Class 43 Photos HST 🇬🇧, XPT 🇦🇺 & HST 🇲🇽

• RMweb Gold
On 24/10/2020 at 01:14, big jim said:

It’s a bit of a strange one as it lists the various coaches that can be worked in the NMT and it says “975814 conference car - no notable features”

However in the train speeds section it says “if 975814 is not in the formation then speed is restricted to below 10mph below line speed” 

The same rule applies to 977994 Too

Could it be because of the carriage weights and the effect upon brake force? Having been fortunate enough to have been aboard the NMT a couple of times, the conference coach is pretty much an empty shell with a table and a few chairs; therefore lighter so the brakes are going to be more effective. The other usual NMT carriages have a significant amount of equipment aboard therefore likely to be heavier and more demanding upon the braking force.

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, Steadfast said:

Makes sense using power cars then, 37s no good for 100!

Jo

yep, it always felt a bit hairy with a pair of 37s on the plp train at full chat, I remember a driver who was conducting me down the welsh marches holding on for dear life and saying ‘i don’t like this’ on the 90mph bits between Hereford and Newport! 

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

Pics are starting to leak of the LSL Blue Pullman.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/855361224559921/permalink/3747257445370270/

(Don't know if this is accessible for everyone or FB users only)

Due to move from Eastleigh to Crewe  late tomorrow and then test running Crewe-Carnforth-Rugby-Crewe next week.

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

36 minutes ago, Banger Blue said:

I presume they have also upgraded the headlights to the latest group standards to get away with not having a yellow warning panel on the front?

I may be wrong, and I can't find the relevant group standard to check at this moment in time, but I thought to have no yellow end it needed both headlights illuminated?

Only one headlamp is illuminated, all the rest are markers.

Jo

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Banger Blue said:

I presume they have also upgraded the headlights to the latest group standards to get away with not having a yellow warning panel on the front?

Its got a new headlight in the top centre of the cab front, above the window.

given the closeness of Hornby to LSL, i’m guessing it’ll be in next years catalog.

Edited by adb968008

43 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Its got a new headlight in the top centre of the cab front, above the window.

given the closeness of Hornby to LSL, i’m guessing it’ll be in next years catalog.

That looks very much like an LED marker not a headlight, so is potentially no more compliant than a Pendolino or as built 66 (ie 3 markers, one headlight)

Jo

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Phil Mc said:

Did they run out of Orange warning stripe ??!!  :lol:

cheers,

Phil.

Apparently they were still finishing it when they turned up to collect it and yes the stripe was one of the things not finished 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, nightstar.train said:

I’m rather surprised it only has one catering vehicle/bun truck. As it’s supposed to be a high class Pullman dining experience I’d expect two really. 

Not everyone gets to eat.

its a combination of First Class and Pullman Dining.

They just need a Maroon Western now, to rescue it if it fails.

Cant wait to see it, on its Inagural run in 2 weeks.

Edited by adb968008

To be completely honest I'm not sure about the front end. The lack of yellow and the fact the windscreen and headlight areas are white makes it look odd. 

Think I need to see more pictures of it in the daylight. 

Edited by LNERandBR

4 hours ago, LNERandBR said:

To be completely honest I'm not sure about the front end. The lack of yellow and the fact the windscreen and headlight areas are white makes it look odd. 

Think I need to see more pictures of it in the daylight. 

I can tell you were not around in the 1960s to see the original blue pullman with white window area...... and without a yellow front :)