• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, BR Blue said:

Just ordered TOPS era set. These ran until the mid 80s so I was on the fence but there is a 40% discount so that made up my mind :)

I’ve seemed to have ordered a mini rake of tops ones too this afternoon....

very nice wagons them Cemflos..

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, adb968008 said:

I’ve seemed to have ordered a mini rake of tops ones too this afternoon....

very nice wagons them Cemflos..

The slippery slope.

I'm not an addict. I could give them up, if I wanted to.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 09/07/2019 at 13:40, RBAGE said:

Look at all those lovely PVVs at the front of the train of cemflos. Pity nobody has done these lovely vans that would suit the Accurascale cemflo perfectly.

Smashing article in this months Hornby magazine on Cemflo weathering and a section on conversion to the Gloucester vehicle.

Still no news about PVVs. Come on, chaps!

Just unpacked my mini rake of 18 that arrived yesterday. Had managed to resist , but the 40% off made resistance futile. Very impressed with the quality , please do a rake of cartic 4's as I can sell one kidney , but please never even think about doing any MGR HHA's as I will need the other kidney.

• Funny 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 24/03/2019 at 06:06, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Douglas,

can you send this as an email to info@accurascale.co.uk and mark it for the attention of our technical director as I believe he has a solution? We will post it as a blog on our site too during the week after the Ally Pally madness dies down.

Cheers,

Fran

Hi Fran

I know its now been a year, but was there ever a final solution to th3 conversion of the Cemflo’s to P4.  Can’t find anything on the website.

thanks, Chris

• RMweb Gold
52 minutes ago, ChrisMitchell said:

Hi Fran

I know its now been a year, but was there ever a final solution to th3 conversion of the Cemflo’s to P4.  Can’t find anything on the website.

thanks, Chris

Hi Chris,

Sorry, that is something that slipped my mind. 

We did tinker around with P4 on the cemflos, and as far as I am aware it has been done, but it took more surgery than we had hoped. 

The axle is 0.125mm too short either end. The collar on the rear of the w irons must be removed first. Then, A couple of counter clockwise twists of a mousetail file in the axle pocket will help with free running. It's about taking your time and ream, check, ream.

Hope this is of help!

Cheers,

Fran

41 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Chris,

Sorry, that is something that slipped my mind. 

We did tinker around with P4 on the cemflos, and as far as I am aware it has been done, but it took more surgery than we had hoped. 

The axle is 0.125mm too short either end. The collar on the rear of the w irons must be removed first. Then, A couple of counter clockwise twists of a mousetail file in the axle pocket will help with free running. It's about taking your time and ream, check, ream.

Hope this is of help!

Cheers,

Fran

Thanks Fran

In the current climate I decided to try and re-invigorate my modelling and finally took the Cemflos I purchased  out of their boxes yesterday, and took a first look a converting them!   I quickly realised this was not going to be as simple as I had hoped.

regards, Chris

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 24/03/2020 at 12:51, ChrisMitchell said:

Page 18.

Page 20.

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 24/03/2020 at 12:51, ChrisMitchell said:

Hi Fran

thanks, Chris

Hi Chris,

There is also a step-by-step guide on our website by Mike Ainsworth of the Scalefour society on how to convert a cemflo to P4 as part of our 'Let's Get Involved' modelling series. https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/lets-get-involved/converting-your-cemflo-to-p4-with-mike-ainsworth

Or there's Porcy's conversion too.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is familiar with the shot on Diesels and electrics on 35mm 2 of the class 40 departing a yard with a rake of cemflos. That is Widnes Tanhouse Lane goods. If you look here you can see 3 in a siding.

http://disused-stations.org.uk/t/tan_house_lane/index21.shtml?fbclid=IwAR2534LJR00gACouLArf19Irur7UkPQUnHsbFTNGpOi6GfphJp9sQN3aVk4

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My latest modification was to try to recreate the official Gloucester photograph, as seen on Paul Bartlett's site. That of LA21 with open solebar.

The modifications include:

- Raise the barrel to correct height for Gloucesters

- Fit correct gusset plate to support raised height.

- Fit air pipes with kink. Fitted in different position to Met Camms.

- Replacement axlebox / suspension.

- Remove solebar reinforcement and replace with Gloucester "box" type reinforcement.

- Replace hand wheels.

- Complete new bottom discharge equipment.

DSCN1528.JPG.773af591ff0544100495c23b88cfdd02.JPG 

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 6

On 20/05/2020 at 14:55, Michael Delamar said:

Would those at Winwick have come from Clitheroe?

Clitheroe  is not a Blue Circle plant and as the photograph is not dated I can’t say the origin but suspect it is Hope as Kent was where these wagons were originally based.

Oxwellmains is a relatively new plant in the grand scheme of things.

• Agree 1