Whilst ferreting through the JM Boyes scans I came across this one of a Clayton on the Dunbar-Uddingston working. Whilst most of the wagons are Presflo's the first wagon behind the Brake Van is a Cemflo.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/irishswissernie/27878946077/in/dateposted/

Ernie

• Like 5

Whilst ferreting through the JM Boyes scans I came across this one of a Clayton on the Dunbar-Uddingston working. Whilst most of the wagons are Presflo's the first wagon behind the Brake Van is a Cemflo.

Ernie

There can't have been many more Presflo's out of sight or the Clayton would be showing signed of imminent demise. 

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

There is a news item in the August Railway Modeller about the Cemflo. It does contain an error. We will not be giving a free wagon with each triple pack, we will give the free wagon with every rake deal, which consists of all seven packs of pre TOPS wagons, or all six packs of TOPS wagons. I should have explained the rake deals better in the press release to Railway Modeller and have sent them a note on it.

So, just in case you order a triple pack and wonder why there is not a fourth wagon in the box! 

Cheers,

Fran

Edited by 071

• RMweb Gold

Almost all the photographic evidence I have of the Cliffe - Uddingstone train in 61/62/63 suggests that it was almost exclusively Gloucester built wagons. This covers both steam and SR diesel haulage

Hi Mardle, that would be correct, the Metro Camm wagons came in from 63, so by 63 they would’ve been increasing in number on these trains and beyond.

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by 071

• RMweb Gold
Cracking pics, the first one is of course the Metro Camm which we are doing.

A bit jealous that you got to cab an FP45 too...

Edited by 071
  • Like 1

Cracking pics, the first one is of course the Metro Camm which we are doing.

A bit jealous that you got to cab an FP45 too...

and the last one is the APCM van which you will be doing after the Cemflo ??????????????????????????  :derisive:

• Like 1

and the last one is the APCM van which you will be doing after the Cemflo ??????????????????????????  :derisive:

It'd be a great seller, though !

If you look at how many BLUE CIRCLE model hoppers will be / have been available in recent years, the PALVAN must be about the last of the British Railways era BC stock not covered already.

They were added to rakes of PRESFLOs, PRESTWINs and CEMFLOs, as well as running in rakes themselves.

I hope that common sense will prevail !!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Ernie

Hi Ernie,

Just out of interest how, did you ferret around the J M Boyes scans? John Boyes and I were school friends but I lost touch with him many years ago and then quite recently discovered that he had died.

Geoff Hodson

Not my era but interesting all the same.

Strange motive power. If you ran that on your train set at an exhibition, you'd be laughed at.

There will be those that say the same with a set of 24.5 ton hoppers with a large logo 56 at the front and Railfreight liveried CAR Brake Van at the other!

Mark Saunders

Not my era but interesting all the same.

Strange motive power. If you ran that on your train set at an exhibition, you'd be laughed at.

Perhaps, but Gaugemaster had Bachmann make 504 47406 "Railriders".  (Shame in the photo its not named) Lots of opportunity........

Anyone got a photo of a Class 50 or Class 55 working Cemflo's??????  

Regards,

C.

There will be those that say the same with a set of 24.5 ton hoppers with a large logo 56 at the front and Railfreight liveried CAR Brake Van at the other!

Mark Saunders

Sorry but I don't understand your point.

Read it in the context of an "inter city" liveried 47 on Cemflo's and apparent mixed up liveries/eras!

No mixed up era. Just not my era.

My point is that it was an unusual combination (whatever era) and one which might raise eyebrows at exhibition of a serious layout. This being supported by evidence from the real suggests that there is likely to be a prototype for anything.

Your comment would have been more easily understood (by me) if accompanied by similar evidence, even though it might be considered as off topic for a cemflo related subject.