anticipated [1 being a limited, possibly once-only run] it may well be an expensive time. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Kris said:

Further update on their Facebook page

The page Kris linked too is open to everyone, you don't need to have a Facebook account to read it ... but for those with an aversion to social media, it simply says:

"We have had conformation that the first consignment of parts for the open cab version of the Ruston are on there way, but we cant confirm a delivery date at the present moment. I will update as soon as we have one. - Nikki"

Pleased to see they are progressing - rough year one way or another for LLC I think! But the Ruston will definitely be worth waiting for, even though I have no use for one!

Rich

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

The page Kris linked too is open to everyone, you don't need to have a Facebook account to read it ... but for those with an aversion to social media, it simply says:

"We have had conformation that the first consignment of parts for the open cab version of the Ruston are on there way, but we cant confirm a delivery date at the present moment. I will update as soon as we have one. - Nikki"

Pleased to see they are progressing - rough year one way or another for LLC I think! But the Ruston will definitely be worth waiting for, even though I have no use for one!

Rich

It has obviously been a tough time recently for LLCo but hopefully 2019 will see great success. With any luck Steve will be rewarded for his hard work and persistence with a fantastic model. I for one have been really excited about this project from the start and am fully behind it. I have no doubt the finished product will be worth the wait :yahoo_mini:

• Agree 1

Sorry all, I don't really like communicating no news. I've been ill over Christmas and January, almost ended up in hospital. A bacterial infection followed immediately by a viral infection. I was just too beat up to do much at all I'm afraid. I'm better now, thankfully.

As Nikki kindly conveyed for me on FB (she's not a member here yet) we had confirmation from the plastics factory that the superstructures of the open cab Ruston will be here in no more than 8 weeks, very possibly sooner. From there they go straight to decoration and sub-assembly. Likewise with the die-casting, we are looking at approx 8-10 weeks for delivery. These are supplied pre-painted so we move straight to sub-assembly on these. The electronics are mostly off the shelf or already in stock at LLC. The only outstanding issue we have is with the machined parts. Four separate UK companies have agreed to produce them and then pulled out, so we are now looking at overseas production, unless anyone knows somebody with a sliding head CNC lathe?

Everything is looking better than it did last year. Originally one factory was going to produce everything but gradually pulled out of producing part after part and then finally assembly. I've now found new suppliers for all the parts they pulled and have a small assembly team based in the UK waiting to receive parts. If necessary I will chisel these models from raw material to get them out so one way or another they will be released.

Apologies again for the lack of comms.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14

27 minutes ago, The Nth Degree said:

Sorry all, I don't really like communicating no news. I've been ill over Christmas and January, almost ended up in hospital. A bacterial infection followed immediately by a viral infection. I was just too beat up to do much at all I'm afraid. I'm better now, thankfully.

As Nikki kindly conveyed for me on FB (she's not a member here yet) we had confirmation from the plastics factory that the superstructures of the open cab Ruston will be here in no more than 8 weeks, very possibly sooner. From there they go straight to decoration and sub-assembly. Likewise with the die-casting, we are looking at approx 8-10 weeks for delivery. These are supplied pre-painted so we move straight to sub-assembly on these. The electronics are mostly off the shelf or already in stock at LLC. The only outstanding issue we have is with the machined parts. Four separate UK companies have agreed to produce them and then pulled out, so we are now looking at overseas production, unless anyone knows somebody with a sliding head CNC lathe?

Everything is looking better than it did last year. Originally one factory was going to produce everything but gradually pulled out of producing part after part and then finally assembly. I've now found new suppliers for all the parts they pulled and have a small assembly team based in the UK waiting to receive parts. If necessary I will chisel these models from raw material to get them out so one way or another they will be released.

Apologies again for the lack of comms.

Steve,

Thank you for the update. There is also no need at all to apologise, your health and well-being is far more important than a toy train!  I am really sorry to hear that you have been unwell and hope you are on the road to recovery now. 

Let us hope that 2019 is a more positive year for you, both personally with regard to health and also for the LOCo business. You have a lot of support from these parts and I for one am fully behind the Ruston project and you will have my full backing. I cannot wait for it to come to fruition and whether that takes 3 months or it is this time next year I know it will be well worth the wait. You deserve the success. 

All the best, take care and I hope the coming months are positive :)

David 

Edited by south_tyne
  • Like 1
  • Agree 8

Get well soon Steve!

It seems like various bugs have knocked lots of us for six.

We had full blown flu atop of other issues and we lost January to it and we're still left exhausted. So much for 'inoculating the herd'. My other half got it from her charges after they'd had live vaccine up their noses (live vaccines should be a thing of the past unless tptb want to thin 'the herd'?).

Model railways have to take their place in the pecking order.

Always a double edged sword communicating progress or lack thereof.

Kind regards,

CME

Edited by CME and Bottlewasher
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Daveloco1 said:

Hi Steve

Any news on progress of the Ruston?

Regards

Dave

I just hope Steve is OK. I've made a few attempts to contact him over recent months but to no avail. It is apparent from Facebook postings that he wasn't very well at the turn of the year, so I have no doubt he has bigger priorities, and rightly so.