Little Loco Company - Class 15

The Nth Degree

We have a visitor...

The Little Loco Company (Nth Degree on here) has lent us one of the pre production O Gauge BTH type 1 (Class 15) locos

post-40-0-57136200-1478551077_thumb.jpg

post-40-0-01827200-1478551079_thumb.jpg

Please don't judge the images too harshly as they are from my humble iPhone... 

It runs beautifully, though, being pre-production, it does have some odds and ends to be ironed out before the final production models are delivered towards the end of the year.

If you want to take a look, it will be on display in the shop from Tomorrow.

We are accepting pre-orders at £375.00

• Like 5

Exciting to see this, very much looking forward to mine.  I have a question about sound decoders.  I know there are no authentic sound files for a Cl 15 but I was wondering if anyone had identified a decoder that is a reasonable facsimile.

John

• Like 1

Yes John, we have an option to include DCC sound with your model. This has been custom-designed by renowned DCC professional Paul Chetter, manufactured by ZIMO, and is a available exclusively through Little Loco Company.

To clarify the above, all of our stockists can also supply your order with our exclusive DCC sound decoder fitted – simply state your preference to them if you have already ordered through a stockist.

The contracted arrangement we have with ZIMO is that our exclusive decoders are not available for any other manufacturer's models.

Edited by The Nth Degree
  • Like 1

Thanks John, I'll follow up your email in a few minutes, but for the benefit of others, we are updating our website tomorrow and over the next couple days to reflect the livery changes and include the decoder option. I'll expand on the livery and other changes in this thread too later, but if you have received Production Update no. 4 you will already know all about it.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Any update on when these will be available?. Duncan

Hello Duncan, in a word, no.

The contracted date is the end of November. Having said that, the contracted date was May, then June, then August. I can assure you that these delays are absolutely nothing to do with me, and if I could change it I would. I'm still holding out for the end of November. I'll be a Reading on the 10th December, so any more delays will make me look like I'm selling tumbleweed.

The final samples arrived earlier this month and we had a little photo shoot. I've only had enough time to work on the images for the ads and website until today, but have managed to squeeze in a couple detail shots too.

post-11337-0-75351700-1479751097.jpg

post-11337-0-19101600-1479751116.jpg

post-11337-0-48973300-1479751129.jpg

• Like 18

Hello Duncan, in a word, no.

The contracted date is the end of November. Having said that, the contracted date was May, then June, then August. I can assure you that these delays are absolutely nothing to do with me, and if I could change it I would. I'm still holding out for the end of November. I'll be a Reading on the 10th December, so any more delays will make me look like I'm selling tumbleweed.

The final samples arrived earlier this month and we had a little photo shoot. I've only had enough time to work on the images for the ads and website until today, but have managed to squeeze in a couple detail shots too.

attachicon.gifrear cab.jpg

attachicon.gifbogie detail.jpg

attachicon.gifcab.jpg

Many thanks for the update, I know it's very frustrating waiting so I won't chase again but as soon as you have any news can you update us as it looks brilliant in the photos. Duncan

Hello, the LSP versions have been cancelled so I can preserve the original price. Due to the turmoils of our currency I had to choose whether to increase the price slightly or cancel one or more liveries, and I'm afraid the LSPs bought it (I originally planned all three LSP liveries, and each cost quite a lot in set-up costs).

As compensation, however, each model comes with a very comprehensive decal sheet to make your own LSP. Simply choose the livery which best suits your chosen prototype and apply the appropriate decals. This has the added advantage of saving you £20.

Below is the decal sheet supplied with every standard model, which covers every single in-service loco that I'm aware of, including the LSPs:

post-11337-0-02123000-1479834071.jpg

• Like 3

Steve

I have one of these on pre-order but if I wanted more than one do I just adjust the order when they arrive and we confirm or do I need to put another reservation in?

regards

Hello, the order editing process is way more complex than I'd hoped, so simply let me know how you'd like to change your order and I'll do it for you. You should receive an automated email letting you know if the changes.

Thank you!

Hello, yes a custom-designed decoder by Paul Chetter and ZIMO is being prepared as we speak and will be delivered at the end of this month. This will be pre-fitted to any model specified for only £100 extra.

The web people are still working on the website, but I hope that it will be complete early next week with the DCC option available on the reservation page. In the meantime, if you have a reservation I can amend it to include the DCC decoder. Simply email me with your order number.

Thanks, Steve

Stephen, any news on a pre Christmas delivery?

Pre-Christmas is guaranteed, but how long before Christmas is the question!

The agreement with the factory was end of November, so we will see. I'll get an update from China tonight so I'll have a better idea then. I am slightly peaved that other's models are leaving the factory that were started AFTER mine, but what can I do. A big lesson learned.

Hello Steve, I've pre-ordered a Class 15, but can't afford the sound right now. Would I be able to buy just the chip later, having proof of purchase of the loco?

Rgds,

Absolutely Andy, as long as you retain your proof of purchase you can buy the decoder any time, as long as they are in stock. I've ordered plenty so you have some time on your side.

Absolutely Andy, as long as you retain your proof of purchase you can buy the decoder any time, as long as they are in stock. I've ordered plenty so you have some time on your side.

I'm just wondering why you would need to have a proof of purchase to buy a decoder? Are they being sold at less than market value as a loss leader? Or is there something special that means you can only use this decoder with a Little Loco model.

Norman

I'm just wondering why you would need to have a proof of purchase to buy a decoder? Are they being sold at less than market value as a loss leader? Or is there something special that means you can only use this decoder with a Little Loco model.

Norman

See post #352, not too far back!