• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, JSpencer said:

Now I don't know about others, but I would REALLY LOVE Accurascale to do the Gloucester version. Oh and the Vee tanks, and the PDAs, and the Prestwins (now that Bachmann dropped them), and the..... 

Hmmm, do I smell a wishlist? :D

9 minutes ago, Axlebox said:

...conflat Ls please

... with the 3 variations on the Conflat L container. A surefire massive seller. Anybody else agree?

Not that Mr A. Box and I require hundreds of the bl**dy things.

P. E. R. Spiring

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 3
  • Agree 2

On 31/03/2019 at 13:59, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi there,

Thanks for the order. They will be with you early this coming week!

Cheers,

Fran

Arrive today about 14.45. Lovely models. Is there any planning to produce more UK Wagons pre tops? 

4344F654-77CB-4C47-8CDB-8FB48FCF0A3A.jpeg

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Finishes like this is why we don't do factory weathered models... 

1787192407_pcv3169.jpg.213b597e94394c8b7c1a0ed12be7a23f.jpg

Rubbish; he can knock some out on the night shift. Really nicely done. 

• Agree 2
  • Funny 4

16 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Happy 'Tatty Thursday' everyone! Our technical director took out the weathering powders, rock salt and the airbrush and got to work on some of our new TOPS era cemflos. We think they look super, but maybe we're a tad biased! :D

Finishes like this is why we don't do factory weathered models... 

345017604_PCV7SQUARE.jpg.69090a6c3f69f12675f436f81fcdaf18.jpg

971648864_PCV4SQUARE.jpg.a3d82b7e5be2ec0bbe84368f276c1e1c.jpg

1787192407_pcv3169.jpg.213b597e94394c8b7c1a0ed12be7a23f.jpg

Whoever the art is, he's done a cracking job. Would it be too far off topic him to explain how he achieved the scabby appearance on the top of the one on 8584? Very nice. I don't think they would be this crabby in my period but it might be interesting to apply something like this around the filler hatches.

Bob 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, RBAGE said:

Whoever the art is, he's done a cracking job. Would it be too far off topic him to explain how he achieved the scabby appearance on the top of the one on 8584? Very nice. I don't think they would be this crabby in my period but it might be interesting to apply something like this around the filler hatches.

Bob 

Hi Bob,

We're thinking of doing a wee video on it to show how it's done in the coming weeks, so keep an eye out for that.

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

On 02/04/2019 at 21:20, Porcy Mane said:

Anybody else agree?

So with only four thumbs up, I think the RTR manufactory men will be avoiding the Conflat L.

Carry on scratch building Mr. A Box.

F. R. Osty

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

So with only four thumbs up, I think the RTR manufactory men will be avoiding the Conflat L.

Carry on scratch building Mr. A Box.

F. R. Osty

Didn't realise you going Brexit style on this, both my thumbs up then.

Mike.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, RBAGE said:

Bob 

Bob, 

Thanks for the kind words. This video should assist in explaining far better than I could. 

If you want gunk around the hatches, I'd suggest ak interactive weathering powders, and some texturising fluid. Ak work well with rtr stock. Some other weathering powders I find require a spray of a varnish before they take to the surface. 

I hope to be able to do some work on general weathering techniques with airbrush, by brush, washes, and powders in the coming weeks, from the cheap and cheerful alternatives to top of the line products.

Just a touch busy with the *censored* project at the moment..

RM 

• Like 4

Here's a one for you to think about.

These lovely models would have existed in their out of the box condition as Pre TOPS vehicle for a very short time before the aluminium quickly oxidised and Mr. APCM spilled his product all over the sides of his beautiful wagon. So, weathering is recommended.

However, for TOPS vehicles, already subject to years of exposure and neglect, they would already be in a poor state before Mr APCM removed the branding for fear of embarrassment at the state of his vehicles and applied the new numbering. Would the Cemflos have undergone renovation back to the shiny, toilet door appearance? Probably not. More likely, the crabby old tank would have been patched and the general appearance remained as it was.

So, should Accurascale mandate that every cemflo must be weathered lest there be a suggestion that the wagons represent nothing that ever existed.

Maybe this should be in the "Musings" section because that's all they are. It could be that they were all brought back to pristine at TOPS introduction. If so, I will happily wipe the egg from my face.

Does anyone have any evidence of TOPS Cemflos in "tip top Tipperary Mary" condition (as me granny used to say)?

And while you're there, any news on my enquiry about pre-TOPS Cemflos running with the Blue Circle "dart board" removed and just the brackets in place so that I can backdate some TOPS wagons? 

2 hours ago, RBAGE said:

Would the Cemflos have undergone renovation back to the shiny, toilet door appearance? Probably not. More likely, the crabby old tank would have been patched and the general appearance remained as it was. 

Wouldn't have taken long to answer this for yourself. Underframes were less likely to be done up but bodies were shot blasted https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/cemflo/e143c6522   

Paul

Edited by hmrspaul

3 hours ago, hmrspaul said:

Wouldn't have taken long to answer this for yourself. Underframes were less likely to be done up but bodies were shot blasted https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/cemflo/e143c6522   

Paul

So, what should it be, fried or boiled?

That would make an interesting weathering project but how to produce a shot blasted appearance?

Paul,

What about pre-TOPS with just the brackets, no dart board?

40 minutes ago, RBAGE said:

So, what should it be, fried or boiled?

That would make an interesting weathering project but how to produce a shot blasted appearance?

Paul,

What about pre-TOPS with just the brackets, no dart board?

I've seen no evidence of pre-TOPS with just brackets only, but that's hardly definitive. 

As for producing the shot blasted appearance, you could use the rock salt method, and overspray with dullcote or matt varnish so you've a hit and miss shiny/matt appearance. 

RM. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

After running out of our Pack A pre TOPS pack of cemflos in double quick time, we ordered some more which have just arrived in stock! Our pre TOPS rake bundle is therefore open for orders again! 

2051628175_cemfloBCtrio.jpg.063efae14fa8282dafdccb90a37de6a9.jpg

More info here: https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/apcm-pcv-cemflo-powder-wagon/products/apcm-cemflo-pcv-powder-wagon-triple-pack-la202-la205-la208-pretops

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3