Little Loco Company - Class 15

The Nth Degree

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for your continued support and speculation – who wins the kitty?

Well I never actually said what it was but you did give the game away 6 months ago on the Guild Forum . . . . . .

Always good to welcome a new manufacturer and I hope this venture is a great success - and you are to be commended for your commitment to support the Preservation Society.

Mike

Ok, not a Class 22 (yet??!! :D) but other than that, just one word....

WOW..!!!

All in good time, sir, all in good time...

My problem with the NBL locos is there's nobody to donate the money to! I'm currently talking to the Ballast Trust who hold all the plans.

• Like 2

Steve,

I have to say that is a fantastic spec at an incredible price, and I take my hat off to you. I do hope it works out for you and rewards your bravery in taking the project forward.

Good luck!

Richard

Thanks Richard, very kind of you to say. If I ever get to play on Heyside I'll bring one over.

Steve,

I can only agree with everything that has already been said above.However I am delighted by the choice of model and the price.As an old in the teeth DC Analoge  modeller  I was reading the spec thinking oh no all this is going to make it so expensive, but my word in this day and age that is a fantastic price.The very best of luck with this project.

Regards,Derek.

• Like 1

Thanks Derek, I've tried to reuse, and therefore share the cost, of as many components as possible. The sound system can be reused, with only a slight modification, the working headcode discs (which took two months of prototyping!), and a few other parts ensure that I'm not starting from scratch on every model.

I've also tried to include free technology - Plux22 effectively costs no more, but will future-proof your model. The parts of the speaker system cost very little, but is worth quite a lot. Individually controllable lighting costs no more than block lighting. This ensures that those on DC are not penalised by the DCC-oriented spec - it would have cost exactly the same, or within £5.

Steve,

That looks superb. I'm admiring the spec, the price and also strongly support your work with a preservation group. There's some really good ideas in there and you wish you the very best of luck with the project.

Steph

Thanks very much Steph. In a very early outline plan of this model your clever mini gearboxes were going to be used. Unfortunately no other British manufacturers could meet my spec and I reluctantly had to take the project offshore.

I've just got back from the web people. As soon as the DNS have been populated the website should be up and running.

Unfortunately they couldn't complete everything I wanted for today, but over the next week or two everything should be operable.

I've bought me and the little fella some ice cream. We're now off to indulge. Have a great weekend all.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Commendably innovative design, drive, features, delivery, price, all invite (favourable) comparison with Heljan. If 'Kestrel' can sell then a whole class of 44 locos in this range of liveries (no static ETH option!) should do well.

I'm more of a shunter man myself, so future J66-69 or 03 will be of greater interest. But this does make the Heljan 05 look pricey.

Deserves to succeed,

Dava

I'm more of a shunter man myself, so future J66-69 or 03 will be of greater interest. But this does make the Heljan 05 look pricey.

Deserves to succeed,

Dava

Totally agree with that. Personally I am really hoping for a Class 03 in the near future.

Let the wish-listing commence... :lol:

I want a Class 22/D63xx, done as D6320 of course, but as the Class 15 gets working headcode discs (as can early D63xx's) then I don't think it's unreasonable to demand working roller-blind headcode boxes, is it...??!! :sungum: :jester:

For those with total Sense of Humour Bypass, I am only joking about the headcodes..!! :rolleyes:

Edit - and the numbers; I can do that bit myself... ;)

Edited by F-UnitMad

@ The Nth Degree

I hadn't seen this topic so I had started one as a separate thread. IMO I think that should've been left open to discuss the Class 15 only. Anyway, I'm not sure if I will buy one, but it looks too good to resist. Loco has the typical ALCo style design and so brings back memories.

Is the artwork for these done? I am curious to see what BTH15-GDB Green with duck egg blue cab panelsBTH15-LSP Liverpool Street pilot Limited Edition, fully decorated look like. Any prototype photos in colour?

Hello MGR, I also wanted the announcement in a standalone thread to maximise exposure – I think the cause is worth it alone. Where is your thread, I can't find it.

Yes, all CAD/CAM is complete and tooling will start early next week. It will take approx 4 weeks to complete and squeeze out the first test sample, and from there at least one of each livery will be sent over for review. I'm hoping this will be complete within 6 weeks, but it won't take too much longer for full production to ramp up, so keeping my May deadline.

If you can hold on a little longer you can see the actual models in each of their liveries.

Thanks, Steve

• Like 1