Little Loco Company - Class 15

The Nth Degree

............. We've received some very interesting emails from the factory when pressed extremely hard for the reason for all the delays..............

Steve

I know!

The dog ate the CAD files :jester:

Thanks for letting us know though.

Rgds

On the stand we will still have the decorated samples and a running DCC sample on our rolling road so you can see and hear it.

reminds me of taking your dog into the butcher's shop to show him the sausages, but not letting him have any...

My brother in law set up a factory in China.  After operating successfully for a while, deliveries started to dry up and then ceased altogether.  Emails and phone calls went unanswered.  Eventually he and the partners jumped on a plane, rode in a taxi, arrived at the factory gates...

only to find the place empty.  According to the locals, 'someone' had thieved the lot and set up shop in a different special economic zone.  Needless to say, the local Party were not interested, nor the police, nor anyone else... .

• RMweb Gold

Hi Steve,

I know you said you were going to unveil your next model at Reading this coming weekend - when can we expect an online unveiling for those of us that can't make Reading? Looking forward to hearing where your going next, especially as it's UK built!

Rich

PS Don't let the delays get you down, your being very open with people about what's happening, and that only builds trust and confidence in what your doing. It's a learning curve, and the various aspects of this project will just show you what to do, and what not to do (lol!) in the future.

Thank you very much for your support everyone. I keep reminding myself about what this is all mostly for - to support preservation groups, volunteers and societies that keep our railway heritage preserved for future generations. That usually keeps me on the straight and narrow.

After Reading I will post pictures from the show and the CAD. We're still working on the PCB, which affects the position of the motor and gearbox, so the 3D printed prototype will be empty of running gear. I won't have time to paint it so it may be difficult to work out the details on the printed model, but you can see everything on the CAD.

I'm still looking, but I haven't found a smaller ready to run full DCC sound model in O gauge anywhere - especially with this much detail.

• Like 3

Steve,

As others have said, don't let the delays get to you, it'll be worth the wait for everyone concerned and anyone who is reasonable understands the situation.

I cannot wait to hear about, and see, the next loco too :) it sounds like it is going to be a fantastic little model!!

Keep up the good work!!

• RMweb Gold

I'm still looking, but I haven't found a smaller ready to run full DCC sound model in O gauge anywhere - especially with this much detail.

Very intrigued Steve,

My wallet is complaining of pains because it feels your going to cost me more money!!!

Rich

Type 2 ? Nah, what we want is a small but wonderfull ( very small ) 0-4-0 diesel shunter that would fit in with all that has been released in the last couple of years, in fact my scrapyard demands it to move my 16Ts around !! Type 2 can come later. :-)

• Like 1

Please could someone who was at Reading yesterday kindly let the rest of us know, that couldn't make it there, what the new Little Loco Company release will be?

If there was an announcement it has been very low key, I can't find any reference to it.

Seconded. The silence is deafening!!

Bob

If there was an announcement it has been very low key, I can't find any reference to it.

Seconded. The silence is deafening!!

Bob

Could this possibly be because Steve rather had his hands full at the show yesterday, and as today's Sunday, he's probably sat with his feet up enjoying a well-deserved rest and a cup of tea...?

I'm sure an announcement will be along in due course - as he said it would be...

• Like 1

Yes, it's the Ruston - there was a basic model in white plastic on the stand which has got me hooked - it's the only standard gauge engine I've ever driven. I think it's a really clever choice for the next model, and probably one that few would have predicted, including me. The chap on the stand - presumably Steve though I don't know him - said he was going to fit full DCC sound inside the bonnet so the cab would be completely clear. Bring it on!

The Class 15 looked superb, a really top quality product.

Peter KIRTLEY MODEL BUILDINGS

Edited by kirtleypete
  • Like 1

Could this possibly be because Steve rather had his hands full at the show yesterday, and as today's Sunday, he's probably sat with his feet up enjoying a well-deserved rest and a cup of tea...?

I'm sure an announcement will be along in due course - as he said it would be...

Ok I am sure a well earned rest is due, but the question was aimed at attendees at Reading, did no one go?

I live 2000 miles from Reading so the silence is not only deafening but also frustrating.

Bob