ย 

Class 43 Photos HST ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง, XPT ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ & HST ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฝ

Last journey for some HST coaches last week, a consignment from Dundee to Booths at Rotherham. I think the coaches had been used temporarily by Scotrail while other were still being refurbished.

The coaches are being hauled by a loco older than the coaches being scrapped, and are surrounded by barrier/brake force coaches also older than the coaches being scrapped!

ย 

They let it through Swinton ahead of a TransPennine to Manchester, but held it at the signal between Masboro and Holmesย while the TP overtook via Rotherham Central. Otherwise another 10-15 mins delay while the reversal took place over Holmes crossing:

1892397909_TPdiversion.jpg.4e4a6de91a4d14b93702582071cfb77a.jpg

ย 

The train then pulls forward so that it clears a groundย signal near the bridge visible here, then reverses with in this case a lookout seen here riding in the rear coach. I've seen trains of other stock arriving where the train is walked in by someone on the ground:

1053805041_Backingin.jpg.90429840f9da37a1be266de9b5e2c9c6.jpg

ย 

And entering the siding into Booths:

1857968866_Backingin2.jpg.07a19e053b65827b1da47bbeb1186035.jpg

Edited by eastwestdivide
typo
  • Like 12

On 13/04/2021 at 19:10, slg said:

Just spotted this on railcam uksย twitter page

Today was its first day in service...EMR partnered it with their other celeb 43102, which was on the south end this evening. I snapped it at Ratcliffe as it powered away from East Midlands Parkway with the 1B69 Notts to St Pancras. Unfortunately, I was using the pole at 7.5m so my panning for the back shot left a lot to be desired.....

ย 

(Photos embedded from Flickr - click for info)

EMR IC 43102 T&T 43274 - Ratcliffe

EMR 43274 - Ratcliffe

EMR 43274 - Ratcliffe

Thanks,

Jack.

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, Jack374 said:

Today was its first day in service...EMR partnered it with their other celeb 43102, which was on the south end this evening. I snapped it at Ratcliffe as it powered away from East Midlands Parkway with the 1B69 Notts to St Pancras. Unfortunately, I was using the pole at 7.5m so my panning for the back shot left a lot to be desired.....

ย 

(Photos embedded from Flickr - click for info)

EMR IC 43102 T&T 43274 - Ratcliffe

EMR 43274 - Ratcliffe

EMR 43274 - Ratcliffe

Thanks,

Jack.

Goodness me Jack, I think that your shots areย pretty impressiveย if you were using your camera atop a pole at 7.5m. ย Be careful though with those power lines in the background. ย Thanks for posting. Kevin (Commoner)

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Hideous livery, going to need yellow panels which will make it worse.ย 

ย 

What exactly are they going to do with them?ย  Luxury rail tours? (that market already saturated and has claimed a fair few new entrant victims over the years), rolling stock movements? (Why do you need HST power cars for moving domestic EMU's around?)

ย 

I can't really see what the idea is, that article is full of smooth talking business talk that doesn't really tell you anything.

ย 

I give it six months...

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

I reckon the rabid frothing I have seen today on social media about these may well turn to disappointment as a lot of people thing these are for UK rail tour use!!ย  Explains the lack of yellow panels.ย  Bit of a non news story really from the UK operations point of view and that article linked to in the previous post is equally unclear, for example, what is this load ofย cobblers:

ย 

What we want to avoid is, for example, using a current product of a locomotive manufacturer to transport the prototype of another competing company, which can lead to conflicts of interest with our customers.

ย 

I just find the whole thing, the way it has been presented as a bit odd....

ย 

-Lastย  night whilst watching the sleeper depart Crewe an HST arrived heading for Holyhead according to the diagram .Now this unit was painted blue with an all over yellow frontย  not seen thisย ย unit before anybody know what was going on?

2 hours ago, Phil Mc said:

Not parked in a great positionย to get pics, this is the best I could manage.....

ย 

ย 

IMG_25554.JPG.6715aa15515c9fb5342f73469e2c4a8d.JPG

ย 

Cheers,

Phil.

Have ย I misunderstood the European numbering system? Thought 70 was owner reg in GB and 80 in Germany, but those are numbered 70 with owner D-RADVE.ย 
Carefully arranged numbers to incorporate the 5-digit power car numbers 43xxx though.ย