2 hours ago, RD400 said:

Well been waiting for this day been no train shows and not spending money at them poor old wallet took the hit to make up for it 14 triple packs ordered well pleased such a bargain not to be missed 

Obsession.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
50 minutes ago, APOLLO said:

Maybe a silly question - but what colour are the Blue Circle pre-tops wagons ? They look silver in the photos, or are they a very light grey ?

Brit15

They are a silver aluminium finish.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Quite silly when they can be had for less than that elsewhere! 

Not as silly as the noggins that can't see the wood for the trees and pay the inflated Ebay prices.

I s'pose the ebay traders see the opportunity to make a "slow" buck when they see a product line near to selling out, they then buy stock so that exhaustion is reached quicker and think to themselves, ker-ching!

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Quite silly when they can be had for less than that elsewhere! 

I have just been having an ebay-fest selling off a load of things that I decided were only ever going to sit in boxes - using the money raised to fund things that won't. I always start below a fair price as I think most items find their level. I am absolutely stunned at the price some things reached - including some items I just considered binning.

Roy

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Cemflo problem.

I've just received my 3 Cemflos and what a beautiful model they are. So much detail.

However I do have a problem.

The coupling hang at least 1mm too low meaning that the hook on any other item of rollingstock does not engage.

Has anyone managed to cure this please?

Dave.

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, dasatcopthorne said:

Cemflo problem.

I've just received my 3 Cemflos and what a beautiful model they are. So much detail.

The coupling hang at least 1mm too low meaning that the hook on any other item of rollingstock does not engage.

Dave.

Have a look to see if the coupling NEM pocket is fully pushed in to its holder as this can cause the couplings to hang down lower that normal if they are not fully home.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

4 hours ago, dasatcopthorne said:

Cemflo problem.

Dave.

Just received a pack as I was reading this so I checked and on mine they are level with the couplings on my Bachmann 24/1.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, dasatcopthorne said:

Cemflo problem.

Dave.

My 4 triple packs arrived this lunchtime - coupling height seems roughly in the middle of the (admittedly slightly wider than ideal) range of my other RTR stock, with no issues found thus far.  At least the couplings sit pretty much horizontal, which is more than I can say for some other manufacturers - I've had some RTR items where the NEM pocket has been both set low and allowed the coupling to droop, to the extent that the bottom of the hook has actually fouled on pointwork until trimmed with snips!  

Very happy with my purchase - as @dasatcopthorne said, "so much detail", and irresistible at the Black Friday offer price!  

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Wow , my Black Friday Cemflos just arrived .  This is my first Accurascale purchase and I have to say very impressed . From the packaging , where it was a genuine delight opening the box , to the history of the wagons , to the wagons themselves , very pleased .  Can't wait to see what you are going to do for the Mk5 TPE pack .

Really outstanding stuff . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Legend said:

Wow , my Black Friday Cemflos just arrived .  This is my first Accurascale purchase and I have to say very impressed . From the packaging , where it was a genuine delight opening the box , to the history of the wagons , to the wagons themselves , very pleased .  Can't wait to see what you are going to do for the Mk5 TPE pack .

Really outstanding stuff . 

Thanks @Legend! Really glad you like them and thanks for the purchase. I always felt these were one of our best wagons and they turned out really well. 

We are dying to see our Mark 5s too, samples are getting closer and closer thankfully!

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 1