• 3 months later...

Morning All

I recently saw a picture of a Class 25 hauling Blue Circle Cement branded wagons at Princes St Gardens Edinburgh on Flickr but can't now for the life of me find it! Can anyone help? I'm trying to determine whether these are the same wagons

Tia

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, sulzer71 said:

Morning All

I recently saw a picture of a Class 25 hauling Blue Circle Cement branded wagons at Princes St Gardens Edinburgh on Flickr but can't now for the life of me find it! Can anyone help? I'm trying to determine whether these are the same wagons

Tia

Hi Sulzer71,

While I cant lay my hand on a 25 on cemflos at Princes St. Gardens, here's a 40 on them at the same location...

Princes Street Gardens

Hope it's some help!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Sulzer71,

While I cant lay my hand on a 25 on cemflos at Princes St. Gardens, here's a 40 on them at the same location...

Princes Street Gardens

Hope it's some help!

Cheers!

Fran

Thanks Fran , are those the ones offered by yourselves or are those the Gloucester type? I know nothing about wagons lol

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

Thanks Fran , are those the ones offered by yourselves or are those the Gloucester type? I know nothing about wagons lol

No problem! They look to be a mixture of the two. For instance, the first wagon behind the loco is our metro camm one, the second I think is gloucester. They were heavily mixed between both types really! By this time the Blue Circle boards were falling off the Metro Camms, so a mix of our pre TOPS and TOPS variants with just the board brackets would work well. 

Hope that helps!

Cheers!

Fran

6 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

No problem! They look to be a mixture of the two. For instance, the first wagon behind the loco is our metro camm one, the second I think is gloucester. They were heavily mixed between both types really! By this time the Blue Circle boards were falling off the Metro Camms, so a mix of our pre TOPS and TOPS variants with just the board brackets would work well. 

Hope that helps!

Cheers!

Fran

Helps a lot Fran , thanks again

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sulzer71 said:

I think that all but one of these are Gloucesters. The one fourth from the back is a Met Camm.

In this photograph you can distinguish the Gloucesters by the "joggle" in the side pipes. The Met Camms have pipes which are straight and horizontal.

A easy conversion can be carried out if you want to create some variation.

Bob

Just now, RBAGE said:

I think that all but one of these are Gloucesters. The one fourth from the back is a Met Camm.

In this photograph you can distinguish the Gloucesters by the "joggle" in the side pipes. The Met Camms have pipes which are straight and horizontal.

Bob

You might also notice that the Gloucesters are taller than the Met Camms if you look along the top of the train.

19 hours ago, RBAGE said:

Bob

Thanks for that info , I would rather wait until someone produces a Gloucester version than risk ruining perfectly good models

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, sulzer71 said:

Thanks for that info , I would rather wait until someone produces a Gloucester version than risk ruining perfectly good models

I understand your worries completely but there really is very little risk.

PM me with your email address and I'll send you the details of the method I used.

Bob 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

We have a Black Friday sale on with 40% off our cemflo wagons! You wont find queens as cheap as our silver queens anywhere else! While stocks last. Offer ends noon on Monday. Handy for some conversions or padding rakes out. 

https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/black-friday-offer

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

We have a Black Friday sale on with 40% off our cemflo wagons! You wont find queens as cheap as our silver queens anywhere else! While stocks last. Offer ends noon on Monday. Handy for some conversions or padding rakes out. 

https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/black-friday-offer

Cheers!

Fran

Is there a discount on the super-bulk pack of 19 wagons? When you first load the page is says £325, but the after a few  seconds reverts to the £390 price.

21 minutes ago, bartram108 said:

Is there a discount on the super-bulk pack of 19 wagons? When you first load the page is says £325, but the after a few  seconds reverts to the £390 price.

Strange, when I first loaded the cemflo page, I'm sure it was £34 for a few seconds but then went to £41.

Still a great price but I've already got 32 of them. Any more and people might start to think obsession.

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

1 minute ago, RBAGE said:

Strange, when I first loaded the cemflo page, I'm sure it was £34 for a few seconds but then went to £41.

Still a great price but I've already got 32 of them. Any more and people might start to think obsession.

I've realised my mistake - the lower price is ex-VAT. I've just ordered 6 packs with a total £250 for 18 wagons - BARGAIN!

• Thanks 3

• RMweb Gold

I didn't think I needed any more, shows how wrong you can be!

Now to find some transfers to renumber them with,,,,,,,,,,or shall I rebuild them, but with all that empty Cemflo shelf space at Accurascale Towers maybe something might be coming along?

Decisions decisions.

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Ah, the art of a well-timed advertising email... 

Having spent the morning internet shopping for Christmas gifts for others, I was thinking it was about time I treated myself, just as an email arrived advertising PCVs at £13.99 a wagon.  I thought I needed a bit of variety in my freight stock, so four triple-packs later... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• RMweb Premium

Oh my poor wallet!   I bought the single APCM8594 some while back and it has only ever run with a rake of vintage Triang-Hornby PCVs in a mixed livery of yellow and two shades of grey and it really puts the rest of the rake to shame.  It was crying out for some more Accurascale partners so I have yielded to temptation and bought a three pack.  Great value with this generous discount, thanks Accurascale.

Edited by cessna152towser
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2