• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe the lack of froth on this subject.

I expect these models are on the high seas and heading our way.

Why has nobody asked for the name of the ship so that they can watch its journey on some navigation app?

Must be close now lads? We're all starting to giggle in anticipation. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, RBAGE said:

I can't believe the lack of froth on this subject.

I expect these models are on the high seas and heading our way.

Why has nobody asked for the name of the ship so that they can watch its journey on some navigation app?

Must be close now lads? We're all starting to giggle in anticipation. 

Ship? Nah, these travel by air!

Factory ack at work today, so home stretch now, expected end of March.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

On 25/02/2019 at 23:31, 071 said:

Ship? Nah, these travel by air!

Factory ack at work today, so home stretch now, expected end of March.

Cheers!

Fran

First Class, complete with with reclining seat and complimentary food and drink?  

I take it Accurascale is not a carbon neutral company then?

Regards,

C.

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, dogbox321 said:

First Class, complete with with reclining seat and complimentary food and drink?  

I take it Accurascale is not a carbon neutral company then?

Regards,

C.

Well, I don't think any model railway manufacturer can all themselves carbon neutral by any stretch. The way we see it is that it's a scheduled flight that's operating anyway...

Something recyclable is the packinging which were are currently approving. Needs tweaking! This is the box for the single models, which have sold a lot less than we expected. Everybody has gone for at least one three pack, hence we are not doing single wagons for the PCAs etc. Seems the vocal in asking for a single are very much in the minority...

761480889_cemfloboxes.jpg.b6d67ef7462896d01e2c259daa47438c.jpg

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

10 hours ago, 071 said:

Well, I don't think any model railway manufacturer can all themselves carbon neutral by any stretch. The way we see it is that it's a scheduled flight that's operating anyway...

Something recyclable is the packinging which were are currently approving. Needs tweaking! This is the box for the single models, which have sold a lot less than we expected. Everybody has gone for at least one three pack, hence we are not doing single wagons for the PCAs etc. Seems the vocal in asking for a single are very much in the minority...

761480889_cemfloboxes.jpg.b6d67ef7462896d01e2c259daa47438c.jpg

Cheers!

Fran

Sounds like Accurascale Threesomes by popular demand then? 

On a serious note, not really keen on the inner packaging of the HUO 3 packs, always fearful when opening the top that it may damage a wagon or three!

Regards,

C. 

• RMweb Gold
55 minutes ago, dogbox321 said:

Sounds like Accurascale Threesomes by popular demand then? 

On a serious note, not really keen on the inner packaging of the HUO 3 packs, always fearful when opening the top that it may damage a wagon or three!

Regards,

C. 

Best thing to do is take the plastic out of the cardboard bottom and take them apart one corner at a time. Judging by how few returns we get back on our items they do their job protecting the contents through the postal system which is essential in today’s market.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3

Speaking of recycling, I brought a pair of Hornby APCM Vee tanks off of flea bay but had them delivered to a friends in the UK. The same friend also took delivery of Hornby club material. Several months later she posted them to me. I got a big box parcel, remembered the Hornby club model and unpacked that and then threw the box away.

A week later I remembered the Vee tanks. And I suddenly realised that there may have been more in the big box. I felt really rotten for having sent a pair of Vee tanks off for recycling!

Five days later a second parcel arrived from my friend with the Vee tanks. Phew!

Fortunately the Cemflos will come straight to my house.

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, 071 said:

the single models, which have sold a lot less than we expected. Everybody has gone for at least one three pack, hence we are not doing single wagons for the PCAs etc. Seems the vocal in asking for a single are very much in the minority...

Whilst not claiming to an expert in the field of Model Railway Marketing, I wouldn't have thought this would be so unexpected, after all, these wagons generally, but not exclusively, ran in rakes, or at least in small blocks, on a restricted number of routes,  so the potential for single wagons scattered about the place is a tad limited, (of course Rule 1 applies!).

I'm sure anybody who only wants one in future can crack open a 3 pack and offload the other 2 elsewhere, although once they are in your grasp they are difficult to release!

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, JSpencer said:

Speaking of recycling, I brought a pair of Hornby APCM Vee tanks off of flea bay but had them delivered to a friends in the UK. The same friend also took delivery of Hornby club material. Several months later she posted them to me. I got a big box parcel, remembered the Hornby club model and unpacked that and then threw the box away.

A week later I remembered the Vee tanks. And I suddenly realised that there may have been more in the big box. I felt really rotten for having sent a pair of Vee tanks off for recycling!

Five days later a second parcel arrived from my friend with the Vee tanks. Phew!

Fortunately the Cemflos will come straight to my house.

It would seem that, like me, you are domiciled abroad, so I would like to mention the much appreciated knock down postage rate, (on my order at least), which Accurascale are offering.

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

image.png.181fd3a6178ef12a883761d3c6298cf2.png

They're only a couple of weeks away from delivery! We're quite excited as they have turned out very, very nicely....

We should have some for sale at Ally Pally and pre-orders will be with customers before that. 

Exciting times, especially with the PCAs not far behind!

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 9