3 hours ago, mardle said:

I think the early Cliffe Uddingstone trains used the Gloucesterversion exclusively

Correct. Until the Mett Camm builds began to filter in. I've a BR official showing a full train of Gloucesters at Dunbar dated 1964.

Gloucesters as far as the eye can see on the original neg.

843708116_92040-Cemflos_York-1_PwDColl.jpg.4dc43c3f8e7d6c86b96f35fe90aff2ca.jpg

50 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Not quite, the metro camms were used from their introduction in '63...

To much Guinness at the poker table.  Do keep up in your own thread.  :smile_mini2:

17 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Oh bloody hell, Accurascale are back at the poker table, and they've got the green eyeshades on again!

Well if the boys are prone to the odd gamble surely the Gloucesters must be worth a punt.

I'm also pretty sure a Conflat L would be a dead cert. I've got my shirt at the ready.

P.s. I don't mind what colour eye shadow you Dublin boys wear.

Edited by Porcy Mane

25 minutes ago, Porcy Mane said:

Correct. Until the Mett Camm builds began to filter in. I've a BR official showing a full train of Gloucesters at Dunbar dated 1964.

Gloucesters as far as the eye can see on the original neg.

843708116_92040-Cemflos_York-1_PwDColl.jpg.4dc43c3f8e7d6c86b96f35fe90aff2ca.jpg

To much Guinness at the poker table.  Do keep up in your own thread.  :smile_mini2:

Well if the boys are prone to the odd gamble surely the Gloucesters must be worth a punt.

I'm also pretty sure a Conflat L would be a dead cert. I've got my shirt at the ready.

P.s. I don't mind what colour eye shadow you Dublin boys wear.

......................and a few Palbrick's wouldn't go amiss either but hey one at a time, eh!

21 minutes ago, BrushVeteran said:

......................and a few Palbrick's wouldn't go amiss either but hey one at a time, eh!

There's always macgeordie's that looks a cinch to put together.  Which reminds me, I must get round to ordering a couple.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, RBAGE said:

Steady on Mike, these lads need a PAT on the back so don't take the MICK. Sorry lads, cheap shot but the work you are doing is really exciting.

So, when do you think the Gloucester will be ready?

Don't forget, they are taller than the Met Camm.

I have copies of the original drawings, somewhere. There are quite a few detail differences.

Bob

Bob

Oh dear - I am part way through the conversions and was feeling bad about not getting on with them. Now it's getting really difficult to know which way to turn. I guess the conversions are a way of 'keeping busy', however .........

Dave

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Porcy Mane said:

There's always macgeordie's that looks a cinch to put together.  Which reminds me, I must get round to ordering a couple.

Recommended

DSC05253.JPG.74fcb71dbd197c1c1afabdd29e4eed08.JPG

DSC05254.JPG.4eda9df35fee735a13e3cb1685dd67bb.JPG

Must get the painting done!

Dave

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

• 9 months later...

Bit late to party on these!!

Having lost interest for several years and only getting back into the hobby when forced to stay at home two years ago I missed the announcement of these! 

My planned layout area and era being around Sheffield in the mid to late 80s - the Hope to Dewsbury cement is a key train.

It went over to PCA around 88/89 judging by photos and I’d assembled a rake of Bachmann PCAs during lockdown with the thought I’d have to stretch the realism  a bit and use them for the earlier period!

A bit of Google searching last week revealed that you’d released the PCV, but then the website was, unsurprisingly, showing them as all sold out. However a bit of searching and I’ve now sourced a complete set of TOPs wagons and now have in my possession my very first Accurascale models, which is very long overdue! Although I thought the Deltic was going to get that honour! 

They’re cracking models and means that the PCAs will be heading off to eBay shortly! 🙂

I’m hoping at some stage you’ll have another release of these as the Dewsbury seems to have had around 36 wagons so could do with another 6 sets of TOPS era please!! 😉 

Looking forward to a steady stream of AS  deliveries going forward, although hopefully as you announce more it’ll become a raging river! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/06/2021 at 23:46, Mark Saunders said:

Oh the great post code lottery, the satnav says you are here so put at random doorstep!

Hmm, that happened with me once...

Left on drive at a house in the next street, and the key put through the letterbox

And that was with a 2 y.o. Jag being returned from a service

Needless to say, the only thing I'd touch Stratstones with again's the business end of a shunter's pole!!!

Very pleased to see the interest in, and consideration of, the earlier Gloucester wagons.

I only got 4 of the current models, holding off from getting more, as although l could do with a full rake, the later Met-Cams just squeeze in at the end of the period l model, so l should have mostly the earlier type.

Of the suggestions above, the Palbrick, KR  now doing that one. I'd find some Conflat Ls useful though, as were common in my area.

Already have 24 of the 24t hoppers - edit - 6 more on order

Edited by Ken.W
Correcting auto-in-correct
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Chilly said:

Looking forward to a re-run of these 😀

1 hour ago, Michael Hodgson said:

I didn't realise that was planned, have I missed some announcement?

1 hour ago, Chilly said:

Just me wishful thinking 🙂

Just like the rest of us waiting for "the other ones" !

Mike.

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 17/05/2022 at 15:14, Ken.W said:

Hmm, that happened with me once...

Left on drive at a house in the next street, and the key put through the letterbox

And that was with a 2 y.o. Jag being returned from a service

Needless to say, the only thing I'd touch Stratstones with again's the business end of a shunter's pole!!!

Even the Royal Mail’s own address finder gets it wrong. Used it yesterday, found the address I was looking for BUT it was about 10 houses away from where the blob for it had appeared on RM’s location map. The NLPG should have all the address correctly plotted by now (we were working on that back in the early 2000s) but I suspect pricing and other issues stop the now privatised postal/courier companies using what was created as a public funded system for govt bodies to use. (Royal Mail was still a UK public service back then).

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Mark Hamlin said:

Very much looking forward to a re-run of these guys. I was late to the party on these and subsequently have been taking my chances so far on eBay😀

How many do you want? I might be able to spare a few.

I'll drop them off if I'm ever passing. 🌍↘️🌏

• Funny 1