Little Loco Company - Class 15

The Nth Degree

Hello Norman, the chip is supplied to Little Loco on an exclusive basis - i.e. not to be sold separately. If I were to sell this separately I would then need to agree a retailer agreement with ZIMO, and this is not something that Little Loco Company is geared up to do.

All of the planned releases of exclusive decoders will be available on this basis. I hope that helps.

Steve

I'm sure a sound project produced by Paul Chetter will be excellent. But that does not answer my question about commercial availability.

Post #352, specifically states ".....a custom-designed decoder...." which is the hardware upon which the 'sound project' resides - the two are somewhat different methinks?

Hello Norman, the chip is supplied to Little Loco on an exclusive basis - i.e. not to be sold separately. If I were to sell this separately I would then need to agree a retailer agreement with ZIMO, and this is not something that Little Loco Company is geared up to do.

Hi Steve

OK now I understand.

Post #352, specifically states ".....a custom-designed decoder...." which is the hardware upon which the 'sound project' resides - the two are somewhat different methinks?

Hi

Does this mean that a standard PluX22 either sound or non-sound decoder will not fit the Little Loco class 15?  I thought the whole purpose of having standard interfaces was to ensure compatibility.

I prefer Steve's explanation.

Hi

Does this mean that a standard PluX22 either sound or non-sound decoder will not fit the Little Loco class 15?  I thought the whole purpose of having standard interfaces was to ensure compatibility.

I prefer Steve's explanation.

Preference noted.

All I wanted to know was that if I couldn't (afford to) buy the sound fitted version at initial order, could I buy the decoder later as it will only be available thro' Little Loco.

Steve answered my question too; I knew, by reading this forum and the Little Loco website, that the decoder and its associated sound project were to be OEM specific and available only thro' Little Loco.

For me, through experience, the Zimo decoder and Paul Chetter's sound projects meet my needs entirely. I'm sure there may well be other options available  - but why complicate matters?

Preference noted.

All I wanted to know was that if I couldn't (afford to) buy the sound fitted version at initial order, could I buy the decoder later as it will only be available thro' Little Loco.

Steve answered my question too; I knew, by reading this forum and the Little Loco website, that the decoder and its associated sound project were to be OEM specific and available only thro' Little Loco.

For me, through experience, the Zimo decoder and Paul Chetter's sound projects meet my needs entirely. I'm sure there may well be other options available  - but why complicate matters?

The custom design is relating to the project - the hardware MX645P22 is a standard item, albeit a recent addition to the variety of interfaces. In theory it should make fitting a decoder and additions like stay alive, other functions for extra lights etc simpler.

• RMweb Gold

Just a lovely image I've come across that I've not seen before the of Class 15s - stood at Doncaster, between the 'Plant' and the station ... may provide some incentive for somebody modelling non London areas!

Rich

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mark-walker/29909253373/in/pool-1875459@N21/

• Like 2

Just a lovely image I've come across that I've not seen before the of Class 15s - stood at Doncaster, between the 'Plant' and the station ... may provide some incentive for somebody modelling non London areas!

Rich

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mark-walker/29909253373/in/pool-1875459@N21/

What a lovely photo, curiously by narrowing down the picture to just the loco and the shed it gets very close to a late 60s micro I'm building now of which the 82er will play a big part. Does anyone have any info on the history of the one road shed ? E.g. Original purpose, purpose when the photo was taken, yard shunter loco shed ? Does the shed still exist ?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

What a lovely photo, curiously by narrowing down the picture to just the loco and the shed it gets very close to a late 60s micro I'm building now of which the 82er will play a big part. Does anyone have any info on the history of the one road shed ? E.g. Original purpose, purpose when the photo was taken, yard shunter loco shed ? Does the shed still exist ?

I've asked the same question as what the shed was for myself! Doesn't exist any more, suspect it went with the track changes and resign along in the 70s.

Rich

Pre-Christmas is guaranteed, but how long before Christmas is the question!

The agreement with the factory was end of November, so we will see. I'll get an update from China tonight so I'll have a better idea then. I am slightly peaved that other's models are leaving the factory that were started AFTER mine, but what can I do. A big lesson learned.

Ok, no one seems to want to ask the question so I'll put my head over the parapet. Do you have an update on when these locos will arrive? A google search on surface transits from China to UK gives 25-30 days so unless they are in transit now, Christmas availability is unlikely. I have ordered and paid for my loco on the basis that I could collect it on my short visit to U.K. at Christmas but it now looks like I'll be going home empty handed.

I realise that you're a victim as well but up to date news, even if bad is preferable to no news.

B

Ok, no one seems to want to ask the question so I'll put my head over the parapet. Do you have an update on when these locos will arrive? A google search on surface transits from China to UK gives 25-30 days so unless they are in transit now, Christmas availability is unlikely. I have ordered and paid for my loco on the basis that I could collect it on my short visit to U.K. at Christmas but it now looks like I'll be going home empty handed.

I realise that you're a victim as well but up to date news, even if bad is preferable to no news.

B

Hello B, I am waiting for news myself, so all I can do is let everyone know as soon as I do. Nobody is more disappointed than me, I can assure you - it's already 6 months late. Having been promised that at least half the consignment would arrive by the end of the month I was hopeful. They still have about three hours for my shipping agent to let me know they have landed at Heathrow...

It's pretty safe to assume two things: they will not be arriving in three hours and I won't be using this factory again.

There's still hope that they will arrive in time for Reading, or I would have arranged childcare for my 6-year old son, purchased trade space and an expensive stand for nothing.

• Like 1

Hello, I have still not heard anything from the factory. In fact, they are not answering my or my shipping agents emails. Previously they were simply not answering the phone, but now they have turned their phone off.

It is looking extremely unlikely they will be turning up for Reading. I can do nothing but apologise.

Steve

• Like 1

Hello, I have still not heard anything from the factory. In fact, they are not answering my or my shipping agents emails. Previously they were simply not answering the phone, but now they have turned their phone off.

It is looking extremely unlikely they will be turning up for Reading. I can do nothing but apologise.

Steve

Steve,

Very sad to hear of your escalating disappointments, I'm sure all of us eagerly awaiting the model share your dismay.

As I said earlier, the wait will be worth it.

You have nothing to apologise for,

Bob

Steve I hope very much that Reading can be rescued but these things are out of your control we all put faith in people but they often let you down. We are all looking forward to getting the loco, let's hope you are able to get in contact with them next week. Sorry you had the expense of getting a stand at Reading I am sure those going will show support and encouragement to keep going. Duncan

Those of you who have specifically reserved models to pick up at Reading will have received an email confirming that they will definitely not be ready. We've received some very interesting emails from the factory when pressed extremely hard for the reason for all the delays. I can't go into that right now, however.

On the stand we will still have the decorated samples and a running DCC sample on our rolling road so you can see and hear it.

Also, specially-made samples of our next models will be available to view. These will be made entirely within the UK. We're very excited about this for many reasons, but the technical challenges were a real head scratcher. You'll see what I mean when you see the prototype we've chosen and the level of detail it contains.

Steve

• Like 2

Sorry to hear of the delay at least you have news so it's better than nothing, any chance of a video on Saturday so those of us that can't get to the show can hear the loco and of course pictures of your next project will be very welcome. Thanks for the update. Duncan