• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Many thanks for the order, Mike! Hope you enjoy them. 

Cheers!

Fran

They've gone in the box with the other thirty odd to await re-wheeling and weathering (and for these latest ones, re-numbering), you really are bad people!

Mike.

• Funny 2

Ian MacDonald is producing a kit of a PVV Bagged Cement Van that were frequently seen at the head of trains of cemflo (photos available but possible copyright). These van would really add interest to the huge number of cemflos that the lads have managed to shift in the last weeks. If the the cemflos need interest adding, of course.

Anyhow, have a look, they are beautiful and Ian's kits are superbly well designed for ease of building.

Get over there.

Bob 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, cessna152towser said:

Received my black Friday sale Cemflos this afternoon - they finally reached Scotland today despite postal delays.

How times change. At one time they would get to Scotland daily, without fail. Well, apart from the 31st of July, 1967.

• Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, cessna152towser said:

Received my black Friday sale Cemflos this afternoon - they finally reached Scotland today despite postal delays.

Wow! My  Black Friday Cemflos arrived in New Zealand yesterday. Looking at the parcel tracking history most of the transit time was spent at Heathrow waiting for a flight... This is about the usual transit time for air parcels from the UK to NZ so with all the restrictions due to the pandemic we are very well served.

Wagons are superb too! Thanks for the great deal Fran.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Got my black friday pack Wednesday. I had 11 parcels coming from the UK at one point all ordered last week of November and 1st week of December.

Started this week still waiting for 9 of them, still 3 to go.....

By contrast,  the new Fabienne Carat DVD came out yesterday, I ordered directly off the actrice a couple of weeks back on pre-order. It was parcelled up and sent yesterday by the actrice, recieved today with a nice dedicace inside. 

Edited by JSpencer

• 3 months later...

Got an email to say stocks of these are low, so if you havent already, time to indulge. One of the best Accurascale wagons, as hard as it is to choose the best

Edited by LaGrange
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 09/06/2021 at 19:01, montyburns56 said:

So who wants to have a go at modelling these?

po-08418-apcm-PCV-Widnes-1987-03

po-08325-apcm-PCV-Widnes-1987-03

By Huw Millington

Thats easy.

put it in a box, add in flour and water, send it to yourself by Hermes  with no signature required.

it’ll return back to you perfectly weathered and beaten.

Just make sure you've got ladders incase its left on the roof, and not on bin day, incase they arrive before the bin men.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 7

1 minute ago, adb968008 said:

Thats easy.

put it in a box, add in flour and water, send it to yourself by Hermes  with no signature required.

it’ll return back to you perfectly weathered and beaten.

Just make sure you've got ladders incase its left on the roof, and not on bin day, incase they arrive before the bin men.

Bin day is my biggest fear.

not the most appropriate place to share this but as you mentioned postage, I thought I would share.

I’m on holiday at the moment and bought something on a well known auction site. A Deltic, as it happens, but not the same scale as Accurascale sell.

I received confirmation of shipping by parcel force and that it would be delivered on Friday (tomorrow).

I won’t be there so I went on to their site and changed the day to Monday. They promptly sent me an email confirming Monday as the day.

Today I received a confirmation email from Parcel Force to say it had been delivered.

No idea where that one is going to be.

18 minutes ago, RBAGE said:

Bin day is my biggest fear.

not the most appropriate place to share this but as you mentioned postage, I thought I would share.

I’m on holiday at the moment and bought something on a well known auction site. A Deltic, as it happens, but not the same scale as Accurascale sell.

I received confirmation of shipping by parcel force and that it would be delivered on Friday (tomorrow).

I won’t be there so I went on to their site and changed the day to Monday. They promptly sent me an email confirming Monday as the day.

Today I received a confirmation email from Parcel Force to say it had been delivered.

No idea where that one is going to be.

Oh the great post code lottery, the satnav says you are here so put at random doorstep!

or

find a bin and put it in !

or on Monday asking to look in green bins for missing parcel as that’s where the photo showed it to be in!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Fredo said:

Hi, have you any plans to model the experimental L236 Cement Wagon which was a modified version of the one mentioned earlier. Thanks Fred 

Not being familiar with this particular derivative, I think that you will have to be more specific concerning the modifications to L236 - or provide a photo.

John Isherwood.

• Agree 2

56 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

Not being familiar with this particular derivative, I think that you will have to be more specific concerning the modifications to L236 - or provide a photo.

John Isherwood.

Yes, if you have details of the modification, I'm sure someone would love to have a go.

Edit:  Just thinking, is this the unique suspension trial?

Second edit: Yes, see Paul Bartlett's site for photographs of the vehicle and close up of the suspension.

Edited by RBAGE

Fredo,

I can't imagine there would be much call for this experimental, 75mph suspension version.

However, if you would like to modify the Accurascale Met Camm version into a Gloucester version, I have etched and printed parts for such a conversion. Appropriate suspension parts are available from Wizard Models. Quite a simple change.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RBAGE said:

Fredo,

I can't imagine there would be much call for this experimental, 75mph suspension version.

However, if you would like to modify the Accurascale Met Camm version into a Gloucester version, I have etched and printed parts for such a conversion. Appropriate suspension parts are available from Wizard Models. Quite a simple change.

.... and transfers from me (Sheet BL145 @ https://www.cctrans.org.uk/products.htm ) .

CJI.

Edited by cctransuk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RBAGE said:

Yes, if you have details of the modification, I'm sure someone would love to have a go.

Edit:  Just thinking, is this the unique suspension trial?

Second edit: Yes, see Paul Bartlett's site for photographs of the vehicle and close up of the suspension.

https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/cemflo/ee0c9323    https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/cemflo/e3a9129a

And we measured it. But a major work as Accurascale don't do these wagons. 

Paul

• RMweb Gold

Good morning @Fredo,

We have no plans to produce this wagon as it was a true one off. However, a friend of ours did model one and send us in the photos. I am unsure if he is a member on here, but I'm sure he wont mind us sharing a pic of his work!967522151_modifiedCemflo.jpg.194cc4b79ccedcd09aab01d8922cfed7.jpg

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1